Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

qwikrex

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 12, 2008
Whenever I put a DVD+RW in and eject it, the icon stays on the desktop and in the finder. I have to manually delete it. Is this normal? I tried repairing permissions and repairing disk, but it didn't help. It happens both on my new Aluminum macbook and my older whitebook. If I put a blank CD-R in and eject it the icon disappears normally. In addition, I found if I eject the DVD+RW by right clicking the icon and selecting eject, the disc pops out and the volume unmounts from the desktop as it should. If I use the physical eject button however, the icon gets left behind.

Also, when I insert any blank media it gives me a pop up window with some options. If I select Open finder, the cd/dvd icon shows up on the desktop as untitled cd/dvd, but no finder window automatically opens. Is this normal?

shady825

macrumors 68000
Oct 8, 2008
Area 51
When the finder thing comes up i just click "ignore" and do what i was doing..
If you say this has happened on your white MacBook AND your aluminum one then i guess its possible its the discs? Have you tried another brand/kind?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.