PDA

View Full Version : Buy MBP on Amazon?

besler3035
Nov 28, 2008, 09:10 PM
Just a quick question...due to Amazon's $100 rebate on the MacBook Pro, I'm considering purchasing from them instead of going with Apple. Has anyone had experience with purchasing an Apple laptop from Amazon, and if so, have you been satisfied or run into problems?

Thanks.

Schtumple
Nov 28, 2008, 09:12 PM
Amazon are pretty good all round, they have good customer service, are pretty good for delivery and generally seem to have a good all round pricing structure, I'd say go for it.

iVeBeenDrinkin'
Nov 28, 2008, 09:14 PM
Just a quick question...due to Amazon's $100 rebate on the MacBook Pro, I'm considering purchasing from them instead of going with Apple. Has anyone had experience with purchasing an Apple laptop from Amazon, and if so, have you been satisfied or run into problems?

Thanks.

I considered buying my new MBP from Amazon to save about $200 in taxes. In the end, I decided to buy from Apple incase for some reason I had to return it. The first MBP I bought had one dead pixel. Apple exchanged it and gave me a free sleeve for my trouble.

Now, I feel good about buying from Apple and, I feel good about paying my taxes.

Scepticalscribe
Nov 29, 2008, 06:05 AM
I considered buying my new MBP from Amazon to save about $200 in taxes. In the end, I decided to buy from Apple incase for some reason I had to return it. The first MBP I bought had one dead pixel. Apple exchanged it and gave me a free sleeve for my trouble.

Now, I feel good about buying from Apple and, I feel good about paying my taxes.

I tend to agree with this; in general, I prefer to buy items such as computers from licenced outlets, rather than Craigslist, eBay, or even Amazon. It seems to me that it is more secure - and the customer is better protected - in the long run, should anything go wrong.

Cheers and good luck

ivinho
Nov 30, 2008, 10:56 PM
I ordered my MBP from Amazon and it should be here this week. I've always had good experiences with Amazon.

DOTN FORGET Amazon has a 30-day price guarantee. If the price goes down during the next 30 days, e-mail them and they will refund you the difference.
It went down $50 since i ordered and Amazon already refunded the difference.

Scottsdale
Nov 30, 2008, 11:12 PM
Why risk it messing with a big purchase and a third-party that doesn't care about the end result... I would stick with Apple.com, as they truly care about the end result you the buyer being happy. I would print out the advertisement and take it into the Apple store or call in for an online purchase and try to get Apple to match the price. There is some evidence that Apple does match discounts when asked to. Plus, I believe you are always better off buying from the company that has a real interest in you being happy... the company who is warrantying it for the next year to three...

Happy Holidays. And best wishes and congrats on the new Mac whichever way you go.

Chris Rogers
Nov 30, 2008, 11:17 PM
Got mine in Sept/Oct NO PROBLEMS

What's not to like about a $100 rebate, free shipping (maybe/maybe not for you if they changed their policy), and no sales tax

Chris Rogers
Nov 30, 2008, 11:19 PM
I ordered my MBP from Amazon and it should be here this week. I've always had good experiences with Amazon.

DOTN FORGET Amazon has a 30-day price guarantee. If the price goes down during the next 30 days, e-mail them and they will refund you the difference.
It went down $50 since i ordered and Amazon already refunded the difference.

I ordered my macbook right before the new ones came out (within 30 days) I fought with them for weeks and they said they JUST changed their policy in Aug/Sept I was SOL :mad:

OldCorpse
Nov 30, 2008, 11:29 PM
I bought my laptop from Amazon. Everything went great, except I had to wait for my rebate for a long time, and in the end they had to credit my CC (somehow the rebate got lost). So, everything turned out well, but was a bit of a snafu with the rebate for awhile until Amazon straightened it out. I was very satisfied with the deal. I got to avoid taxes and free shipping plus rebate - I saved $350. Amazon all the way for me - plus, I can always return an item no questions asked with in a reasonable period of time.

descartes
Dec 3, 2008, 12:06 AM
bought several apple products from amazon, including a laptop. no issues at all. the savings while not significant are appreciated. their customer service is also very good. no reason not to order from there unless you want it right away.

six.four
Dec 3, 2008, 01:44 AM
I tend to agree with this; in general, I prefer to buy items such as computers from licenced outlets, rather than Craigslist, eBay, or even Amazon. It seems to me that it is more secure - and the customer is better protected - in the long run, should anything go wrong.

Cheers and good luck

You do know Amazon is a licensed reseller right? Amazon is a retailer. Ebay and craigslist are not - I'm confused as how you would even categorized them together.

Honestly, I would much prefer to purchase from amazon than apple - especially if you have amazon prime. No hassle returns and no tax.

I spend thousands of dollars on amazon every year - they are IMO the best on retailer.

They did however discontinue their 30 day price guarantee, but their service has always been top notch and I have never been disappointed.

descartes
Dec 3, 2008, 07:31 AM
You do know Amazon is a licensed reseller right? Amazon is a retailer. Ebay and craigslist are not - I'm confused as how you would even categorized them together.

Honestly, I would much prefer to purchase from amazon than apple - especially if you have amazon prime. No hassle returns and no tax.

I spend thousands of dollars on amazon every year - they are IMO the best on retailer.

They did however discontinue their 30 day price guarantee, but their service has always been top notch and I have never been disappointed.

when did they stop the 30 day price match?