Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

saltyzoo

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 4, 2007
I have a friend who wants to to some editing that's a little too advanced for iMovie, but still not super professional kind of stuff.

The big feature he wants most of all is the ability to slow portions of footage down and speed others up.

Also, he is having trouble getting the video from his camera imported into the software he has been trying out so far. His camera creates VOB style dvd's. So any help with that would also be appreciated.

TIA

NRose8989

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2008
I have a friend who wants to to some editing that's a little too advanced for iMovie, but still not super professional kind of stuff.

The big feature he wants most of all is the ability to slow portions of footage down and speed others up.

Also, he is having trouble getting the video from his camera imported into the software he has been trying out so far. His camera creates VOB style dvd's. So any help with that would also be appreciated.

TIA

I'm pretty sure DVD based camcorders are not supported in Final Cut, and if they wanted to do some time remapping, It's kinda hard to do in FCE 4. So other than that, the only editing program that i know of that can do what they want is Adobe Premiere Pro and/with after effects. but thats not cheap unless your a student and I'm not sure if it supports DVD based camcorders.

saltyzoo

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 4, 2007
He's willing to spend a few bucks if it does what he wants.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.