PDA

View Full Version : itunes song items not matching ipod items

adrianseto
Nov 24, 2008, 09:48 PM
Hi,

After syncing all my songs from ipod (iphone) with itunes I checked the number of items on itunes (for music) against the number of items on the ipod and realized they don't match. It shows that my itunes has about 15-20 more items than on the ipod. Why is that?

I thought it was from the Digital booklets some albums come with but that didn't add up either.

Any ideas why?

Thanks,
Adrian

J the Ninja
Nov 24, 2008, 10:11 PM
Podcasts may be part of it. iTunes counts them separately as their own thing, but iPods appear to count each ep as it's own song. I just checked mine, and my iPod shows 628 songs. Their are 606 in my iTunes library, plus 8 podcasts, but I don't have them all on on my iPod

adrianseto
Nov 25, 2008, 12:51 AM
Podcasts may be part of it. iTunes counts them separately as their own thing, but iPods appear to count each ep as it's own song. I just checked mine, and my iPod shows 628 songs. Their are 606 in my iTunes library, plus 8 podcasts, but I don't have them all on on my iPod

Thanks J. However, I don't have any podcasts in my itunes or ipod. So I am wondering if not all the songs are making it over to my ipod... Is there anyway to check to see if they are all syncing over?