Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

02AltimaSE

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 6, 2008
New Orleans, LA
Hello everyone...newbie here. This is the first time I've posted in the Digital Photography forums. I took a Photography (film) class back in college and really enjoyed it, so a few months ago I bought a new DSLR. I was bored today, so I decided I would go for walk and take some pictures. I'm new at this, so please all C&C welcome. I'm trying to decide which are the best, if any. I'm thinking about maybe editing them a bit and hanging them in my house (new house, not much money for decorating :) ). Enjoy.

DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0027.jpg

DSC_0037.jpg

DSC_0049.jpg

DSC_0056.jpg

No post-processing in any of these yet.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Some of them look snap shotty, but they're not the worst. It looks like you were shooting around high noon, the brightest time of day. Perhaps another go at it near sunset where the golden light is just right would do some good. Also, I get that you're not authorized to enter through the front gates, but some of them are distracting.

I think the second pic is quite strong (good).

02AltimaSE

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 6, 2008
New Orleans, LA
It looks like you were shooting around high noon, the brightest time of day. Perhaps another go at it near sunset where the golden light is just right would do some good. Also, I get that you're not authorized to enter through the front gates, but some of them are distracting.

I think the second pic is quite strong (good).

Yes, it was noon. When I left my house, it was cloudy, but when I started shooting, the sky cleared so I know the lighting is a bit harsh.

Funny thing with the gates, the best looking houses (the ones that I wanted to shoot) of course all had gates. I knew they would be distracting, but it was either include them or back into the street and risk getting hit by a car. I chose the former :D.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.