PDA

View Full Version : needed help from those using 1and1 hosting

krossfyter
Feb 16, 2004, 01:52 PM
I am trying to set up my set via dreamweaver using 1and1 as my hosting.
I have encountered a few basic technical problems.

I just purcahsed a new domain... over 48 hours ago. It was at godaddy ... they asked me for the namesevers of the host site im using. How does the host know I am using a different domain name then they are giving me? On my control panel i just have the domain numbers they give me you know thats91302042.onlinehome.us
whatver.. shouldnt my new domain name be in there? What else do I need to do?

Also when im defining my site in dreamweaver it says my FTP login is incorrect.... im using a login that starts with "u" and is followed by a set of numbers.... is this correct? Also what do I put in for the folder part?
I have asked the 1and1 guys but for some reason they take real long to answer and they dont answer all my inquiries.

thanks.

mnkeybsness
Feb 16, 2004, 03:40 PM
i think you need to transfer your domain over to 1and1... i registered my domain with 1and1 because they were cheaper than godaddy, but i believe that you can transfer the domain over

for ftp, you need to create a new account... the original one just doesn't work and i don't know why.

krossfyter
Feb 17, 2004, 12:34 AM
thanks mnkeybsness. i transferd it over but i still cant hook it up with dreamweaver. it says that the login is incorrect. i have contacted 1and1 about this and i am still waiting for a response.

OmegachiQ
Mar 25, 2004, 04:14 PM
they should have either sent you an email with the Name Server info - if not you can find it in the control panel under Domains.

name servers on their system are formatted ns(#).1and1.com, inserting whichever Name Server numbers you have been assigned (they were in the 20's when i signed up!). They may be the same for everyone: NS27.1AND1.COM
NS28.1AND1.COM

you also have to set up your FTP account in the control panel (under Web Space/Access) - it's not automatic, unfortunately, but it only takes a minute or so.

Kwyjibo
Mar 25, 2004, 04:25 PM
those are my name servers too, for 1&1....

to set up dreamweaver's ftp funcitonality you need to mess around with the settings ... i forget which ones exactly but i think you have to enable passive ftp

that old address is your ftp addy and they give you ftp user names and passwords in the control panel ... good luck