PDA

View Full Version : What game do you want or are looking forward to?

mmmdreg
Jun 6, 2002, 07:45 AM
I haven't bought/downloaded a game in ages and was wondering what you guys think is good...I'm personally more into FPS's that anything else...I might get DoomIII if everyone says it's good on releases...it looks pretty good right now...but then again, the 2nd Unreal is looking alright too...

whawho
Jun 6, 2002, 07:57 AM
I am looking forward to:

Medal of Honor
Doom 3
Sim City 4000

vitruvius
Jun 6, 2002, 08:01 AM
I can't wait for the release of MystOnline (or MudPie) in 2003

mmmdreg
Jun 6, 2002, 08:16 AM
I played medaal of honour on PC...it wasn't all that crash hot...

topicolo
Jun 6, 2002, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by mmmdreg
I played medaal of honour on PC...it wasn't all that crash hot...

You must not have played through that Omaha beach level. That game is da bomb! MOHAA is easily one of the best games this year and it really feels like you're in Saving Private Ryan when you're playing.

britboy
Jun 6, 2002, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by topicolo

You must not have played through that Omaha beach level. That game is da bomb! MOHAA is easily one of the best games this year and it really feels like you're in Saving Private Ryan when you're playing.

That beach landing is intense! You leave the troop carrier, and more likely than not get shot before you can reach cover. Took me ages to get past that part.

The game i'm looking forward to is Doom III. I saw a trailer, and a sneak preview of the gameplay.... the graphics are just completely out of this world. That game is going to be scary :eek: :D

mueng
Jun 6, 2002, 09:22 AM
Warcraft III and Master of Orion III...wheeee!

Mr. Anderson
Jun 6, 2002, 09:22 AM
Halo

I've been waiting for this game for years, and with Bungie being bought out by MS, who knows when we'll see it - especially since it helps them sell their friggin XBox, damn, like I need another reason to hate Bill....:mad:

AlphaTech
Jun 6, 2002, 09:33 AM
Halo
Unreal 2 (or whatever they are calling the ones that are soon to be released)
I have Allied Assault MOH for the game peecee and it is quiet nice. More then a few spots are rough on you to figure out how to survive (like the sub section) but worth it. Since I am rebuilding the game peecee tonight, I will be reinstalling it and playing over the weekend (when not riding). I need to get back to where I was before.

Any/all good FPS games.

Taft
Jun 6, 2002, 09:57 AM
No Mac games...

But I'm really looking forward to Zelda, Metroid, and Mario.

Taft

topicolo
Jun 6, 2002, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by AlphaTech

I have Allied Assault MOH for the game peecee and it is quiet nice. More then a few spots are rough on you to figure out how to survive (like the sub section) but worth it. Since I am rebuilding the game peecee tonight, I will be reinstalling it and playing over the weekend (when not riding). I need to get back to where I was before.

Any/all good FPS games.

I thought the sub level was pretty easy, but getting through those levels filled with snipers all hiding in the shelled out town buildings was just horrible. That Super Tiger tank level was pretty nice tho--blowing up buildings and squishing nazis under my tank's treads gives you a nice high that you don't usually find elsewhere :-).

Macmaniac
Jun 6, 2002, 11:00 AM
WARCRAFT 3 BABY!!!
And starcraft 2!! When it starts being developed!

AlphaTech
Jun 6, 2002, 11:00 AM
I just had trouble getting out of the sub in time, before it blew up (and me along with it). Once I got the method worked out, it was fairly easy.

I love using the sniper rifles and taking out the enemies from a distance. The full auto weapons are also sweet... Love spraying them with bullets :D

britboy
Jun 6, 2002, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by AlphaTech

I love using the sniper rifles and taking out the enemies from a distance. The full auto weapons are also sweet... Love spraying them with bullets :D

Do you have the same violent nature when not on computers? :eek: :D

Have you tried Rogue Spear? That had some great gameplay, with sniper rifles, automatics.... the works. Great game that was.

AlphaTech
Jun 6, 2002, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by britboy
Do you have the same violent nature when not on computers? :eek: :D

Have you tried Rogue Spear? That had some great gameplay, with sniper rifles, automatics.... the works. Great game that was.

Ummmmm, sometimes :D, depends on the situation.

I haven't tried RS, since I have enough other games at this time to keep me 'happy'. I didn't care for how the other games in that series worked... I don't usually go for the squad type game, where you loose if one of your guys eats it.

You should see me in UT :D...

jelloshotsrule
Jun 6, 2002, 11:40 AM
i want links golf..... the idea of a good mac golf game, especially os x, sounds great to me...

and medal of honor looks cool.

as for halo, it's definitely sweet as crap.

kiwi_the_iwik
Jun 6, 2002, 11:59 AM
Some nice big fat Flight Simulator would be right up my alley...

At the moment, I've gotta make do with switching to OS9 when I want to play a game - these carbon games are far too slow. And Hornet Korea isn't playable in Classic mode. Bugger it. When are GraphSim going to patch that game over to X?

Feral Interactive are porting over F1 Championship for all of you budding Schumaker's out there - I've already got my Force Feedback Steering Wheel for that game, and the drivers should be ready with it's release. Yeeehaaaaa!:D

Targetware's Flight Sims look very stylish, too, as does the news that Falcon 5 might be developed for us lucky people. But WWII Online looks the Mutt's Nuts at the moment - and then, of course, there's Medal Of Honour.

www.macgamedatabase.com is a great way to check out some of the best to come our way, and for what may be coming our way in the future...

jm 555
Jun 6, 2002, 12:02 PM
i want infiltration 2.87 now please!!!

(its a UT mod for super reaslistic fighting)

ArtMan617
Jun 6, 2002, 09:05 PM
Halo would make my life complete....just the thought of the game makes me drool...oh jeez...I've actually considered buying an X-Box so that I can play Halo....I'm doomed.

-ArtMan617

AlphaTech
Jun 6, 2002, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by ArtMan617
Halo would make my life complete....just the thought of the game makes me drool...oh jeez...I've actually considered buying an X-Box so that I can play Halo....I'm doomed.

-ArtMan617

Dude, don't do it... Halo will be making it's way to the Mac, and peecee too, soon, just not soon enough.

spuncan
Jun 6, 2002, 09:26 PM
UT2K3, one of the best upcoming games around. Along w/ JK2. Now I would also like a decent PS2 emulator so I could play FFX but thats asking too much.

Pismo
Jun 6, 2002, 09:52 PM
I can't wait for Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast to be released for Mac. It's supposed to be released this summer and I can't wait to play it. I have the first Jedi Knight game for PC and I thought it was fantastic.

Durandal7
Jun 9, 2002, 10:47 PM
I'm looking forward to Master of Orion 3.

AlphaTech
Jun 9, 2002, 11:02 PM
UT2 is going to be on the shelves this month. With that in mind, I would hope that we see it on the Mac before the end of the year.

Beej
Jun 9, 2002, 11:55 PM
I'm gunna hafta buy a GF5Ti when Doom 3 is released and max out the detail... oooooh yea...

mac15
Jun 10, 2002, 12:02 AM
I want GTA3 and tony hawk 3

Wildcat
Jun 10, 2002, 12:16 AM
I would love to see rollercoaster tycoon 2. I loved RCT1 when I had a Peeee Ceeeee.

mr.w
Jun 10, 2002, 12:24 AM
I can't wait for Deus Ex II. The first one was just awsome, and the second should be even better.

oh... and what ever happened to those Marathon games. I really liked Marathon Infinity. I don't want to sound dumb, but did that whole storyline just turn into HALO once the company was sold to Microsoft???

mmmdreg
Jun 15, 2002, 07:14 AM
Is/has JediKnight2 been released on mac? people seem to think it's pretty good...

j763
Jun 15, 2002, 07:36 AM
Come on Sony!! We want EQ for Mac using OpenGL... drrooooooooollllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Ifeelbloated
Jun 15, 2002, 10:16 AM
I just ordered Medal of Honor:Allied Assault. It should be here next week. I'll let you all know how it plays. I'm pretty sure it's going to be kick-ass. :D

beez7777
Sep 27, 2002, 06:38 PM
Doom III

job
Sep 27, 2002, 09:32 PM
Icewind Dale II ;) :p

Deus Ex II for OS X

Unreal 2003 for OS X

MacBandit
Sep 27, 2002, 09:47 PM
Quake III
Unreal Tournament 2003
Myst Online

Halo? Maybe it's really cool but tainted by Microsucks.

I want my Bungie back!:mad:

SilvorX
Sep 27, 2002, 10:11 PM
i would like to see ea sports bring a mac line of games but that would never happen...

MacBandit
Sep 27, 2002, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by SilvorX
i would like to see ea sports bring a mac line of games but that would never happen...

You're really on this never happen thing right now. Here and in the predictions thread. :)

dreamlance
Sep 27, 2002, 10:31 PM
Halo 2, Doom 3, Unreal 2, and Devil May Cry 2 are all on my list of ones to definitely check out. Saw the prevvies for GTAVC and while I enjoy watching others play, I don't think I'll get it. Tony Hawk 4 looks good.

xelterran
Sep 28, 2002, 12:02 PM
Starcraft2 in the =>distant<= future -______-;; , doom3 looks pretty cool too...

BongHits
Sep 28, 2002, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by topicolo

really? i think medal of honour sucks...the only game i've played where I can empty an entire clip at 4-5 soldiers IN FRONT OF ME and hit NOTHING!!!!! and it's a machine gun, not a pistol. Then their is the sniper rifle...i never knew bullets traveled so slow...i literally wait like 10 seconds from shot fired to the kill (assuming they didn't MOVE in that time frame) MOH blows a fat one...

DOOM III, Mech Assault (M$), HALO 2

btw check out Turok: Evolution, it rips.

BongHits
Sep 28, 2002, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Ifeelbloated
I just ordered Medal of Honor:Allied Assault. It should be here next week. I'll let you all know how it plays. I'm pretty sure it's going to be kick-ass. :D

CANCEL THE ORDER U STILL HAVE TIME!!!!

BongHits
Sep 28, 2002, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by mac15
I want GTA3 and tony hawk 3
for PS 2? $30 and they're yours.

diorio
Sep 30, 2002, 05:21 PM
Master of Orion 3

zoob23
Sep 30, 2002, 05:45 PM
Bugdom 2!!!!!

beez7777
Oct 29, 2002, 06:59 PM
anyone know how games like doom III or unreal will run on a geforce4 mx? i bought a 17" iMax a little while back, hope the card is good enough to run games without choppyness

FattyMembrane
Oct 30, 2002, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by spuncan
Now I would also like a decent PS2 emulator so I could play FFX but thats asking too much.

PS2? there isn't even a decent PSone emulator yet, which is a real shame.

beez: i think the specs for doomIII require a graphics card with at least 64megs of vram, so you're imac should be "supported", for what thats worth. now, if only it would run on my rage128... :D

did anyone see that report on stepwise a while ago about EMB and Assosiates making three osx only games? the "sandkings" and "fantasy ball" ones sounded pretty cool.

Stelliform
Oct 31, 2002, 11:16 PM
UT2k3 and (although I hadn't thought of it before) a good golf game. I am going to start looking for the second. :D