Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mac2008

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 23, 2008
I am looking for information on the Atlas Air Sleeve that is mentioned on the MacWorld magazine (Dec 08 edition) page 140 of the Gear Guide recommendations. According to the description the sleeve besides providing protection to the Mac Air it adds more disk space, a firewire port and an optical drive. I have searched all over and cannot find any information.

zer0tails

macrumors 65816
Mar 23, 2008
Canada
wow I've never heard of a sleeve like that before. It actually adds a firewire port to it???

i tried googling it but no luck. Maybe email macworld and ask them.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
Are you sure it was Atlas and not Acme? It sounds like something the coyote would order. Was there a rocket sled attachment?

Grizzly Adams

macrumors member
May 20, 2008
Wow...sorry to burst your bubble, but that along with the LaCheese Drive and all other products on the page were parodies. It does not exist.

stiphone

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2008
Not that I'll be willing to buy a sleeve that costs $800 as stated in the magazine. Gosh. That's almost like buying another computer.

Adokimus

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2007
Boston, MA
any chance that was an April 1st copy you were reading? Even your brief description reeks of parody.

I however, being the ever-careful consumer, will be purchasing 5 of those LaCheese Drives. Anyone got a link? I can't seem to find where to get them!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.