Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brianellisrules

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 17, 2003
Howdy folks.

I'm finally starting to get the hang of the coding/programming side of web design, but my creativity is about a zero (hey, I'm an engineer, what do you want?!). I was wondering if some of you guys could point me in the direction of some good resources, books, websites or otherwise, that would give some tips about designing webpages.

I mean, based on this thread I'm fairly confident in my coding skills, but I lack the creativity... in fact, my buddy's paying his friend to make his webpage for him... heck, I would've done it for free! (until I realized I have the creativity of a folding chair and thus couldn't compete with an experienced web designer).

kettle

macrumors 65816
You'll be fine.

You have creativity, if the huge number of graphically brilliant sites had an "nth" of the imaginative content your own site has, the www would be a much more worth while experience.

just get some tools and then start practicing, the results will be worth the effort you put in. Look for what you see as the visual leading edge in well designed web sites and then do your best to make them how you would rather see them. I know you can deliver original content so I know it's only time and practice before you get the look that you want.:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.