PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice about the resale value of my MP

tfward
Nov 24, 2008, 01:49 AM
Hello everyone I was looking for some advice on the resale value of my MP. I like to start by saying I really love my MP and I don't really want to sale it, however I'm going through a divorce and my wife is putting me through the ringers so that being said this is what I have and I need some suggestions on how much I should sell it for.

2.8 Octo Mac Pro (Early 08)
8800GT
WD 640GB x2
Stock 320GB
4gigs of RAM
Dell 24" Monitor
Bose Companion 3

I would really like to be able to sell all of this and get enough to have some cash in the bank and get myself a low end iMac or Macbook. Thanks

tobyg
Nov 24, 2008, 02:07 AM
Hello everyone I was looking for some advice on the resale value of my MP. I like to start by saying I really love my MP and I don't really want to sale it, however I'm going through a divorce and my wife is putting me through the ringers so that being said this is what I have and I need some suggestions on how much I should sell it for.

2.8 Octo Mac Pro (Early 08)
8800GT
WD 640GB x2
Stock 320GB
4gigs of RAM
Dell 24" Monitor
Bose Companion 3

I would really like to be able to sell all of this and get enough to have some cash in the bank and get myself a low end iMac or Macbook. Thanks

I don't know all of the rules and laws to getting a divorce, but unless you bought this after you were legally separated, if you sell it, your wife may ask for half of the cash you get from it. You may be better off keeping it or at least asking a lawyer what will happen to the funds you get from this if you sell it. Just something to think about.

But I really don't know what the laws are, nor what country you live in and what your laws may be regarding the selling of marital property during a divorce.

tfward
Nov 24, 2008, 02:11 AM
We've already split everything up so what little bit I did get is mine now. Thanks for the concern, cause I was also worried about this at first.

Mase
Nov 24, 2008, 02:12 AM
We've already split everything up so what little bit I did get is mine now. Thanks for the concern, cause I was also worried about this at first.

this is a lesson for everyone else out their. Get a Prenup! :) Sorry to hear about the divorce.

IroquoisPliskin
Nov 24, 2008, 02:24 AM
This is a lesson for everyone else out there, don't get married.

pnyc
Nov 24, 2008, 02:55 AM
I think that you should be able to get $2700.00+ for the computer alone. Good place to kind of judge the resell value of stuff like this is to take a look at at completed eBay auctions. Here is a recent auction for a similarly configured MP : http://cgi.ebay.com/Apple-Mac-Pro-8-Core-2-8-GHz-GeForce-8800-GT-512MB_W0QQitemZ120330848175