PDA

View Full Version : [UK] Father's rape abuse on daughters

edesignuk
Nov 25, 2008, 08:38 AM
A father repeatedly raped his two daughters during a campaign of abuse which resulted in 19 pregnancies, a court has heard.

The 56-year-old, of Sheffield, had earlier pleaded guilty to 25 rapes and four indecent assaults.

The attacks led to nine children being born, two of whom died. The other 10 pregnancies were miscarried or aborted.

Sheffield Crown Court was told he "took pleasure" in knowing the harm he was doing to his daughters.

The court heard that the father, who cannot be named for legal reasons, threatened them with a "real hiding" if they refused to have sex with him.

Nicholas Campbell QC said: "All the defendant's children spoke of his domination over their family life. He was tall and strongly built."

Mr Campbell said the father "liked to think that he was the hard man".

He added: "All the family were frightened of him. When they heard his car pulling up outside the house, the children and their mother ran to their respective rooms."

He will be sentenced later. BBC (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/south_yorkshire/7747711.stm).

First I've heard of this. Sick s*** :( :mad:

MacDawg
Nov 25, 2008, 08:45 AM
Sadly, there is no punishment to fit the crime

Woof, Woof Dawg http://homepage.mac.com/k.j.vinson/pawprint.gif

liketom
Nov 25, 2008, 08:46 AM
Jesus only up the road from me , what has this world come to.

themoonisdown09
Nov 25, 2008, 08:51 AM
That's so disturbing. How could he possibly find pleasure in the harm he was doing to his daughters. I think now it's time for him to get put in prison and have the "pleasure" get done to him.

Gray-Wolf
Nov 25, 2008, 08:52 AM
Similar to the incident in Germany, or was it Austria.

Dagless
Nov 25, 2008, 09:04 AM
Similar to the incident in Germany, or was it Austria.

You sig holds the answer.

But holy hell this is terrible. I've not seen it on the news yet. So these women have 7 daughters between them, jesus.

liketom
Nov 25, 2008, 09:11 AM
You sig holds the answer.

But holy hell this is terrible. I've not seen it on the news yet.

yeah that's true - not so long ago this sort of news would have been all over the newspapers and tv - people would be up in arms that this monster is still breathing air.

now i wonder what takes the headlines on the 6pm news tonight

koobcamuk
Nov 25, 2008, 09:36 AM
now i wonder what takes the headlines on the 6pm news tonight

The fact you can save 5 on a widescreen TV because VAT will be 15% and not 17.5%?

The fact we are going to borrow more money than ever before (but from where?).

Something about a "celebrity"?

eluk
Nov 25, 2008, 10:44 AM
Mr Campbell said the father "liked to think that he was the hard man".

He'll find just how hard he isn't when he's banged up.

Schtumple
Nov 25, 2008, 11:23 AM
Jesus only up the road from me , what has this world come to.

Wow that's pretty damn scary, I'm guessing this'll become the talk of the town where you are before long.