Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheZimm

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
Has anyone got Araggedon Squadron? how does it look? Is it worth the money?

Also, is Fastlane really that good?

Which game should I get?

Zym

LostLogik

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2008
Given you'll probably want to tell everyone you've review of them on your blog, why not get both? ;)

jarofclay73

macrumors 6502
Nov 15, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
I just bought Fastlane and Raging Thunder. Fastlane is more of a simulator. Prepare to get owned a lot. Raging Thunder is more fun. I still think Asphalt beats them both.

TheZimm

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
I just bought Fastlane and Raging Thunder. Fastlane is more of a simulator. Prepare to get owned a lot. Raging Thunder is more fun. I still think Asphalt beats them both.

I really didn't think Asphalt was all that good, the graphics were pretty bad

Zym

liptonlover

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2008
asphalt is great in that I love the burnout series, which it replicates perfectly. Takedowns are sooooo much fun! But the graphics and general gameplay weren't for series racing. After a TON of careful consideration, I bought fastlane over the others. It's tough, the graphics are beautiful, the physics and controls are great, the interface is easy, and best of all I can listen to my own music if I want which I hated about asphalt. Though, the built in songs are so darn awesome I wish I could buy them.
Haven't played the other serious racers.
Nate

jarofclay73

macrumors 6502
Nov 15, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
I really didn't think Asphalt was all that good, the graphics were pretty bad

Zym

Graphics aren't everything. Gameplay on Asphalt totally made up for that. I loved unlocking cars and motorcycles as well as unlocking the different locations. I think I've logged more hours on Asphalt than on another other game on the iPhone.

speedracer3000

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2008
there is something awkward about the controls on Asphalt for me that I still can't get into it and just don't play it much at all.
The controls on Fastlane looks better and I am tempted to get it but not sure if I want to get another racing game (I have most of them already and they are getting a bit old for me).

TheZimm

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
I ended up getting neither and got touch grind and zen table tennis, both great games :)

Zym

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.