PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Nets or Lakers?

Macmaniac
Jun 6, 2002, 12:51 PM
Its Poll time, what do you think?
Nets in 5
Nets in 6
Nets in 7
Lakers in 4
Lakers in 5
Lakers in 6
Lakers in 7
I could care less

jelloshotsrule
Jun 6, 2002, 12:54 PM
is this what we think will happen or what we want to happen?

Macmaniac
Jun 6, 2002, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule
is this what we think will happen or what we want to happen?
It can be both..
Make your predictions.

Mr. Anderson
Jun 6, 2002, 01:00 PM
Lakers in 5, the Nets will somehow manage to get a game, probable #3 or #4 when they're in a hole and need something to get them out....

jelloshotsrule
Jun 6, 2002, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by dukestreet
Lakers in 5, the Nets will somehow manage to get a game, probable #3 or #4 when they're in a hole and need something to get them out....

same thing i think will happen.

ThinkpadsRule
Jun 6, 2002, 01:21 PM
I think the Lakers will win in 5 as well. Are there any NJ fans here?

jelloshotsrule
Jun 6, 2002, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by ThinkpadsRule
I think the Lakers will win in 5 as well. Are there any NJ fans here?

did you happen to read macmaniac's posts and predictions?

i'd bet he's a nj fan. considering he's from nj too.

Mr. Anderson
Jun 6, 2002, 01:26 PM

did you happen to read macmaniac's posts and predictions?

i'd bet he's a nj fan. considering he's from nj too.

well, that's what happens when you make an emotional decision. I could care less about either team, but I definitely see the Lakers taking the trophy home....unless someone gets hurt, which would really suck

ThinkpadsRule
Jun 6, 2002, 01:30 PM
Yeah an injury would change the entire complexity of the game. I mean that for either team. I hope injuries will not play a role in these games.

jefhatfield
Jun 6, 2002, 01:49 PM
nets have the hunger to win and that is what is working against los angeles

another ring?

shaq likes to make excuses for not hitting the free throws but excuses have to stop if the lakers want to beat the nets

the lakers will show their top form near the end and win this series if they get their attitude adjusted

i think the nets nearly successful run late in the game shook up the lakers

the lakers looked pissed and coach jackson looked like he was going to open up a can of whoopass on some of his players after the game

with such a huge lead late in the game, the lakers had no exucse letting new jersey almost make one of the most amazing comebacks for an nba finals game

la has to contain kidd if they want to win this thing in four or five

if la gets behind at any time in this series, the momentum will make it a nets series

jelloshotsrule
Jun 6, 2002, 01:55 PM
i don't think the lakers have too much to worry about.

i also don't think shaq is that bad at free throws anymore. almost anytime i see him shoot them, he makes at least 1/2, often 2/2.

the numbers don't support what i've seen. but it's pretty true that he hits most of them when they count.

that said, i hate the lakers! ha

jefhatfield
Jun 6, 2002, 02:01 PM
i don't think the lakers have too much to worry about.

i also don't think shaq is that bad at free throws anymore. almost anytime i see him shoot them, he makes at least 1/2, often 2/2.

the numbers don't support what i've seen. but it's pretty true that he hits most of them when they count.

that said, i hate the lakers! ha

shaq, with his missed free throws and sometimes obvious mistakes he makes on the floor thru clumsiness due to a little too much weight these days, is still the heart of the team

they don't resemble the lakers of the previous two seasons though, but in the end, they may still get that ring and we will forget shaq's shortcomings

if shaq lost some weight and was just a little lighter on his feet, he would be the next michael jordan

but so far, no one is the next michael jordan

jelloshotsrule
Jun 6, 2002, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by jefhatfield

if shaq lost some weight and was just a little lighter on his feet, he would be the next michael jordan

but so far, no one is the next michael jordan

not sure i agree that shaq would be the next jordan, just because of the difficulty comparing them due to their different styles/positions....

but heck, not even jordan is the next jordan. haha

Macmaniac
Jun 6, 2002, 02:33 PM
I'm one of the NJ fans here! Whoever thinks the Lakers will sweep is not thinking straight. The game got pretty close last night, and next time the Nets won't have Deer in the headlight syndrome. Watch out LA.

jelloshotsrule
Jun 6, 2002, 02:37 PM
macmaniac

i give you that the nets could win a game. but it's also pretty likely that they won't

you're letting your team pride keep you from thinking straight.

the lakers clamp down on everyone. that's how they do it. failing rarely.

Macmaniac
Jun 6, 2002, 02:42 PM
macmaniac

i give you that the nets could win a game. but it's also pretty likely that they won't

you're letting your team pride keep you from thinking straight.

the lakers clamp down on everyone. that's how they do it. failing rarely.
Actually I am more of a Sixers fan, but I also root for my home team, If the Kings can win games against the Lakers then the Nets can. Kidd will rise to the occasion, and the rest of the team will get thier act togther, if the Nets can come back from a 23 point deficit then they have a chance.

jelloshotsrule
Jun 6, 2002, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Macmaniac

If the Kings can win games against the Lakers then the Nets can. Kidd will rise to the occasion, and the rest of the team will get thier act togther, if the Nets can come back from a 23 point deficit then they have a chance.

how do you figure that? the kings are not the nets. and vice versa. the kings could've beaten the lakers in the entire series. i repeat. the nets are not the kings. as much as i like todd maccollough he's got no chance against shaq. sure, kidd's great. van horn's good. kittles and martin have their days. but i mean come on, their benches just don't compare. and shaq owns anyone they put against him. though jason collins did well last night. the nets didn't come back and win from 23. they just came back. you have to close out to have it count as a win.

close calls don't count.

Macmaniac
Jun 6, 2002, 02:53 PM

how do you figure that? the kings are not the nets. and vice versa. the kings could've beaten the lakers in the entire series. i repeat. the nets are not the kings. as much as i like todd maccollough he's got no chance against shaq. sure, kidd's great. van horn's good. kittles and martin have their days. but i mean come on, their benches just don't compare. and shaq owns anyone they put against him. though jason collins did well last night. the nets didn't come back and win from 23. they just came back. you have to close out to have it count as a win.

close calls don't count.

I know that the Kings are not the Nets!! NJs bench has been scoring well in the past few play off games. And yes there really is no one who can really contain Shaq, but if MacCollough plays smart Shaq can be stopped. Both teams have their bad days and last night was one of them for the Nets, but Byron Scott has experience and he can help the Nets greatly. All the Nets have to do is play smart and not give up stupid turnovers, and get free throws then the nets have a chance at winning a few.
This will be an interesting series, and all we can do is watch.

jelloshotsrule
Jun 6, 2002, 02:57 PM
And yes there really is no one who can really contain Shaq, but if MacCollough plays smart Shaq can be stopped. Both teams have their bad days and last night was one of them for the Nets, but Byron Scott has experience and he can help the Nets greatly.

true. but the lakers didn't play totally perfectly either. but they won. and guess what, phil jackson has experience and he can help the lakers greatly... so...

All the Nets have to do is play smart and not give up stupid turnovers, and get free throws then the nets have a chance at winning a few.

and score more points than the lakers in 48 minutes of play 4 out of the next 6 times they play. yeah. simple.

yup. wait and watch.

Macmaniac
Jun 6, 2002, 03:56 PM
I said a few not all, I don't think we need to start a war, we should just admit that both teams have advantages in their favor, and that we should be civil fans.

jelloshotsrule
Jun 6, 2002, 04:05 PM
I said a few not all, I don't think we need to start a war, we should just admit that both teams have advantages in their favor, and that we should be civil fans.

ha. i'm not one for wars anyways.

i just don't know what you think the nets' advantages are other than jason kidd...

even if shaq gets some charges and stuff, his pros far outweigh his cons.

same with kobe, mostly.

that said, i don't care much. just suggesting you don't get too hopeful cause you like a team. it's kicked me in the pants before.... ha

Backtothemac
Jun 6, 2002, 09:16 PM
I say Lakers in 6, although I hope it is New Jersy in 7. The thing to remember is the Lakers have no one to stop Kidd, and the nets have no one that can stop Kobe. It should be very interesting. I think the series will come down to injuries.