PDA

View Full Version : Itunes 8.02 Vista no longer sees any iPhone - sees Ipod G5

likegadgets
Nov 24, 2008, 08:24 AM
On my Thinkpad with Vista Ultimate, after the 8.02 upgrade, iTunes will not see any of my iPhones. (I have a G2 that is JB and a 3G that is not). However it will see a G5 video iPod.

I have tried uninstalling iTunes AND Apple Mobile devices and reinstalling several times. Tried different cables an all 3 USB ports. Deleted the temporary directories before reinstalling iTunes 8.02.

The iPhones and cables appear to be OK (My iMac iTunes see them OK).

I need my Thinkpad to be able to see the iPhone when I travel as I manually download movies to it.

I have googled and searched the topi and tried most steps (mostly uninstall, reboot reinstall) but nothing I do corrects the error. Device manager does not appear to see an issue and Vista recognizes the iPhone as a camera the second it is plugged in.

Any hints?

Thanks

SnowLeopard2008
Nov 24, 2008, 09:44 AM
There isn't much you can do, since you've reinstalled, rebooted, tried different cables from all the ports... maybe a restore of the iPhone in question using the iMac and then sync to the ThinkPad?

ravenousllama
Nov 26, 2008, 06:39 PM
This may also be a Windows vs. Mac issue... I know, at least with my iPod in the past, that iPods formatted for use on a Mac can't be synced/updated with Windows, and vice versa. I'm not sure of how this issue works with more recent models of the iPod/iPhone, as i don't have a mac anymore. But that's how it's been in the past. This may be an unsolvable problem.

Akitakoi
Nov 26, 2008, 10:26 PM
My connection into my trucks HD radio no longer works either. Hope Apple didn't do this on purpose and fix's it soon.:mad:

likegadgets
Nov 27, 2008, 12:08 AM
This may also be a Windows vs. Mac issue... I know, at least with my iPod in the past, that iPods formatted for use on a Mac can't be synced/updated with Windows, and vice versa. I'm not sure of how this issue works with more recent models of the iPod/iPhone, as i don't have a mac anymore. But that's how it's been in the past. This may be an unsolvable problem.

This one was solved. I had to locate the USBAPPL.SYS and INF files manually and on device manager replace the driver. Google found the answer in one of many forums. Thanks all for your replies.