Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maddenlo40

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 26, 2008
I was wondering if this television would work with my new MacBook. I know I'd have to purchase an adapter if it will, so I was also wondering which adapter I would need to purchase as well.

I was hoping to buy it tomorrow with Black Friday deals, but of course I don't want to get it if it's not compatible.

Thanks for your help.

FYI: I know there are several threads about this already, but I'm far from tech savvy and can't figure out what I need to check.

maddenlo40

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 26, 2008
But there would be no sound? Any way to fix that? That would be a BIG issue for me.

And will there be Mini DisplayPort to HDMI ever? I've read that connection will be able to carry audio.

Thanks for the help though guys.

tuc

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2003
And will there be Mini DisplayPort to HDMI ever? I've read that connection will be able to carry audio.

Thanks for the help though guys.

There will soon be cheap miniDisplayPort-to-HMDI adapters, but they won't carry audio. Someone may make an adapter that converts the audio, but it will be someone like Gefen and it will be crazy expensive.

some blog posts on mini-DisplayPort: Apple employs Mini-DisplayPort, More on mini-DisplayPort, Mini-DisplayPort a month later

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.