Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KainAussie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 14, 2008
im getting a iphone 3g and do i need a case or not??
i have bought 1 off ebay

mcmanus7

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2008
Depends... do you like finger prints/scratches?? that's the main reason I went with a case...

Silvek

macrumors newbie
Nov 27, 2008
Protection of some kind is absolutely 100% necessary. I prefer the invisible shields, but the corners tend to peel off after some use.

duckkg5

macrumors member
Aug 14, 2008
Charleston, SC
I had mine on a bike mount to keep track of my paths ... well the mount fell off and the screen broke so I had to buy a new one. The guy at the Apple store was like "dude. get. a. case." and then suggested that getting a soft case is the same thing as getting a soft helmet - not as effective. Go for a hard case; think of it as $20-30 insurance.

Hellion

macrumors member
Feb 15, 2008
South Florida
Get something to protect. Will totally help out if you decide to sell it later on when time comes to upgrade. Other than that, just good to get something to protect your toy! I ain't no spammer, but depending on if your into cases or not, try checking out IvySkin Quattro T-4. If Leather cases, from what I gather reading around this forum and others, Vaja is the way to go! NO matter what you do brotha/sista get do something to keep it looking good!

KainAussie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 14, 2008
just bought a naked case off ebay
and getting my iphone for xmas cant wait
16gb WHITE :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.