PDA

View Full Version : USA and the World Cup

Mr. Anderson
Jun 6, 2002, 02:06 PM
So here's your chance to pick where they will finish. Vote away

britboy
Jun 6, 2002, 02:20 PM
I think the US boys will make it through to the second round. Once there though, you'll be up against either mexico or italy (more likely to be italy). I very much doubt you'd have a chance against that sort of oposition.

So, second round it is :)

Mr. Anderson
Jun 6, 2002, 02:22 PM
That's pretty much how I feel. But you never know, maybe the Portugal thing wasn't a fluke. Any one know what's the farthest we've ever advanced?

jelloshotsrule
Jun 6, 2002, 02:33 PM
i agree with both d-mod and queen mum boy.

even if we played jamaica in the second round we'd lose. "we" would lose..

ha

jamaica is probably good, i don't know.

Mr. Anderson
Jun 6, 2002, 02:35 PM
Not like their bobsled team...

so what position are you playing on the team, jello, waterboy?

jelloshotsrule
Jun 6, 2002, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by dukestreet
Not like their bobsled team...

so what position are you playing on the team, jello, waterboy?

i'm playing left bench warmer

Macmaniac
Jun 6, 2002, 02:37 PM
This might be a lucky cup for us, but we won't get out of the second round, we don't have the experience.
I would love to see England get far, but they have tough opponents.

britboy
Jun 6, 2002, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by dukestreet
Any one know what's the farthest we've ever advanced?

I believe the best the US boys have done was to get though to the second round in '94, losing to eventual champions Brazil. Not a bad showing.

Macmaniac
Jun 6, 2002, 02:55 PM
I remeber 94, that was a great World Cup. I got to go to one of the games, Norway vs Ireland, it was so nice having the Cup only an hours drive from my house.

Mr. Anderson
Jun 6, 2002, 05:47 PM
It is amazing what home field advantage does for the game of soccer. The first 4 World Cups went to the host team. Wild odds on that. I think that soccer is slowing becoming a better recognized game, with the Women's soccer team leading the way. I hope it continues and someday we do win the cup.