Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

montecarloss919

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 17, 2008
Hi all

so i have the 3g, and i have location services on, and hit that nice little button to find my location, and now all i get is the big circle around my general area. I know for a fact it worked before the update but not it does not, and will not find my exact location

anyone have this problem/ have a fix for it?

Thank you!!

nickspohn

macrumors 68040
Jun 9, 2007
That's the cellular towers working.

Try restarting the phone and see what happens. Also make sure you are by a window.

You can always do a restore to by plugging the phone into iTunes and then hitting restore. 2.2 didn't break GPS for anyone else as far as i know.

normwood

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2008
In a house...duh!
Sorry you are having GPS issues since 2.2.

Mine on the otherhand is forking faster than fast. I turned location services on this afternoon while out driving around and it found me almost instantly.

I don't actually have the location servicing on much though because I never go any place cool. :D

Steve

TCorey

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2008
Having a similar problem. GPS narrows to within a 10 block radius of my location, but never shows my exact location. Have tried restarting and turning off 3G, etc., but nothing seems to work.

Frozen001

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2008
Having a similar problem. GPS narrows to within a 10 block radius of my location, but never shows my exact location. Have tried restarting and turning off 3G, etc., but nothing seems to work.

I just tried it for the first time since upgrading to 2.2, and I get "Cannot Find Location"

It worked fine before I upgraded... :mad:

montecarloss919

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 17, 2008

exact same problem! grrr!!

Eluzion

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2007
GPS is less effective for me as well. Hardly works in places it use to work all the time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.