Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bianca0510

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 24, 2008
i know this has already been posted somewhere i just can seem to find it, i just got a touch and i want to know how to delete an app completely. not just from my homepage but so that it isnt taking up space any more.
thanks.

Ivan P

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Home
Connect the iPod to iTunes. When the screen showing your iPod's details appears, select the tab at the top of the screen that says "Applications" and you can select the apps that you want to be synced to your iPod. If you don't check an app, it won't be copied to your iPod and therefore won't take up any space on it.

bianca0510

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 24, 2008
thanks, but why wont the apps that i want to work work. they worked before i did the 2.2 update now they start, nothing loads and the quit.

Ivan P

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Home
thanks, but why wont the apps that i want to work work. they worked before i did the 2.2 update now they start, nothing loads and the quit.

I think it's something with the 2.2 update, it's been happening to myself and many others too. The Facebook app especially has become horrible to use.

bianca0510

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 24, 2008
yeah. myspace, aim, facebook none of them work. its so annoying. how can this be fixed? does anyone know?

Ivan P

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Home
The most that can be done is to try a restore of the iPod (which downloads the software and reinstalls it)...I really hope Apple gives us a fix soon, because it's incredibly annoying.

mackmgg

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2007
wow i nvr realized how lucky i am.

i dont have dead pixels, i dont have safari crashes, i didnt have the WPA problem w/ 2.1.1, mail deletes in 2.2 AND no app crashes in 2.2 including facebook.

bianca0510

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 24, 2008
i restored my touch and things see to be working alright now....*fingers crossed*

iOwnxD

macrumors member
Nov 9, 2008
i restored my touch and things see to be working alright now....*fingers crossed*
just wait for the apps to be compatible with 2.2, a lot of apps i have have been updated to 2.2 and now they work fine and some still don't

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.