PDA

View Full Version : Help With Home Studio!

danielpadmore
Nov 25, 2008, 06:57 AM
Good day!

im trying to sort out my home studio and im lost to be honest :(

ill write what stuff i got to work with

- 24" iMac
- edirol UA-25 audio interface
- PV14 14 channel USB mixer
- M audio speakers

at the moment i have my mixer plaugged in (usb) to my mac and the edirol ua25 also into a usb port for midi.

anyone no how i can set all this up so its nice n simple to use :)

Plumbstone
Nov 25, 2008, 07:59 AM
I dont know your mixer personally but from a quick look at the manual it appears it acts as an audio interface too. Unless you set up an aggregate device in your Audio/Midi setup you will only ba able to address 1 interface at a time so your Edirol interface seems to me to be surplus to requirements.

As long as you have the correct drivers installed once you plug in your USB mixer it should show up in the A/M setup as an available interface and so also appear in whichever application you are using for recording/programming. Then just plug your speakers into the control room outputs on your mixer and you should be good to go.

danielpadmore
Nov 25, 2008, 08:52 AM
Dont suppose u no wat the deal is with "tape out/in" i have my speakers linked with the control room outs but i duno if its a good thing to do or not but i connected rca cable from tape out to the bk of speakers aswell?

Thanks

Killyp
Nov 26, 2008, 12:56 AM
No need. The speakers should only be connected to the Control Room output - the idea being that you can mute them should you need to record something with a microphone.