PDA

View Full Version : Rammstein

applemacdude
Feb 16, 2004, 10:15 AM
Anyone here like Rammstein?
What is your favorite song/video/album?

vollspacken
Feb 18, 2004, 06:01 AM
I think Rammstein sucks and I'm from Germany...

might be because I generally don't listen to rock-music... ;)

when I studied in the US, everybody always asked me about them, got kind off annoying, but it can be a start to get into the German language (actually we don't rrrrrrrroll our "R" like the singerrrrrrr does... :) )

vSpacken

TheT
Feb 18, 2004, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by vollspacken
I think Rammstein sucks and I'm from Germany...

might be because I generally don't listen to rock-music... ;)

when I studied in the US, everybody always asked me about them, got kind off annoying, but it can be a start to get into the German language (actually we don't rrrrrrrroll our "R" like the singerrrrrrr does... :) )

vSpacken
I second that. Though I actually listen to rock music, I don't like Rammstein... when I spent my exchange year in the US, many people asked me about them, too... really ashaming that they are so popular in America, I hope most people don't identify Germany with them... :rolleyes:

King Cobra
Feb 18, 2004, 07:04 AM
Huh? Since WHEN was Rammstein rock music?

Rammstein is ********** german metal, guys. And a http://forums.macrumors.com/images/icons/icon14.gif for their music.

TheT
Feb 18, 2004, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by King Cobra

Rammstein is ********** german metal, guys. And a http://forums.macrumors.com/images/icons/icon14.gif for their music.
I didn't say it is actually rock-music ;) But well, if you consider rock = anything with guitars, it definetly is :rolleyes:
I just think they're not that great... and metal is something different for me... Blind Guardian, Nightwish... that is metal >:0)

King Cobra
Feb 18, 2004, 03:12 PM
(TheT) -->But well, if you consider rock = anything with guitars, it definetly is :rolleyes:

-->I just think they're not that great... and metal is something different for me...

"Rock" and "Metal" "lost" their original definitions over the past 10 years. So what one considers "Rock" today might not have been "Rock" in 1994. The same is true.

Anyways, let me respond a little more directly to the original question, since it suggested that whoever responds to the question "likes" Rammstein.

I uploaded my father's copy of the Sehnsucht album to my computer last year and have found nearly all of the tracks (except Engel) a straightforward, catchy, mid-toned and worthy listen. The lead singer's voice is strong and deviates strongly from many of today's young-voiced newcomers. That's one thing that I find refreshing (you can tell that I'm not surrounded by Rammstein fans...) about metal: A strong voice without attempts by singers with young voices to "replace" the strong voice with arbitrary language or extensive "screaming." I did hear one of Rammstein's songs -- not on the Sehnsucht album -- on the DirecTV metal channnel, and it kept those same characteristics of the type of music on Sehnsucht.

I can't recall seeing any of their videos vividly, though.

applemacdude
Jun 24, 2004, 11:57 PM
I can't recall seeing any of their videos vividly, though.

The Du hast and Ich Will are masterpieces...

dogbyte_13
Jun 25, 2004, 08:05 AM
Actually Rammstein is industrial, not metal Also they are one of the great industrial bands that can be compared to Kraftwerk, Einstuerzende Neubauten and KMFDM. I am of German descent and i am proud that Dueschtland can produce great music like this. :D

brap
Jun 25, 2004, 08:14 AM
The Du hast and Ich Will are masterpieces...
Du hast: band walk in, do some Gangsta-style stuff, something explodes. Whoopedee doo? Now this (ftp://www.ohgr.org/cracker/) is a masterpiece.
Actually Rammstein is industrial, not metal Also they are one of the great industrial bands that can be compared to Kraftwerk, Einstuerzende Neubauten and KMFDM. I am of German descent and i am proud that Dueschtland can produce great music like this. :D
HA!

Seriosuly, I've not laughed this hard in days.

Rammstein is 'Pop' by definition. Popular. It's also sanitised for the radio and very, very widely distributed. Industrial my ass, it's very much... wannabe-'metal'.
Comparing Rammstein to Kraftwerk, Neubauten and KMFDM is a travesty... well, maybe not KMFDM, Sascha is big fat sellout bitch**. But don't put people off listening to some truly inspirational bands by comparing them to second rate guitar crap - and not coming to the right "yes, they really do suck!" conclusion. Just because they feature in the DAC doesn't make them any more alternative than Britney freaking Spears.

(** Having said that, I have tickets to see aforementioned bitch in London in a couple of weeks)

DarkSilver2
Jun 25, 2004, 09:46 AM
Keep in mind that people's tastes / definitions are different, so this arguement of good or not is really kind of pointless. Really, it is more about whether YOU like them or not.

Personally, being an ignorant American, I have only heard Du Hast. I thought the music sounded good (the interplay of techno and heavier guitar was interesting), and it was complimented by the singer's voice. Unfortunately, I have almost no idea what he was saying. :D I have been told by an Austrian that "Du Hast" means "You Have," although most other Americans I have spoken with are convinced it means "You Hate".

The video, although confusing on the first watch, I think was very well done. That said, I don't know what it had to do with the song. :confused:

dogbyte_13
Jun 25, 2004, 10:14 AM
Rammstein is 'Pop' by definition. Popular. It's also sanitised for the radio and very, very widely distributed. Industrial my ass, it's very much... wannabe-'metal'.

I dont know how it is in Europe but Rammstein isnt played on Commercial stations here in America, they are usally played on smaller College stations. So you are saying if Skinny Puppy or Psychic Tv was played on the radio then they would be considered pop? :confused: hmm lemme think about that.....NO FRICKIN WAY!!!!!!!!! Ok and would Front Line Assembly be considered metal since they used heavy metal Guitar riffs on the Prophecy album???

iGav
Jun 25, 2004, 10:33 AM
So you are saying if Skinny Puppy or Psychic Tv was played on the radio then they would be considered pop? :confused: hmm lemme think about that.....NO FRICKIN WAY!!!!!!!!!

If the genre became more popular and began to dominate Top 40 Radio, then yes it would be 'Pop' music. And if people like Britney & Co started selling records in the 100's then they wouldn't be 'Pop', unless one considers selling 100 records as 'Popular', but then that is subjective. ;)

Brap is spot on, ;) 'Pop' isn't a sound, even though the term has been somewhat cannabalised for the mainstream masses. :)

As for 'Du Hast', the first time I heard it, I think I laughed longer than it took them to write it. heheheh :p

brap
Jun 25, 2004, 10:35 AM
I dont know how it is in Europe but Rammstein isnt played on Commercial stations here in America, they are usally played on smaller College stations.
Rammstein, here, is very much what the schoolkids listen to to scare their parents. Have you ever seen MTV2? It's a huge market - the kids with their £2 coins go into Woolies and buy either the latest Britney, or the latest Linkin Park (or however you write it). Rammstein, with their image over here are perfect for the majors to promote as "flipside", and tap into the vein of pubescent misunderstood gits. Didn't they play a spot on some MTV huge award ceremony fairly recently?
So you are saying if Skinny Puppy or Psychic Tv was played on the radio then they would be considered pop? :confused:
If they were as accepted, as touted, as exploited, as financially supported, sure. Personally, I don't think Genesis or Ogre would let it get quite so out of control... Rammstein took a major label hand job (Universal, isn't it?), so to speak.
Ok and would Front Line Assembly be considered metal since they used heavy metal Guitar riffs on the Prophecy album???
So I'm a nazi - FLA is cheese. I've totally fell out with Leeb after the last Delerium. Sorry, FLA. Wait, what's the difference :D

yuc7zhd2
Jun 25, 2004, 11:52 PM
I never really considered Kraftwerk industrial (by the way I also think they're overrated). Anyways, do Rammstein have a popular song or album or video out or something to spark this or just a topic of general conversation? Du Hast (sp?) was so 1996.

applemacdude
Jun 25, 2004, 11:58 PM
I never really considered Kraftwerk industrial (by the way I also think they're overrated). Anyways, do Rammstein have a popular song or album or video out or something to spark this or just a topic of general conversation? Du Hast (sp?) was so 1996.

Err, mein teil is coming out at the end of july and the album is coming out in the fall

WinterMute
Jun 27, 2004, 05:46 AM
Rammstien are the German Darkness as far as I'm concerned, anyone who saw them getting spanked by the giant Snow White in the Sonne video knows that, I think they're worth the price of admission for the sense of humour alone. :D

They are the only band who sing in another language that make sense to me... (uh oh, spot the xenophobe...)

themadchemist
Jul 2, 2004, 01:36 PM
I liked Rammstein...Until I got a translation of the lyrics...DIS-TURB-ING.

applemacdude
Sep 15, 2004, 10:28 PM
I liked Rammstein...Until I got a translation of the lyrics...DIS-TURB-ING.

Music is the international language. Lyrics dont just define a song...

spazy
Apr 12, 2007, 03:04 PM
Rammstein?hmm...my favorites!They may not be the best..they may not be as good as Nightwish or Metallica or Accept but damn,they rock!:D

Jasonbot
Apr 12, 2007, 03:18 PM
Yeah I enjoy Rammstein, maybe the fact that I Often don't understand the lyrics is why I enjoy the music??

yellow
Apr 12, 2007, 03:20 PM
Wow.. talk about Thread Revival. 3+ years.

Jasonbot
Apr 12, 2007, 03:46 PM
Lol, I never even noticed the dates, just saw it pop up in forum spy and wham!

spazy
Apr 13, 2007, 04:23 AM
Neah,I understand all their lyrics and I still think they are very good...Because it doesn't matter what's the song about,if it is very good!:apple:

D3LM3L
Apr 14, 2007, 05:41 PM
They're one of my favorite bands of all time. In fact, they are the ones that got me into rock music in the first place. Before Rammstein, I listened to the top 40 on the radio and thought rock was for weirdos.

matthew24
Apr 14, 2007, 05:53 PM
As a Christian I despise the band: pure demonic.:(

quagmire
Apr 14, 2007, 06:04 PM
Another reason why religion is bad. It prevents you from listening to the best band ever just because your religion thinks the songs are from satan. ;)

Seriously, I love Rammstein. My favorite songs:

Mein Herz Brennt (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2gzibUvDzw)

Mein Teil (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_F9bQPt4yU)

Amerika (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4w9EksAo5hY) ( PS: It isn't a pro American song and is VERY true if you get the meaning)

Sonne (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_JaPdqd5Aw)

spazy
Apr 16, 2007, 12:14 PM
Another reason why religion is bad. It prevents you from listening to the best band ever just because your religion thinks the songs are from satan. ;)

Seriously, I love Rammstein. My favorite songs:

Mein Herz Brennt (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2gzibUvDzw)

Mein Teil (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_F9bQPt4yU)

Amerika (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4w9EksAo5hY) ( PS: It isn't a pro American song and is VERY true if you get the meaning)

Sonne (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_JaPdqd5Aw)
It wasn't about Rammstein...Religion is against black metal...like those bands who really talk about satan and his work...Rammstein lyrics are weird,but not about satan...:p

Butters
Apr 16, 2007, 12:38 PM
It wasn't about Rammstein...Religion is against black metal...like those bands who really talk about satan and his work...Rammstein lyrics are weird,but not about satan...:p

I listen to a lot of black metal and rammstein who by the way are an amazing band

the point you've made about black metal is quite right. Black Metal is (usually not always) against religion, and vise versa because the bands don't believe in religion and rules that tell people how to live their lives

Rammstein on the other hand sing about disturbing things like rape, hate, child abuse and other things...

why? I don't know, fun maybe? :p

kiang
Apr 17, 2007, 04:20 AM

nonsence, just because it's metal, doesn't mean it's about the devil and demons... sorry to say, but your point is ignorant :mad:
if you would understand half of waht they were singing, you wouldn't say that.
and furthermore: I'm a bit sick of all these people associating metal with satanism, and Rammstein with nazi's, just because they are German! (not saying that's happening here, but alot of people do it)

and BTW: "as a Christian" you can despise 75%of all songs, because it has something about sex, drugs, homosexuality etc in it...

mad jew
Apr 17, 2007, 04:35 AM
I'm not normally into this sort of music, but I love Rammstein for some reason. Stripped is awesome to run to, especially as my track goes along a dodgy part of the riverbank. Pure incentive not to stop. :cool:

matthew24
Apr 17, 2007, 05:26 AM
nonsence, just because it's metal, doesn't mean it's about the devil and demons... sorry to say, but your point is ignorant :mad:
if you would understand half of waht they were singing, you wouldn't say that.
and furthermore: I'm a bit sick of all these people associating metal with satanism, and Rammstein with nazi's, just because they are German! (not saying that's happening here, but alot of people do it)

and BTW: "as a Christian" you can despise 75%of all songs, because it has something about sex, drugs, homosexuality etc in it...

"as a Christian" you can despise 75%of all songs, because it has something about sex, drugs, homosexuality etc in it... > Indeed I do, more like >98%!

I have seen Rammstein on Video, the satanic influence is more then obvious.

I believe in God but that also means I believe in Satan, and he tries to pervert people's thinking, music is a mighty tool to use. I am not ignorant of the devil's schemes.

bartelby
Apr 17, 2007, 05:37 AM
I didn't really like Rammstein at the beginning. But they've really grown on me.
I do love the fact that they are quite tongue-in-cheek and most people miss that fact.
They have a brutal sound with some quite sensitive lyrics. Because they sing in German a lot of people think the lyrics must also be brutal.

chaosbunny
Apr 17, 2007, 05:44 AM

As a thinking person I despise christian: pure bulls**t

But yeah, if you believe that not listening to a certain kind of music will grant you a place in heaven, more power to you.

Btw, you know that about 100000xx people where killed in the name of the christian religion. But who was killed in the name of rock music?:rolleyes:

bartelby
Apr 17, 2007, 05:48 AM

Shows just how much you know about them!:rolleyes:

chaosbunny
Apr 17, 2007, 05:53 AM
"as a Christian" you can despise 75%of all songs, because it has something about sex, drugs, homosexuality etc in it... > Indeed I do, more like >98%!

I believe in God but that also means I believe in Satan, and he tries to pervert people's thinking, music is a mighty tool to use. I am not ignorant of the devil's schemes.

And what is this "perversion of people's thinking"? And how is it different from the perversion in the thinking of all those priests who raped little boys? They certainly didn't do that because they listened to "bad" music.

Markleshark
Apr 17, 2007, 05:53 AM
Shows just how much you know about them!:rolleyes:

So true, stereo-types.

As a thinking person I despise christian: pure bulls**t

LOL. Made me laugh.

However, Rammstein are very good. Fracking awesome live.

bartelby
Apr 17, 2007, 05:55 AM
And what is this "perversion of people's thinking"? And how is it different from the perversion in the thinking of all those priests who raped little boys? They certainly didn't do that because they listened to "bad" music.

Something Christians never consider. The thought that some of their revered priests are paedophiles seems to pass them by.

Jasonbot
Apr 17, 2007, 06:38 AM
Something Christians never consider. The thought that some of their revered priests are paedophiles seems to pass them by.

Omg! And some sports players play dirty, some Muslims blow themselves up and even some teachers don't teach properly. Stereotypes are t3h suck! I'm Christian, I listen to heavy metal... And so far I still think that Ill go to heaven.

bartelby
Apr 17, 2007, 08:34 AM
Omg! And some sports players play dirty, some Muslims blow themselves up and even some teachers don't teach properly. Stereotypes are t3h suck! I'm Christian, I listen to heavy metal... And so far I still think that Ill go to heaven.

Let's see:
Cheating at sports isn't like kiddie fiddling
Suicide Bombers don't cover up their actions nor do their "commanders"
Bad teachers aren't like kiddie fiddlers.

You give very, very poor comparisons!

Jasonbot
Apr 17, 2007, 09:46 AM
Let's see:
Cheating at sports isn't like kiddie fiddling
Suicide Bombers don't cover up their actions nor do their "commanders"
Bad teachers aren't like kiddie fiddlers.

You give very, very poor comparisons!

Well I was just trying to accentuate the fact that stereotypes arent good and you cannot critisise an entire group of people because the actions of an individual are out of line. I know, it happens. But it shouldn't.

kiang
Apr 17, 2007, 09:46 AM

So tell me: what evil is Rammstein doing by making (in your eyes pervert) music?Or what are people that listen to it doing wrong? have they ever killed someone because that person doesn't like what they do? Have they ever oppressed an entire group of people? Have they ever forced an entire continent to have unprotected intercourse, so now 2/3 of the population has AIDS??
I don't think so, actually, that sounds more like Christianity itself!
But honestly: what the heck is wrong about metal?or any kind of music? Music doesn't make people kill or hate each other (that is unless you count some racist bands as music, and rammstein, or any other commercial band, is not like that).

steviem
Apr 17, 2007, 10:07 AM
I just wish that Beatsteaks or Der Fantastichen Vier had more of a profile in the UK/US. Much better than Rammstein in my opinion. Although, one thing with Der Fantastichen Vier... are they actually serious? When I saw them on MTV, they seem to be a sort of Goldie Lookin Chain style band, ie. we're actually a joke.:confused:

Markleshark
Apr 17, 2007, 10:39 AM
Well I was just trying to accentuate the fact that stereotypes arent good and you cannot critisise an entire group of people because the actions of an individual are out of line. I know, it happens. But it shouldn't.

One person? ONE? You need to do a little research my friend.

bartelby
Apr 17, 2007, 11:38 AM

Include Rammstein as a subject too while you're at it!

Jasonbot
Apr 17, 2007, 12:07 PM

Wow, you guys are angry... Ill just leave it at that and say that you, the Gods of macrumors are right and I was wrong:( But please, for the love of god, stop criticizingmy religion!

bartelby
Apr 17, 2007, 12:09 PM
Wow, you guys are angry... Ill just leave it at that and say that you, the Gods of macrumors are right and I was wrong:( But please, for the love of god, stop criticizing my religion!

Please, stop criticising us.

And surely it should be "gods of Macrumors" & "for the love of God"?

Markleshark
Apr 17, 2007, 12:10 PM
But please, for the love of god, stop criticizingmy religion!

I shouldn't laugh, but that is the best statement ever. Shouldn't you not say Gods name in vain and all that?... You'll argue the toss about something you think you know about, but when it comes down to it, you don't have much of a clue.

While were on it, isnt life all about criticizing others religions? Its not as easy as asking us not to. Imagine how peaceful the middle east would be if they didn't criticize each others religions. Thats the problem with religion and religious people, you all think you right and the other person is wrong. When really, your all wrong.

quagmire
Apr 17, 2007, 04:58 PM

If I was going to go full into this post the mods would have to move it to the Politics, Religon, etc forum and that forum I tend to stay away from how hectic is could get. All I will say is could it be possible that you're the ignorant person?

chaosbunny
Apr 18, 2007, 01:58 AM
I shouldn't laugh, but that is the best statement ever. Shouldn't you not say Gods name in vain and all that?... You'll argue the toss about something you think you know about, but when it comes down to it, you don't have much of a clue.

While were on it, isnt life all about criticizing others religions? Its not as easy as asking us not to. Imagine how peaceful the middle east would be if they didn't criticize each others religions. Thats the problem with religion and religious people, you all think you right and the other person is wrong. When really, your all wrong.

Good post! But I'd change the last sentence to "we are all wrong". In the end, we can discuss religion and believes for all eternity, we'll never know. I just think that all those hardcore religious people are making it too easy for themselves.

urista
Apr 18, 2007, 02:13 AM
hello, i enjoy rammstein and my favorite song would have to be zwitter.

bartelby
Apr 18, 2007, 02:14 AM

I'd not sput Rammstein in the Industrial genre, in the same way I wouldn't put NIN in there either.

I'm a paying Neubauten supporter and think their music is some of the best ever produced.

D
Seriosuly, I've not laughed this hard in days.

Comparing Rammstein to Kraftwerk, Neubauten and KMFDM is a travesty...

Not a travesty, just slightly incorrect.

I dont know how it is in Europe but Rammstein isnt played on Commercial stations here in America, they are usally played on smaller College stations. So you are saying if Skinny Puppy or Psychic Tv was played on the radio then they would be considered pop? :confused: hmm lemme think about that.....NO FRICKIN WAY!!!!!!!!! Ok and would Front Line Assembly be considered metal since they used heavy metal Guitar riffs on the Prophecy album???

Psychic TV are appalling and I'd be surprised to hear them played on ANY, non-web broadcast, radio station. Throbbing Gristle on the other hand were magnificent. Poor old Ms P. Orridge lost her mind long ago!

Are you Jerry Falwell?

What is the truth about rock music? Music is a powerful and perhaps
the most powerful medium in the world. Music. Plato says when the music
of a society changes, the whole society will change. Aristotle, a
contemporary of Plato's, says when music changes there should be laws
to govern the nature and the character of that music. Lenin says that
the best and the quickest way to undermine any society is through its
music...Music, ladies and gentleman, is the gift of God it was given to
man to offer praises to God and to lift us up to him and to exalt Him
to touch the tender recesses of our hearts and of our minds. Satan has
taken music and he has counterfeited it, convoluted it, twisted it,
exploited it and now he's using it to hammer, hammer, hammer, hammer,
hammer a message into the minds and the lifestyles of this generation.

Macaddicttt
Apr 18, 2007, 02:24 AM
I don't want to start a huge discussion and get this moved to the political forums, but I think you guys are being really unfair to Jasonbot (matthew24 on the other hand...). I see it happen all the time on these forums. Somebody has a religious view, and then a bunch of people gang up and bully him. You get five people giving examples about how Christianity is "evil" and for ignorant people and all sorts of other things, and you have one poor guy trying to defend his faith. You never see it the other way around. How would you guys like to be bullied about your beliefs?

MacRumors is not the place for these sorts of anti-religious gangs and "discussions." It's completely inappropriate. The response to matthew24's post was reasonable, but then it devolved into bashing Jasonbot for no apparent reason. I see nothing in his posts that smack of ignorance or self-righteousness like mathew24's did.

You criticized Christians by calling them pedophiles. Jasonbot tried to defend himself by saying not all Christians are pedophiles, but it was just a few. You attack his phrasing claiming that he's wrong because he said "individual," and you misinterpret that to mean that there was only one pedophiliac priest and imply that there are tons if not a majority of pedophiles within the priesthood. Then he tried to defend himself, but you'll have none of it, picking at the minute details of his argument. He finally gives up and asks for an end to the baseless criticism of his beliefs, but you still don't leave him alone and bash him for that.

This ridiculous bullying on MacRumors needs to stop. It's absolutely ridiculous. It's a shame that these bullies seem to have a majority on MacRumors.

If one priest molests a kid, all of a sudden all Christians are pedophiles and you can throw that into the face of any Christian as proof of the "evil" of Christianity. And I'm sure that some people who listen to heavy metal are pedophiles and do school shootings and do other awful things, but no way could I ever say anything bad about heavy metal. That's just being irrational. It's a shame it doesn't seem to work the same way about religion here at MacRumors.

bartelby
Apr 18, 2007, 02:29 AM
If one priest molests a kid, all of a sudden all Christians are pedophiles and you can throw that into the face of any Christian as proof of the "evil" of Christianity. And I'm sure that some people who listen to heavy metal are pedophiles and do school shootings and do other awful things, but no way could I ever say anything bad about heavy metal. That's just being irrational. It's a shame it doesn't seem to work the same way about religion here at MacRumors.

How many priest were involved in the massive paedophillia scandle in the US a couple of years back?
We never deny other people do bad "evil" things, in fact we we agree. But we don't not preach about love, peace and forgiveness whilst being part of religions that do the exact opposite!

EDIT: Also to call a band, that I doubt he knows much about, "Pure Demonic" is absolutely absurd!

synth3tik
Apr 18, 2007, 02:33 AM

They are not Metal.

You want metal try some Icelandic isolationist black metal, :D

Macaddicttt
Apr 18, 2007, 02:54 AM
How many priest were involved in the massive paedophillia scandle in the US a couple of years back?
We never deny other people do bad "evil" things, in fact we we agree. But we don't not preach about love, peace and forgiveness whilst being part of religions that do the exact opposite!

EDIT: Also to call a band, that I doubt he knows much about, "Pure Demonic" is absolutely absurd!

You need to learn that not all Christians are the same person. Jasonbot did not deserve the treatment he got for matthew24's words.

Christians are not "a part of religions that do the exact opposite." They preach love, peace, and forgiveness and try their best to do it. If a part of the religion gets it wrong, that does not invalidate the entire religion. Christians don't "revere" their priests. Christians revere God and Jesus and try and follow his teachings. You act as if all of Christianity is preaching love and peace and forgiveness, and then purposely doing the opposite, as if it were the "true" goal of Christianity. Christianity is open to all, and if some people who call themselves Christian do awful things, that's no reason to write off the entire Church.

bartelby
Apr 18, 2007, 03:07 AM
You need to learn that not all Christians are the same person. Jasonbot did not deserve the treatment he got for matthew24's words.

Christians are not "a part of religions that do the exact opposite." They preach love, peace, and forgiveness and try their best to do it. If a part of the religion gets it wrong, that does not invalidate the entire religion. Christians don't "revere" their priests. Christians revere God and Jesus and try and follow his teachings. You act as if all of Christianity is preaching love and peace and forgiveness, and then purposely doing the opposite, as if it were the "true" goal of Christianity. Christianity is open to all, and if some people who call themselves Christian do awful things, that's no reason to write off the entire Church.

Look, I'm not going to get into a theology discussion when this is the wrong place for it.

I don't believe most religions do any good at all.
Buddism is one religion that has any validity in my opinion as it is a purely personal one that should not, in any detrimentaly way, interfere with anyone else. It is a religion that attempts to force it's opinions on other people. The very fact that it is a nontheistic religion is a massive plus point!

Macaddicttt
Apr 18, 2007, 03:24 AM
Look, I'm not going to get into a theology discussion when this is the wrong place for it.

I don't believe most religions do any good at all.
Buddism is one religion that has any validity in my opinion as it is a purely personal one that should not, in any detrimentaly way, interfere with anyone else. It is a religion that attempts to force it's opinions on other people. The very fact that it is a nontheistic religion is a massive plus point!

I'm not in it for the theology either. You're right, this isn't the time or place. Good thing I didn't mention theology anywhere in my posts. I'm not trying to preach or justify Christianity here. I'm talking about mutual respect, proper etiquette on this forum, and downright bad arguments. All I want is for people to stop bullying others for their beliefs. I don't care if you don't think that any religion is good. I care that people on this forum feel the need to put down anyone who expresses a religious, especially Christian, opinion.

And as for bad arguments, let's apply your arguments to other things. How can anyone belong to the Republican party since 30 years ago, there was a massive conspiracy in the party and the president had to resign? Obviously all Republicans are evil. How can anyone be a Democrat when 30 years ago one led us in a hopeless war and was responsible for countless, needless deaths. Obviously no sane person could be a Democrat. And how can anyone stand being an American. They preach freedom and life, yet go into a war, killing and oppressing millions. Obviously the whole nation is evil and should be avoided.

You're allowed to not like the Christian religion. You're not allowed to attack it on these forums and bully others for following it, and you're not allowed to use fallacious arguments when you do it.

EDIT: And that post was a masterpiece of sidestepping the main issue. Way to bring up theology and Buddhism when they had nothing to do with what I'm criticizing you for. Way to not own up to your inappropriate comments earlier in the thread.

bartelby
Apr 18, 2007, 03:27 AM
EDIT: And that post was a masterpiece of sidestepping the main issue. Way to bring up theology and Buddhism when they had nothing to do with what I'm criticizing you for. Way to not own up to your inappropriate comments earlier in the thread.

What inappropirate comment?

Macaddicttt
Apr 18, 2007, 03:33 AM
What inappropirate comment?

Another good sidestep. I'd check 37 and 46. Maybe inappropriate isn't the best word, but they were definitely uncalled for and full of fallacious arguments.

37 was talking about pedophile priests, which had nothing to do with anything. And it made the terrible assumption that Christians "revere" their priests.

46: Where were you being criticized? And way to bring grammar into it.

And let's not forget the whole mixing up Jasonbot and matthew24.

bartelby
Apr 18, 2007, 03:37 AM
Another good sidestep. I'd check 37 and 46. Maybe inappropriate isn't the best word, but they were definitely uncalled for and full of fallacious arguments.

37 was talking about pedophile priests, which had nothing to do with anything. And it made the terrible assumption that Christians "revere" their priests.

46: Where were you being criticized?

And let's not forget the whole mixing up Jasonbot and matthew24.

What sidestep?
I asked you to point them out, how is that side stepping?:confused:

It was responding to a post that also had noting to do with anything.
Why the hell do you think priests are called Reverend?

Maybe I thought he was askking us not to criticise his religion in general, not just in this thread. I bet he as a Christian criticises non christians, so I asked him not to!

I dind't mix up anybody. I made sure that I wasn't.

robPOD
Apr 18, 2007, 03:45 AM
Ramstein and all other german metal sucks.

kiang
Apr 18, 2007, 03:47 AM
The only inappropriate thing I find in this whole topic, is that hile we are talking about music, some religious guy has to critisice it by saying it is 'evil' while music hasn't doen ANYTHING wrong. Christianity has just always been afraid for changes in society, becase they tought it would make them lose their power, so what they do with everything new, is trying to demonise it :mad:
And I'm sick of that! we are no longer living in the dark ages, and religion is no longer essential in society! It can be for individuals, but it's of no importance of all for a whole society, so they have no right or reason to keep on trying to ba n things!

chaosbunny
Apr 18, 2007, 05:17 AM
...If one priest molests a kid, all of a sudden all Christians are pedophiles and you can throw that into the face of any Christian as proof of the "evil" of Christianity. And I'm sure that some people who listen to heavy metal are pedophiles and do school shootings and do other awful things, but no way could I ever say anything bad about heavy metal. That's just being irrational. It's a shame it doesn't seem to work the same way about religion here at MacRumors.

As far as I know this discussion started with the statement "rock/metal music = pure evil", which is a generalisation as well. All I wanted to do with my previous posts was pointing out that this is just a stupid statement (in my opinion). And of course you can apply generalisations to almost anything.

I never meant to attack somebody, but since I like rock/metal music very much I could not leave this uncommented.

mad jew
Apr 18, 2007, 05:21 AM
Shh! Stop talking about Christians and pedophiles. I'm trying to listen to some hard German punk rock here.

bartelby
Apr 18, 2007, 08:31 AM
Shh! Stop talking about Christians and pedophiles. I'm trying to listen to some hard German punk rock here.

The voice of reason speaks!:) :)

Butters
Apr 18, 2007, 09:34 AM

Awesome song

"zwitter" = "hermaphrodite" :D

also rammstein are industrial metal.. but at the same time they have a very unique style of music so it could be argued to the death about what they "are"

spazy
Apr 19, 2007, 01:12 AM
I listen to a lot of black metal and rammstein who by the way are an amazing band

the point you've made about black metal is quite right. Black Metal is (usually not always) against religion, and vise versa because the bands don't believe in religion and rules that tell people how to live their lives

Rammstein on the other hand sing about disturbing things like rape, hate, child abuse and other things...

why? I don't know, fun maybe? :p
because Till always made poems about unfair things that most of us don't see...throw his lyrics,he's trying to open our eyes and see somethings that we never knew they were bad...

Jasonbot
Apr 19, 2007, 09:47 AM
I've been away from macrumors for two days and it's strange how this "debate" has escelated to an astronomic level. Thank you Macaddict for maybe bringing certain people down-to-earth and possibly destroying the situation totally.

Now lets talk about Rammstein...

Creeping-Death
Apr 19, 2007, 03:59 PM
because Till always made poems about unfair things that most of us don't see...throw his lyrics,he's trying to open our eyes and see somethings that we never knew they were bad...

Don't know about you, but I (as far as I remember) always knew that rape and child abuse were bad...

2pac
Apr 22, 2007, 03:27 PM
I`d say... the most famous german group ever

bartelby
Apr 22, 2007, 03:32 PM
I`d say... the most famous german group ever

More famous than The Scorpions?

1GANDALF
Apr 25, 2007, 08:19 PM

OK YOU ALL NEED TO GO BACK TO SCHOOL. :mad: FOR ONE THING RAMMSTIEN CLASSIFIES THEMSELVS AS DANZ(OR DANCE) METAL. WICH IS CONSIDERD ROCK. NOT ANY THING WITH GUITAR IS ROCK.TO SAY THIS, IS A DISGRACE:mad:
BECAUSE COUNTRY DOSE NOT DESERV TO BE CALLED ROCK NOR DOSE DISCO.
WHOEVER SAID THE THING ABOUT EVRYONE DYING BECAUSE OF CHISTIANITY. MY GOD...:eek: YOU MUST BE MENTALY ILL MY FRIEND.
PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE IN GODS NAME TO JUSTIFY THERE OWN ACTIONS.
GOD DOSE NOT WANT US TO FIGHT AT ALL. HE GAVE US FREE WILL AND WE MAKE ASSES OF OURSELFS WITH IT. AND YESS DIMEBAG DARREL (REST HIS SOUL) DIED BECAUSE OF ROCK. SO HAVE MANY OTHERS. AND NO OFENSE TO
THE SUPER CHRISTIAN GUY BUT RAMMSTEN HAS NO SATANIC INFLUENCE
AT ALL. MOST ALL OF THERE SONGS ARE ABOUT THINGS THAT HAV ACTULY HAPPENED AND TO THE DISBELEFE OF MOST RAMMSTEIN IS NOT ALL GAY.
ONLY 3 MEMBERS ARE GAY 1 IS BY AND TILL THE LEAD SINGER IS STREAGHT.

Creeping-Death
Apr 26, 2007, 07:47 AM
Wow...

Could you please :

A - Calm down!

B - Buy a new keyboard, yours seems to be broken.

C - Try to make sense.

D - Verify your sources. I don't know where you read that 3 of them are gay, but AFAIK none of them are, please tell.

Thank you

yg17
Apr 26, 2007, 08:17 AM
HE GAVE US FREE WILL AND WE MAKE ASSES OF OURSELFS WITH IT.

I don't know who "we" is, but you're certainly doing that....

mad jew
Apr 26, 2007, 05:35 PM
Well...

snakesqzns
Apr 26, 2007, 05:41 PM
Now is the time on Sprockets where we RIP YOUR HEAD OFF!:mad: :mad: :mad: AHHHH! I'M GERMAN AND I'M FULL OF ANGST. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: AHHH! GREASE UP MY PECTORALS. AHHHHHHHHHH! IST HAST MICH.:(

vniow
Apr 26, 2007, 06:09 PM
Well...

I disagree.

http://cache.bordom.net/images/cb38cb5004473ea6ba5e8f8c2f602940.jpg

killr_b
Apr 26, 2007, 06:30 PM
Te quiero puta!

:D

spazy
Apr 29, 2007, 11:12 AM
Don't know about you, but I (as far as I remember) always knew that rape and child abuse were bad...
:) I know and i always did!And if what i said about Till was wrong,then I have another theory: Till is crazy!Why can't he write about a love story(with a good ending),or about the love that a parent has for his daughter(opposite of "tier")!But instead,he writes about dark,abusing things.Maybe because this is what he thinks that Rammstein should mean:darkness and creepiness!:confused:

Markleshark
Apr 29, 2007, 11:43 AM
OK YOU ALL NEED TO GO BACK TO SCHOOL. :mad: FOR ONE THING RAMMSTIEN CLASSIFIES THEMSELVS AS DANZ(OR DANCE) METAL. WICH IS CONSIDERD ROCK. NOT ANY THING WITH GUITAR IS ROCK.TO SAY THIS, IS A DISGRACE:mad:
WHOEVER SAID THE THING ABOUT EVRYONE DYING BECAUSE OF CHISTIANITY. MY GOD...:eek: YOU MUST BE MENTALY ILL MY FRIEND.
GOD DOSE NOT WANT US TO FIGHT AT ALL. HE GAVE US FREE WILL AND WE MAKE ASSES OF OURSELFS WITH IT. AND YESS DIMEBAG DARREL (REST HIS SOUL) DIED BECAUSE OF ROCK. SO HAVE MANY OTHERS. AND NO OFENSE TO
AT ALL. MOST ALL OF THERE SONGS ARE ABOUT THINGS THAT HAV ACTULY HAPPENED AND TO THE DISBELEFE OF MOST RAMMSTEIN IS NOT ALL GAY.

That was quoted because it may be the most fantastic post EVA.

You t*at.

... I'd add that to the word filter, TBH.

spazy
Apr 30, 2007, 01:47 AM
3?!Only Till is gay...:eek:

chaosbunny
Apr 30, 2007, 02:19 AM
...Why can't he write about a love story(with a good ending),or about the love that a parent has for his daughter(opposite of "tier")...

Yeah! And why can't he grow long blond hair and get breast implants!

spazy
May 4, 2007, 03:27 AM
Yeah! And why can't he grow long blond hair and get breast implants!
Because if he'd do that.he won't be Till anymore!he'll be Tillys(tried to find a girlie name..sorry if I failed):p

~~Hello~~
May 4, 2007, 05:16 AM
I thought rammstein were classed as industrial metal...

1GANDALF
May 12, 2007, 10:55 PM
3?!Only Till is gay...:eek:

well id herd what i said about there being only 3 gay members
but you may be right. And yes they are danz or dance metal check out there site or heralzied.com
and yess im sry i cant spell im not a computer nerd(no ofense):)
it sucks because im always maid fun of lol
i apologize for being so dramatic but im tired of every one bashing
christians or singleing people out in general plz grow up.

ps. lol to the greassy german guy

spazy
May 14, 2007, 02:37 AM
Yeah,I am very sure that only Till is gay..I saw on Youtube a video where he was kissing a guy..:-&..well,anyway..Maybe he was just drunk...

Kynologe
May 17, 2007, 02:45 AM
1. No one of Rammstein is gay - Till had an affair with the German TV presenter Jenny Elvers. He may be bisexual, but not gay

2. Rammstein is industrial, But in Germany they are one of the most popular bands of the Goths

3. Rammstein is not unique, but the other bands are not that famous in the States. If you like Rammstein you will love Megaherz oder Eisbrecher ( Megaherz no longer exists and two former Megaherz members formed Eisbrecher homepage (http://www.eis-brecher.com/de)) - this is really great music and they have quite good lyrics, maybe In Extremo too, they mix up metal with middleage music, sounds very strange and brutal. If you´re looking for typical songs you should look for Eisbrecher - Vergissmeinnicht (forget-me-not) or Schwarze Wittwe (Black Widow) or In Extremo - Vollmond (full moon) or ASP - Ich will brennen (I wanna burn)

4. There is nothing diabolic in Rammstein lyrics, and they are no Nazis. They are only playing with this cliché. Nobody in Germany would seriously call Rammstein a Nazi band. In fact all of them have a very oridinary life. The drummer e.g. carries on a car rental for luxury cars with an old friend. There is nothing deeper in the lyrics, in fact al lot of them don´t even make sense in German. The whole German version of "you hate" would be:" You have ... you have ... you have asked me ... and I said nothing (at all ). Would you be faithful until dead divorces you forever? - No. " Thats the whole lyric of this song. Its a German idiom. "du hast mich gefragt" - "you have asked me" in Germany means "you have proposed marriage to me". In Germany there is "Du hast" and "Du hasst" - only one letter difference, but a complete new sense. "Du hast" means you have or you did, "Du hasst" means you hate. But the original German version is "du hast". So even the translation is quite funny. You shouldn´t take Rammstein lyrics that serious. Just listen to it and enjoy the great music.

Why do I know all this?

I´m a professional German Rock DJ

<edit>

Eisbrecher - Vergissmeinnicht video (http://youtube.com/watch?v=YpGdk-ct8bg)

Eisbrecher - Leider lyrics video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmNjNOAGhOg&mode=related&search=)

ASP - Ich will brennen live video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pJB7bgyAIU&mode=related&search=)

IN Extremo - Vollmond official video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ujl-wr1Yuo&mode=related&search=)

In Extremo - Vollmond live video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXist6DEfYg&mode=related&search=)

Megaherz - Miststück (bitch) live video - low quality (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3mC2H5XZqQ)

spazy
May 17, 2007, 04:39 AM
nothing to comment,just that Megaherz is awesome!Though their best song after me is "herzblut".In extremo..not that much...They are good,but I don't think they sing like rammstein!:rolleyes:

1GANDALF
Aug 11, 2007, 09:09 PM
in response to the quote buy brap

omg for like the third time rammstein is danz metal. That is what the oficial website sayes. And personaly your opion sucks and you should not be so bluntly and intentionaly rude. Rammstein is very good music and verry comparable to kraftwork oomph and other such bands. And kraft work and rammstein sound nothing alike because kraftwork is mostly electronic
and rammstein is driven buy a powerfull onslaught of grungy gutar with
some cool electronic beats thorwn in.

yes i know i cant spell so spair your lame rebuttle. lol

lozanoj83
Aug 11, 2007, 10:26 PM
I've been listening to Rammstein for the past... 4 months.. and they have grown on me. In the beggining i only heard Sonne, and now i hear most of the Mutter album and Reise Reise.

Yes some of the lyrics... are... say the least disturbing...

But hey... its the music that counts and I love the sound.

brag22
Aug 16, 2007, 01:03 AM

****in' a to that.plus Rammstein is PURE INDUSTRIAL METAL for those of u who dont know.:mad:
and hell yeahhhhhh-their music is definitely AWESOME.:cool:

I've been listening to Rammstein for the past... 4 months.. and they have grown on me. In the beggining i only heard Sonne, and now i hear most of the Mutter album and Reise Reise.

Yes some of the lyrics... are... say the least disturbing...

But hey... its the music that counts and I love the sound.

yes,their lyrics certainly are disturbing-which is one of the reasons i dont go searching for their song lyrics constantly on the web.:D

such songs include Kuss Mich,Mann Gegen Mann and...uh,plenty more songs on the topic of homosexuality.

nevertheless,they are an excellent band.
my fave songs include:

Links 234(my ultimate favourite:cool:bloody awesome song)/Volkerball version ROX!!!
Asche Zu Asche(2nd fave)
Du hast
Reise Reise(Volkerball version ROX!!!)
Wilder Wein
Das Alte Lied
Weisses Fleisch
Los(Volkerball version ROX!!!)
Amerika
Mein Teil
Zerstoeren
Stein um Stein(Volkerball video+song breathtaking:eek:)
Buck Dich (LAB version ROX)

1. No one of Rammstein is gay - Till had an affair with the German TV presenter Jenny Elvers. He may be bisexual, but not gay

2. Rammstein is industrial, But in Germany they are one of the most popular bands of the Goths

3. Rammstein is not unique, but the other bands are not that famous in the States. If you like Rammstein you will love Megaherz oder Eisbrecher ( Megaherz no longer exists and two former Megaherz members formed Eisbrecher homepage (http://www.eis-brecher.com/de)) - this is really great music and they have quite good lyrics, maybe In Extremo too, they mix up metal with middleage music, sounds very strange and brutal. If you´re looking for typical songs you should look for Eisbrecher - Vergissmeinnicht (forget-me-not) or Schwarze Wittwe (Black Widow) or In Extremo - Vollmond (full moon) or ASP - Ich will brennen (I wanna burn)

4. There is nothing diabolic in Rammstein lyrics, and they are no Nazis. They are only playing with this cliché. Nobody in Germany would seriously call Rammstein a Nazi band. In fact all of them have a very oridinary life. The drummer e.g. carries on a car rental for luxury cars with an old friend. There is nothing deeper in the lyrics, in fact al lot of them don´t even make sense in German. The whole German version of "you hate" would be:" You have ... you have ... you have asked me ... and I said nothing (at all ). Would you be faithful until dead divorces you forever? - No. " Thats the whole lyric of this song. Its a German idiom. "du hast mich gefragt" - "you have asked me" in Germany means "you have proposed marriage to me". In Germany there is "Du hast" and "Du hasst" - only one letter difference, but a complete new sense. "Du hast" means you have or you did, "Du hasst" means you hate. But the original German version is "du hast". So even the translation is quite funny. You shouldn´t take Rammstein lyrics that serious. Just listen to it and enjoy the great music.

Why do I know all this?

I´m a professional German Rock DJ

<edit>

Eisbrecher - Vergissmeinnicht video (http://youtube.com/watch?v=YpGdk-ct8bg)

Eisbrecher - Leider lyrics video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmNjNOAGhOg&mode=related&search=)

ASP - Ich will brennen live video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pJB7bgyAIU&mode=related&search=)

IN Extremo - Vollmond official video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ujl-wr1Yuo&mode=related&search=)

In Extremo - Vollmond live video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXist6DEfYg&mode=related&search=)

Megaherz - Miststück (bitch) live video - low quality (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3mC2H5XZqQ)

i know about the bands megaherz,eisbrecher,die krupps,Kraftwerk,OOMPH and KMFDM....are there any others you know about?
also, am i the only one who doesnt get offended by their lyrics and just bangs his head like mad when listening to their music?

devman
Aug 16, 2007, 05:55 AM
Du Hast, Tier, Engel. I like a lot of their stuff.

Dagless
Aug 16, 2007, 06:47 AM
I really like Links234, but nothing else from them :o really good track for running or gym music I find.

brag22
Aug 16, 2007, 11:46 PM
I really like Links234, but nothing else from them :o really good track for running or gym music I find.

HEADBANGING-dont forget headbanging!!!:D

toolbox
Oct 6, 2007, 10:51 PM
I rekon there awesome, i keep being told by mum that there freaks and it's depressing music. i rekon she just has no idea

The albums i have got

Rosenrot ( Red Rose)
Reise, Reise (Rise Rise) - No sure on english for this one?
Mutter (Mother)
Sehnsucht (Longing)
Herzeleid (heartache)
Volkerball DVD + live Audio CD
Lichtspielhaus

I don't have LAB yet :(

iHerzeleid
Oct 7, 2007, 12:20 AM
Reise, Reise (Rise Rise) - No sure on english for this one?

Though written as a noun, "Reise" is obviously used as a verb in the song. The phrase "Reise, Reise" is used by seamen as a wake-up call and finds its roots in the Middle High German verb "risen", which meant "to rise" (to which it is obviously related as well). This verb has since died out in New High German, though the noun was retained and came to mean "journey" or "voyage". The verb "reisen" was rederived from the noun "Reise", but now means "to journey" or "to travel". It seems the old meaning has been preserved in this phrase in the seaman's language.

yg17
Oct 7, 2007, 03:40 PM
Who cares what genre they are? Genres are useless. If you like the band, great. Why do you care what genre they are? They take away from the more important topic of this thread: How much Rammstein kicks ass :D