PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye all! For a while...

menoinjun
Jun 5, 2002, 11:35 PM
Well everyone...tomorrow marks the beginning of my road trip. We are leaving Pittsburgh towards San Diego and LA, and then back. It should take around 3 weeks, and be loads of fun.

Believe me, I will be trying to check macrumors.com at every chance I get, and I am taking my Canon ZR45MC to document the trip, so maybe I will have some picts or movie clips of the shenanigans that will surely ensue. (man I'm a loser)

For those New Orleansers...I am hitting New Orleans around friday night. I don't think that I will be staying for very long, or that I will have time to say hi, but if you want to try and meet...email me at ptrauber@mac.com and I will give you my cell number. I can't guarrantee that I will be up for partying on bourbon street (ive been there 3 times already and love it) being that we will have driven 12 hours straight that day, but we'll see. Maybe the Cat's Meow, Pat O'Briens, or the 777 club? Hand Grenades and Hurricanes for all!

For everyone else...I will talk to you soon. Again, I will be checking in periodically, and am anxiously awaiting the announcement of the avatar contest winner.

Toodleoo!

-Pete

Mr. Anderson
Jun 5, 2002, 11:41 PM
Well, have a safe trip, and check in online and maybe even go in and post a few pics if you get a chance, that would be kind of cool if you could hit a few mac stores along your route....

The winner of the Avatar Contest might be announced up to a week later, so don't expect something on the 12th.

eyelikeart
Jun 5, 2002, 11:45 PM
cool Pete...

I'll send u an email then...I'm not sure what the weekend holds yet for me...but if we can work it out...we'll grab a drink... ;)

menoinjun
Jun 6, 2002, 09:48 AM
Cool eye. Take it easy everyone...T-minus two hours until liftoff.

-Pete

eyelikeart
Jun 6, 2002, 09:55 AM
well pete...u say this friday night?

glad to know u already know the spots in New Orleans...makes it easy to decide when someone comes to visit...

let me know which friday exactly...and are u staying here for the night?

jefhatfield
Jun 6, 2002, 01:55 PM
sounds like a huge trip

i take it you are doing the southern route...try to stay cool and bring lots of water:D

eyelikeart
Jun 6, 2002, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by jefhatfield
i take it you are doing the southern route...try to stay cool and bring lots of water:D

yeah...and be careful of your tires...we have the worst public roads here... :rolleyes:

Mr. Anderson
Jun 6, 2002, 02:10 PM
You've obviously never been to Alaska.

With all the frost heaves durning the colder months, the roads get ripped to shreds...

eyelikeart
Jun 6, 2002, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by dukestreet
You've obviously never been to Alaska.

With all the frost heaves durning the colder months, the roads get ripped to shreds...

that I have not...but u can always tell when u are close to home while driving long distance...the roads get all bumpy...potholes...ugh...hell on your suspension...

Macmaniac
Jun 6, 2002, 02:30 PM
"Waves" See ya soon!

mac15
Jun 6, 2002, 05:54 PM
Cool I wish I could have a break for a while
safe trip and best wishes