PDA

View Full Version : no sound on powerbook g4 and keyboard light wont work

tjespo22
Nov 26, 2008, 10:59 PM
it took a very small fall onto carpet but the headphones that i tried wont work either so its not the speakers either, i restarted the computer of course. any sugguestions on what i can check

tjespo22
Nov 27, 2008, 10:04 PM
anyone know what the problem could be

tjespo22
Nov 29, 2008, 05:16 PM
anyone

tjespo22
Dec 7, 2008, 11:16 PM
can someone please help me. can a connection in the laptop be loose? after it fell off the couch onto the carped it stopped working but the speakers didnt break becuase headphones wont work either
any help would be appreciated

LowEnder
Dec 8, 2008, 12:00 AM
I wish I was tech-savvy enough to help other than to say it sounds as if you should have the repair guy take a look at it (is there a Certified Apple Reseller nearby?)...normally a 40$ or so charge for looking
Then again someone here may have the answer
Good luck!

mgridgaway
Dec 8, 2008, 12:24 AM
You can try resetting the PMU (http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1431) but if that doesn't work and the sound stopped working right after the fall I'd say you're boned. The best (and really only) advice I can offer is that if you don't have the expertise to take it apart yourself then you're gonna have to get it inspected/repaired.

TDM21
Dec 8, 2008, 06:07 PM
Along with resetting the PMU, you should check the airport card and RAM sticks to make sure they are not loose. I've heard that a loose Airport card can cause all sorts of trouble for PowerBooks.