PDA

View Full Version : Children laughing sound clip

Changepoint
Nov 29, 2008, 04:56 PM
Has anyone noticed that the same audio clip for children laughing is used in tons of different tv shows and adverts? Can't they afford to record kids laughing themselves instead of using this royalty free (I assume) sound effect ?!

Just curious ;)

MowingDevil
Nov 30, 2008, 05:27 AM
Pretty sad actually. I've noticed that alot of movies use the same intercom loop in hospitals....something like "calling Dr. Blair, Dr. Blair, calling Dr. Blair" or whatever. I know I've heard it more than a few times. Once you know what you're looking for it stands out like a sore thumb.

Sonicjay
Nov 30, 2008, 08:47 AM
Pretty sad actually. I've noticed that alot of movies use the same intercom loop in hospitals....something like "calling Dr. Blair, Dr. Blair, calling Dr. Blair" or whatever. I know I've heard it more than a few times. Once you know what you're looking for it stands out like a sore thumb.

Haha, yes! I've heard that on the Cosby Show, and on Naughty By Nature's "Everything's gonna be alright" among other places, LOL

Arrandale
Apr 7, 2010, 02:48 PM
Haha, yes! I've heard that on the Cosby Show, and on Naughty By Nature's "Everything's gonna be alright" among other places, LOL

woah... trippy stuff

this is a conspiracy

theodora
Aug 10, 2010, 07:46 PM
YES YES YES YES YES
i just registered solely to answer this thread.
Its like a little boy laughing, with about four 'ha's!
can you remember which adverts its in? I think I've heard it in a tv show too.

benflick
Aug 10, 2010, 08:16 PM
Is it the one at 0:05 in this video? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujKYEJqgWEE
I know I've heard that exact clip before.

theodora
Aug 11, 2010, 06:53 AM
No, that's not the one I was thinking of.. I'll have a look and see if I can find it

karlofflives
Aug 18, 2010, 01:46 PM
there is one of the "dr blair" clips at 1:22
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/81068085/

MowingDevil
Aug 20, 2010, 02:05 AM
Thats the one! I swear its somewhere on Queensr˙che's Operation Mindcrime or something like that as well.

Dr. Blair, Dr. Blair, Dr. J. Hamilton, Dr. J. Hamilton...