PDA

View Full Version : Bad, Disapointing Movies

Mr. Anderson
Jun 6, 2002, 09:37 AM
I know there are a lot out there that don't live up to their hype, or even lack of it, but I just saw Planet of the Apes last night. OMG, what a piece of crap. It was a great original movie with Mr. NRA (Heston), funny and somewhat predictable seeing him as an ape in this version. But the acting was pathetic, Richard Burton usually comes up with a better movie, at least a little odder than most. This wasn't it. More like a sell out to Hollywood.

The story line sucked, the year is 2029 and we're orbiting another planet in a solar system far away? Year right, we'll be lucky to have a permanently manned station on Mars by then. And how does he get back home to Earth and its run by Apes, I hope they don't do a POTA 2, pathetic. I just hate it when movies use bad science.

Anyone got any others?

jelloshotsrule
Jun 6, 2002, 09:38 AM
mission to mars.

considering the budget and cast... and how good it "should" have been

it was so bad it was funny... which shouldn't be the case with big budget hollywoods...

Mr. Anderson
Jun 6, 2002, 09:41 AM
That was pathetic, I went to see it myself, late night, knowing I would have a hard time getting someone to go with me. The end scene with the Martians was way too silly.

The Red Planet, on the other hand was a pretty good movie, much better and nicely done, stayed true to the science as well (mostly).

eyelikeart
Jun 6, 2002, 09:52 AM
I honestly thought Vanilla Sky was pretty terrible...

the plot was lame...it kept shifting...unreliable narrator...very non-linear...

I think Tom Cruise tried a little too hard to be "artistic" with that one... :rolleyes:

Mr. Anderson
Jun 6, 2002, 09:58 AM
What! I liked Vanilla Sky, very strange and not knowing till the end what was going on was a nice touch. Because if you went back and saw it again there would be all sorts of clues that it was actually happening. Those are the type of movies I like the most, actually

ThinkpadsRule
Jun 6, 2002, 09:59 AM
I thought vanilla sky was terrible. The shifting in time and narrating was horrendous.

eyelikeart
Jun 6, 2002, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by dukestreet
What! I liked Vanilla Sky, very strange and not knowing till the end what was going on was a nice touch. Because if you went back and saw it again there would be all sorts of clues that it was actually happening. Those are the type of movies I like the most, actually

there was a lot of foreshadowing...but it just had no significance in my opinion...

plus that sex scene...very disturbing... :eek:

but I've been known to like a movie after seeing it a second time...so maybe I'd be willing to see it again to be open to a different thought on it...

Mr. Anderson
Jun 6, 2002, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by ThinkpadsRule
I thought vanilla sky was terrible. The shifting in time and narrating was horrendous.

Sometimes nonlinear is good. I like that type of thing, personally, so I liked the movie. It wasn't the best movie ever, but I'd see it again.

britboy
Jun 6, 2002, 10:41 AM
A really dire movie recently was Zoolander. There were a few good scenes ("it needs to be... at least 4 times bigger"!), but apart from that it just made me cringe.

Planet of the Apes was just way too predictable. I'm with duke of that one. The original was far superior in terms of the story line and acting.

jelloshotsrule
Jun 6, 2002, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by britboy
A really dire movie recently was Zoolander. There were a few good scenes ("it needs to be... at least 4 times bigger"!), but apart from that it just made me cringe.

ohhhhh snap!!!!

no. no.

you're kidding.. hahaha. that's good... ohh yeah, dont worry folks. he's only kidding... haha... ahhh.

right? please?

eyelikeart
Jun 6, 2002, 10:45 AM
I haven't seen it yet...I've heard it's stupid funny though...which I tend to really laugh a lot...

some people couldn't stand Dumb & Dumber...but I fall out of my seat everytime I see it...he he he :D

iGav
Jun 6, 2002, 10:48 AM
I think Planet Of The Apes wasn't the greatest of films........ but I liked Vanilla Sky....... particularly that Black Ferrari 250 GTO very nice indeed....... :D

As for disapointing films....... well, pretty much every Halloween film after the original sucked..... I liked Halloween 3, Season of the witch.... but it would have been better had it not been named Halloween........

whawho
Jun 6, 2002, 10:49 AM
[i]The story line sucked, the year is 2029 and we're orbiting another planet in a solar system far away? Year right, we'll be lucky to have a permanently manned station on Mars by then. And how does he get back home to Earth and its run by Apes, I hope they don't do a POTA 2, pathetic. I just hate it when movies use bad science.

Anyone got any others? [/B]

I totally agree, and not only that, in the new version all the humans talked? In the original only the Astronauts talked and could communicate with the apes...so why are the humans inferior in new version then? err....made no sense to me.

Mr. Anderson
Jun 6, 2002, 10:52 AM
Zoolander was hilarious, come on!

The files are in the computer......

It was a terrible waste of an iMac though....

eyelikeart
Jun 6, 2002, 10:54 AM
don't flame me too much...

but I really thought "Unbreakable" was a piece of *****...

Mr. Anderson
Jun 6, 2002, 10:57 AM
I just saw it again for the second time. It wasn't great and a little too slow. Bruce's character was not the brightest guy in the world, methodical, had a hard time coming to a decision. I would liked to have seen him a little more sure of himself, take more initiative, instead of just seeming to walk through the movie....

Dignan
Jun 6, 2002, 11:03 AM
So far as anyone talkin smack about zoolander....

You know what you can do?

You can dera-lick...my balls....

britboy
Jun 6, 2002, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule

ohhhhh snap!!!!

no. no.

you're kidding.. hahaha. that's good... ohh yeah, dont worry folks. he's only kidding... haha... ahhh.

right? please?

No no, i was serious. That scene (and the one mentioned by duke) are the only one's i found funny in the whole movie. The rest was utter crap.

Unbreakable... that was anothe v. dissappointing movie, you got that right eye (or hglm :p)

Mr. Anderson
Jun 6, 2002, 11:06 AM
Now that I think of it, there are some all time greats

Kevin Costner - WaterWorld and The Postman

OMG, what a friggin waste of money....

mischief
Jun 6, 2002, 11:07 AM
E2 was ****.

Sam Jackson, Frank Oz, Ewan MacGregor carried it.

Story was TOO TIGHT around the 2 least beleavable characters.

Politics and intreague were indecipherable to the non-fanboy.

Weapons handling was embarassing.

Mr. Anderson
Jun 6, 2002, 11:10 AM
You're allowed your own opinion, I loved it. It was a good ride, no JarJar, drew the whole story together a little more and everything is sort of falling in place, can't wait to see E3

eyelikeart
Jun 6, 2002, 11:11 AM
I just saw it again for the second time. It wasn't great and a little too slow. Bruce's character was not the brightest guy in the world, methodical, had a hard time coming to a decision. I would liked to have seen him a little more sure of himself, take more initiative, instead of just seeming to walk through the movie....

it was just weak all together...Bruce Willis' character had almost zero depth despite his abilities...

and Samuel L. Jackson's character...it was just horrible at the end...

Mr. Anderson
Jun 6, 2002, 11:12 AM
Yeah, the ending was kind of poor, SJ wasn't crazy enough. They could have done a lot more with the concept. Oh, well. That's the way it goes.

mischief
Jun 6, 2002, 11:17 AM
You're allowed your own opinion, I loved it. It was a good ride, no JarJar, drew the whole story together a little more and everything is sort of falling in place, can't wait to see E3

Actually I, myself liked most of it. That was the Siskel and Ebert style consensus from myself and my wife. I'm a minor fanboy with background in theatre, FX, Fencing, Theatrical Makeup, Acting and wrting. I only really had a problem with the rather wooden lovestory and the bad weapons handling.

My wife, on the other hand is not Fanboy enough to go to starwars.com and look up all the stuff and people ahead of time so she was completely lost. She's also been a peace officer so the poor weapons handling and tactics really got on her nerves.

Gotta say, from a Fencer's prospective: 2 lightsabers on 1 is no contest at all.

jelloshotsrule
Jun 6, 2002, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by eyelikeart
I haven't seen it yet...I've heard it's stupid funny though...which I tend to really laugh a lot...
some people couldn't stand Dumb & Dumber...but I fall out of my seat everytime I see it...he he he :D

well you should like a lot then.... check it out for sure.

and yeah, to britboy:

"who you tryin to get crazy with esse, don't you know i'm loco????"

you're just a brit who thinks that the queen mum is funnier than owen wilson. it's cool.

as for kevin costner: i enjoyed the postman. it was long and slow. but i thought it was good. i like costner, despite the terrible reviews he's gotten with his last.... 10 movies or so.

oh well

Mr. Anderson
Jun 6, 2002, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by mischief

Gotta say, from a Fencer's prospective: 2 lightsabers on 1 is no contest at all.

I agree with that. I saw a clip of Samuel Jackson doing his thing when they rescued the 3 of them on the termite planet, but as a blue screen. His movements were silly looking. All he was told to do was pretend to block shots. There wasn't much flair, something you would expect from a JediMaster, that and conservation of movement, oh well. Maybe someday Lucas will figure out what he's doing....

jelloshotsrule
Jun 6, 2002, 11:22 AM
i liked unbreakable, save the ending.... which was cheap and poor. definitely looking forward to signs though.

episode two was entertaining enough. but yeah, some of the specifics would be lost on non "fanboys". and the writing/acting was terrible in a lot of places...

does anyone else think it's funny that mischief, the pie wiedling cowboy, is married??? ha

britboy
Jun 6, 2002, 11:23 AM

and yeah, to britboy:

"who you tryin to get crazy with esse, don't you know i'm loco????"

you're just a brit who thinks that the queen mum is funnier than owen wilson. it's cool.

Who's owen wilson? Anyway, i'm a brit who likes a bit of intelligence in his humour. (not meaning to insinuate anything ;)) Zoolander was just too brainless for my liking.

mymemory
Jun 6, 2002, 11:24 AM
The Time Machine was even better produce than the Planets of The Apes. I guess the director of the Planets of The Apes was playing childish like in Episode One Gerorge Lucas did.

I have no problem with the 2021 stuff, specially if you try to recreate a old Si-Fi movie, but the humans speaking, the development of the story, just too much. It was done by an action movie producer.

jelloshotsrule
Jun 6, 2002, 11:27 AM
Who's owen wilson? Anyway, i'm a brit who likes a bit of intelligence in his humour. (not meaning to insinuate anything ;)) Zoolander was just too brainless for my liking.

he was hansel in the movie...

if you want intelligence.... see "bottle rocket", "rushmore", and "the royal tenenbaums".

3 films by the same director/writers and they are more subtle and "intelligent" in my opinion.

zoolander was goofy and silly. but it was great at making fun of the modeling industry. plus, i think many of the ideas were really really original.... including the overall story.

ok. word. queen mum humour. ok

mischief
Jun 6, 2002, 11:28 AM

episode two was entertaining enough. but yeah, some of the specifics would be lost on non "fanboys". and the writing/acting was terrible in a lot of places...

does anyone else think it's funny that mischief, the pie wiedling cowboy, is married??? ha

Watch it there or I'll make a special lime Jello and Vodka pie......... just for you.......

As to E2: The worst part was the mass-Jedi combat. George, buddy, if you're listening: DON'T EVER PUT FANBOYS IN MAKEUP IN A MOVIE EVER AGAIN!!!!!

I've always thought that Kendo and western fencing would be the two styles you'd extrapolate LS combat from.

eyelikeart
Jun 6, 2002, 11:28 AM

I'm not sure...I just accept it....he's a funny guy...pretty smart....and I hear his wife is pretty hot too...:D

jelloshotsrule
Jun 6, 2002, 11:30 AM
Watch it there or I'll make a special lime Jello and Vodka pie......... just for you.......

As to E2: The worst part was the mass-Jedi combat. George, buddy, if you're listening: DON'T EVER PUT FANBOYS IN MAKEUP IN A MOVIE EVER AGAIN!!!!!

so it'd essentially be a jello shot pie? sweet. i wish i drank!

what do you mean by fanboys in makeup? and it's funny, cause the mass jedi combat should've been the best part. jedi on such a large scale should rule. but something was missing for sure.

mischief
Jun 6, 2002, 11:33 AM
Just ask. Pick any scene you think was "off".

I think the limited lightsaber combat in Episode 1 was far superior to all but Yoda's duel (and even that had issues).:D

Oh, and for the rest of you giggling fools: ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) :rolleyes:

Backtothemac
Jun 6, 2002, 11:40 AM
Just ask. Pick any scene you think was "off".

I think the limited lightsaber combat in Episode 1 was far superior to all but Yoda's duel (and even that had issues).:D

Oh, and for the rest of you giggling fools: ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) :rolleyes:

mischief, i agree with you on this one. I think that the LS battles in Eps I were far better, and more awe inspiring that the ones in II. They seemed like a let down. I guess that was because they were in defensive mode in the big battle. But even when the were fighting the Count, it seemed like there was less ability in the battle. I think that he was trying to show the anger in Anikan though. Thus the way the camera was in tight for the shots.

mischief
Jun 6, 2002, 11:52 AM
From the deployment out of the Clone gunship it was flawed. When deploying from gunships you first provide suppressive fire from above, then move in and deploy without actually touching down. Light Sabers wouldn't be lit off until feet hit dirt. Broadsiding into a battle with an open-sided troop carrier without a DMZ laid first would be suicide.

From that deployment you move up in trios or pairs, Mace Windu actually had the best charge in the early scene (the Fanboys cast as non-human Jedi had NO CLUE how to handle their light sabers).

The interactions of Mass-combat machinery were pathetic. A rapid-deployment force of Droids would be far more effective than demonstrated, as would the Clone Army. All in all the Battle would have beed rapid and spectacular, which it wasn't. Lucas doesn't seem to have ANY experience with mass-combat or real weapons of any kind.

ThinkpadsRule
Jun 6, 2002, 11:57 AM
I didn't particularly like ocean's eleven either.

Mr. Anderson
Jun 6, 2002, 12:03 PM

Again, another case like Planet of the Apes, where the original was better. But in that vien,

3000 miles to Glaceland was pathetic.....

jelloshotsrule
Jun 6, 2002, 12:05 PM

Again, another case like Planet of the Apes, where the original was better. But in that vien,

3000 miles to Glaceland was pathetic.....

that and ocean's 11 were heist movies.

so while they somewhat entertained me... they weren't really good.

eyelikeart
Jun 6, 2002, 12:07 PM

I think the thing to do with Oceans 11 is not to concentrate on the fact that there an original...

that's how I went about it anyway....if it were just another movie title...it would be pretty damned good...

I did enjoy the movie though...was pretty clever...he he he ;)

Mr. Anderson
Jun 6, 2002, 12:28 PM

I think the thing to do with Oceans 11 is not to concentrate on the fact that there an original...

I did enjoy the movie though...was pretty clever...he he he ;)

There were some good points to it,

the guy who got the EMP device, can't remember his name, wasn't he in Snatch? (that's a friggin great movie, I own it, even)

"we're barny'd" (said in very strong english accent)

"what does that mean"

"Barny Rubble.....trouble"

eyelikeart
Jun 6, 2002, 12:40 PM

the guy who got the EMP device, can't remember his name, wasn't he in Snatch? (that's a friggin great movie, I own it, even)

that's Don Cheadle...

remember him in "Boogie Nights?"

he was also in the HBO film "The Ratpack"...played Sammy Davis Jr....

I didn't see "Snatch" so I'm not quite sure...

really good actor though...I always enjoy him :D

ps: a quick link I found...Don Cheadle (http://us.imdb.com/Name?Cheadle,+Don)

jelloshotsrule
Jun 6, 2002, 12:42 PM
don cheadle is the man!!!

he was a bad ass in traffic.

Mr. Anderson
Jun 6, 2002, 12:44 PM

that's Don Cheadle...

Ah, it wasn't the same guy in Snatch, just seemed the same. Yeah, Cheadle is funny, he's got another movie coming out next year, don't know anything about it though...

Backtothemac
Jun 6, 2002, 12:46 PM
Well, we all hate one line posts, but, here it goes. Ishtar. Worst movie ever.

jelloshotsrule
Jun 6, 2002, 12:56 PM

Ah, it wasn't the same guy in Snatch, just seemed the same. Yeah, Cheadle is funny, he's got another movie coming out next year, don't know anything about it though...

worst thing about don cheadle??????

he was in mission to mars! but i don't blame him. the writing...... yuck

Macmaniac
Jun 6, 2002, 12:58 PM
Zoolander was hilarious, come on!

The files are in the computer......

It was a terrible waste of an iMac though....
I screamed when they threw the iMac on the ground! What a waste, at least they bought it, I think.
Good movie though, even my mom liked it.

Mr. Anderson
Jun 6, 2002, 01:01 PM

worst thing about don cheadle??????

he was in mission to mars! but i don't blame him. the writing...... yuck

Yeah, there's only so much an actor can do with the role he's been given.....

palala
Jun 6, 2002, 01:02 PM
13Th Warrior
Worst...movie...ever

Battlefield Earth was another painful movie.

Don Cheadle rocks in anything that he is in. he made 'Volcano' something that could be watched.

Dignan
Jun 6, 2002, 01:12 PM
I saw Godzilla 2000 the first showing the first day it came out.

It was Horrible...and I LOVED it.

"The missile will go through godzilla like crap through a goose!!!"

By the end of the movie, even the people in the theater that thought we were rude for laughing, were laughing along with us. It crossed the line of being crap, to being funny crap

Mr. Anderson
Jun 6, 2002, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Dignan
I saw Godzilla 2000 the first showing the first day it came out.

It was Horrible...and I LOVED it.

I always wanted to be the guy in the Godzilla suit, go stomp through a model of downtown Tokyo....

I was a nod to the classic B movies of the genre, I grew up watching those on saturday afternoon, great stuff

ThinkpadsRule
Jun 6, 2002, 01:27 PM
In recent times John Travolta has made some pretty descent movies. Especially since his come back, but Domestic Disturbance was bad. I really didn't like that movie. There weren't really any twists or subplots just a boring movie.

Mr. Anderson
Jun 6, 2002, 01:32 PM
Ha, Swordfish was ridiculous, I had to turn it off after the first 30 min, what a waste. It seems with the success of movies like PulpFiction, someone decided that gore was good. It was senseless and stupid. I hope its a trend that will die as grizzley a death as they like to show....

Dignan
Jun 6, 2002, 01:38 PM
Domestic disturbance was bad? It was made here....

But, I once saw this little short flick called "Umbrellas", was terrible and amateurish, with bad acting and horrible writing. I could barely sit through it. Bleh.

Durandal7
Possibly the most bizzare and crappy film I've ever seen is Invasion Earth: The Aliens are Here (http://us.imdb.com/Title?0093272) . I saw it one day on daytime TV, apparently it was a sci-fi/comedy but it doesn't really fit either category.

ThinkpadsRule
I forgot about that one. It was bad wasn't it. The only upside was seeing Halle Berry showing her....you know what.

eyelikeart
Jun 6, 2002, 01:47 PM
who here is excited to see Tom Cruise's new one, "Minority Report?"

personally...I'm looking forward to a good movie from him...his past few movies, in my opinion, have been pretty bad... :(

jelloshotsrule
Jun 6, 2002, 01:52 PM
who here is excited to see Tom Cruise's new one, "Minority Report?"

personally...I'm looking forward to a good movie from him...his past few movies, in my opinion, have been pretty bad... :(

i think it looks good.

but i don't like spielberg much..... just too big...

speaking of actors.

brad pitt and ed norton are awesome. norton needs to do more movies. not "the score" either.... ha

Mr. Anderson
Jun 6, 2002, 01:55 PM
I'm really looking forward to Minority Report, Men in Black and one or two others this summer. It seems like it will be a great year for movies.

eyelikeart
Jun 6, 2002, 02:02 PM
Pitt....Norton....Fight Club!! :D

sorry...I know this is supposed to be a bad movies thread...but damn what a movie that was! brilliantly done as far as I'm concerned...

the summer does look mighty good...I'm counting down the days till Austin Powers III...he he he :D

Mr. Anderson
Jun 6, 2002, 02:13 PM

the summer does look mighty good...I'm counting down the days till Austin Powers III...he he he :D

Now that will be a fun one, forgot about that. Bourne Identity looks good too.

But getting back on thread, one of the all time 'best of the worst' has to be Ed Wood's 'Plan 9 from Outerspace' Painful to watch, but such a B movie classic.

eyelikeart
Jun 6, 2002, 02:25 PM
Attack of the Killer Tomatoes :eek:

Mr. Anderson
Jun 6, 2002, 02:30 PM
But that's more of a cult movie. I had originally been thinking along the lines of movies that had huge budgets but bombed.

Oh, just remembered another, A.I.

OMG, that was probably the worst ending in a movie ever....

eyelikeart
Jun 6, 2002, 02:32 PM
I had originally been thinking along the lines of movies that had huge budgets but bombed.

ok....I hadn't seen "Glitter" but I heard it's pretty terrible... :eek: :D

Mr. Anderson
Jun 6, 2002, 02:34 PM

ok....I hadn't seen "Glitter" but I heard it's pretty terrible... :eek: :D

Ok, now for discussions sake, I draw the line on hearsay. Please.

I haven't seen the movie so I can't help you there, though.

mischief
Jun 6, 2002, 02:34 PM
Largest budget of any Chick-Flick ever made.

my only response to that film was :" Sink you little **** sink!!!"

eyelikeart
Jun 6, 2002, 02:38 PM

Ok, now for discussions sake, I draw the line on hearsay. Please.

well...it was a box office bomb...does that consitute?

jelloshotsrule
Jun 6, 2002, 02:39 PM
Largest budget of any Chick-Flick ever made.

my only response to that film was :" Sink you little **** sink!!!"

proud to say that i've never seen it. and don't plan to.

i'd have responded the same i'm sure though.

Mr. Anderson
Jun 6, 2002, 02:39 PM
It might have had a large budget, but it also did very well, unfortuately. Pretty crazy for one of the longest movies, that's for sure.

Another pretty bad movie had to have been the Jet Li movie, 'Kiss of the Dragon' . Maybe I had had high hopes, sort of thinking it would be a good remake of La Femme Nakita, nope, mindless Kung-Fu. Tried to do Matrix-like things but didn't pull it off. Another one of those is Mission Impossible 2, that was total crap. At least the 1st one wasn't all bad.

jelloshotsrule
Jun 6, 2002, 02:41 PM
speaking of jet li.....

his latest one was terrible. "the one" i think it was. there's a scene where he picks up 2 motorcycles by their front tires and swings them around.....

the special effects looked bad.

and yeah, mi2 was bad.

eyelikeart
Jun 6, 2002, 02:42 PM
I kept thinking..."b*tch...u better let me on that wood to float along with u!" :mad:

he he he....I can't help it... :D ;) :cool:

eyelikeart
Jun 6, 2002, 02:46 PM
MI2....ugh....that was so about Tom's hair it wasn't funny...

a little more action....dialogue....a little less hair...and it wouldn't have so bad...

Mr. Anderson
Jun 6, 2002, 02:51 PM
speaking of jet li.....

his latest one was terrible. "the one" i think it was. there's a scene where he picks up 2 motorcycles by their front tires and swings them around.....

the special effects looked bad.

They were a little cheezy and obvious. There was another kung fu movie that came out that I wanted to see but never got around to viewing, can't remember its name now, but it came out over the last 8 months or so, damn. Checked imdb.com, but nothing...maybe I'll remember later. It was supposed to have absolutely ridiculous special effects. I'd love to see it just for that, ha.

jelloshotsrule
Jun 6, 2002, 02:53 PM
They were a little cheezy and obvious. There was another kung fu movie that came out that I wanted to see but never got around to viewing, can't remember its name now, but it came out over the last 8 months or so, damn. Checked imdb.com, but nothing...maybe I'll remember later. It was supposed to have absolutely ridiculous special effects. I'd love to see it just for that, ha.

it was called "crouching tiger, hidden dragon"

haha. no, really, let me know if you remember. i don't remember hearing about such a film.

the brotherhood of the wolf was a damn good movie though.... visually at least.

or as row-dog would call it... "le pacte des loups"

Mr. Anderson
Jun 6, 2002, 02:57 PM
Now I remember hearing about the Brotherhood of the Wolf. Is that out on DVD yet? I'd love to pick that up....

a, it might have been done by one of the people from Tiger, I'll go check that link...

jelloshotsrule
Jun 6, 2002, 02:59 PM
Now I remember hearing about the Brotherhood of the Wolf. Is that out on DVD yet? I'd love to pick that up....

a, it might have been done by one of the people from Tiger, I'll go check that link...

nope, not out yet.... i have amazon email alert so that when it comes out for presale i'll get notified.

i went and saw it with my girlfriend.... then again by myself one day when i got out of class early. that's how awesome i thought it was visually. the story's weird. but hey, it's french. ask hglm about how weird those french are.

the opening sequence is stunning... and there's one particular portion in the middle that is visually amazing as well... at least to me.

Dignan
Jun 6, 2002, 03:16 PM
Anyone see christopher lamberts version of beowolf? Yeah. Beat that.

mischief
Jun 6, 2002, 04:09 PM
The Sickening.

Followed by Highlander 3: The Apology.

jelloshotsrule
Jun 6, 2002, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Dignan
Anyone see christopher lamberts version of beowolf? Yeah. Beat that.

nope, but i made my own version of beowulf in high school... it was the talk of the school! kinda.

topicolo
Jun 6, 2002, 05:26 PM
From the deployment out of the Clone gunship it was flawed. When deploying from gunships you first provide suppressive fire from above, then move in and deploy without actually touching down. Light Sabers wouldn't be lit off until feet hit dirt. Broadsiding into a battle with an open-sided troop carrier without a DMZ laid first would be suicide.

From that deployment you move up in trios or pairs, Mace Windu actually had the best charge in the early scene (the Fanboys cast as non-human Jedi had NO CLUE how to handle their light sabers).

The interactions of Mass-combat machinery were pathetic. A rapid-deployment force of Droids would be far more effective than demonstrated, as would the Clone Army. All in all the Battle would have beed rapid and spectacular, which it wasn't. Lucas doesn't seem to have ANY experience with mass-combat or real weapons of any kind.

The guys that choreographed the action sequences in Starship Troopers were just as bad. The initial assault on Klendathu was pathetic--the infantry had NO support whatsoever from any armored vehicles, artillery, or airstrikes. On top of that it seemed that the entire strategy seemed to revolve around running up to the bugs in a big mob, get massacred as a mob, and then run away as a mob. I mean, the infantry was even stupid enough to surround that plasma bug and start firing at it! Anybody with half a brain would realize that the the mobile infantry would have a greater chance of killing each other with friendly fire than they would in killing that bug. ugh.

Mr. Anderson
Jun 6, 2002, 05:38 PM
I totally for got about Highlander Duh! That is definitely in the top five of all time. They even went so far as to make the whole first movie irrelevant, no story continuation - the fact that they were aliens, sheesh, pathetic.

Stormship Troopers was a turd too, I never did understand the whole infantry thing, moronic. On that vein though was Battlefield Earth - another stellar performance by Travolta....

Might have to change the name of the thread to bad and pathetic sci-fi movies....

mischief
Jun 6, 2002, 05:51 PM
Not even 5Lb of Silicone could save that stinker.

Durandal7
Jun 6, 2002, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by topicolo

The guys that choreographed the action sequences in Starship Troopers were just as bad. The initial assault on Klendathu was pathetic--the infantry had NO support whatsoever from any armored vehicles, artillery, or airstrikes.

That was sad, instead of launching some missiles at the aliens with no ranged attack lets land troops and have them run up to them with a dinky rifle. Not well thought out at all.

Mr. Anderson
Jun 7, 2002, 02:40 PM

There was another kung fu movie that came out that I wanted to see but never got around to viewing, can't remember its name now, but it came out over the last 8 months or so, damn. It was supposed to have absolutely ridiculous special effects. I'd love to see it just for that, ha.

found it Zu Warriors

http://us.imdb.com/Title?0286098

anyone ever see this, lasted in the theaters about a week I think...

eyelikeart
Jun 7, 2002, 03:22 PM
Not even 5Lb of Silicone could save that stinker.

damn...I didn't even see that hunk of cr@p... :rolleyes:

britboy
Jun 7, 2002, 03:27 PM

damn...I didn't even see that hunk of cr@p... :rolleyes:

You missed nothing. She can't act, looks awful, and didn't have good lines.

Storyline? What storyline?

Mr. Anderson
Jun 7, 2002, 03:32 PM
I think I saw parts of it on cable, watched it go on for a bit and changed the channel. Don't like the fake boobs myself.

Speaking of which, Tomb Raider was not exactly stellar either....

britboy
Jun 7, 2002, 03:39 PM

Speaking of which, Tomb Raider was not exactly stellar either....

Talk about an advert for freemasonry symbolism.... That film was just an excuse to show off an overly-well-endowed woman pouting.

Backtothemac
Jun 7, 2002, 04:02 PM
How about anything with Jean Claude in it. Man those were some horrible friggin movies. How about the third Superman? That was pretty bad also.

eyelikeart
Jun 7, 2002, 04:52 PM

Talk about an advert for freemasonry symbolism.... That film was just an excuse to show off an overly-well-endowed woman pouting.

so what's wrong with that?

afterall, it is Angelina Jolie...:D

Mr. Anderson
Jun 7, 2002, 05:00 PM

so what's wrong with that?

afterall, it is Angelina Jolie...:D

She's one scary woman, period. And I'm not into saline enhancements, they feel wierd.

I think the whole Superman series is just corny as all hell, very badly done.

eyelikeart
Jun 7, 2002, 05:02 PM
I thought it was ok...

but I want to know what u guys thought of "Memento?"

Mr. Anderson
Jun 7, 2002, 05:04 PM
I liked Memento, great mind trip that. Original screen play too.

mischief
Jun 7, 2002, 05:26 PM
"The Legend of the Overfiend"

The most graphically violent Anime EVER.

It proves that the Japanes subconcious has some SERIOUS problems.

With all the episodes it's like 6 hours of hippo-size or larger Demons raping women in a variety of creative ways, there's even a Godzilla size demon that blasts huge swaths through Tokyo with Energy beams from it's 5 Tenticle-phaluses.

Ick.

Yuckiest line in the whole film: " Take this and exchange it for your own."

Mr. Anderson
Jun 7, 2002, 06:29 PM
"The Legend of the Overfiend"

The most graphically violent Anime EVER.

a Godzilla size demon that blasts huge swaths through Tokyo with Energy beams from it's 5 Tenticle-phaluses.

Now I'm wondering why you watched in the first place.....

topicolo
Jun 7, 2002, 07:38 PM

Now I'm wondering why you watched in the first place.....

Heheh. It looks like you got him with that one :-). I'm betting that mischief is blushing as he reads this :D

afonso
Jun 7, 2002, 07:53 PM
memento is brilliant! amazing storyline!

worst movie? you're probably all forgetting the major piece of crap that madonna's latest was, can't even recall the name... u know the one where she gets pregnant from her gay best friend?

geez... tell me about bad storyline...

i loved the royal tenenbaums and i LOVED monsoon wedding... great great movies!

britboy
Jun 7, 2002, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by afonso
worst movie? you're probably all forgetting the major piece of crap that madonna's latest was, can't even recall the name... u know the one where she gets pregnant from her gay best friend?

That would the the next best thing (http://us.imdb.com/Title?0156841).

It wasn't a bad movie, but has anyone seen 51st State, with Samuel L. Jackson? That film had me in stitches :D :D

Rower_CPU
Jun 7, 2002, 08:36 PM
Has "The Avengers" come up yet?

I expected a lot more from Fiennes, Thurman and Connery.:rolleyes:

Mr. Anderson
Jun 7, 2002, 08:43 PM

It wasn't a bad movie, but has anyone seen 51st State, with Samuel L. Jackson? That film had me in stitches :D :D

No, what's it about? Samuel Jackson is awesome, I'm sure krosfyter would think so too.

IndyGopher
Jun 8, 2002, 03:24 AM
I know there are a lot out there that don't live up to their hype, or even lack of it, but I just saw Planet of the Apes last night. [...] But the acting was pathetic, Richard Burton usually comes up with a better movie, at least a little odder than most. This wasn't it. More like a sell out to Hollywood.

That's tragic, really, getting Richard Burton and Tim Burton crossed. Funny, but still tragic.
For disappointment, the most disappointing for me recently was Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me... or as I call it, "Austin Powers, Too" No plot.. the same jokes redone, and not even the clever fish-out-of-water humor of the first one. I thought Mini-Me was dumb, and Fat Bastard was just repulsive. To me, it just degenerated from the tongue-in-cheek humor of the first one to slapstick and gross-out jokes in the second.

britboy
Jun 8, 2002, 06:08 AM

No, what's it about? Samuel Jackson is awesome, I'm sure krosfyter would think so too.

Nothing in particular. Struck me as being kind of like a toned-down Pulp Fiction with a sense of humour. Just wondered if anyone else had seen it.