Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Brewerpaul

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 25, 2008
Clifton Park,NY
Dumb newbie question...
How do I get photos from my PC into iTunes, and from there into the iPod Touch?

I know I have to copy them into the iTunes library, but the library does not even show a place for photos: just music, videos,podcasts etc. I'm sure I'm just missing something simple. The .pdf of the owner's manual is no help at all. Thanks in advance.

sandman42

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2003
Seattle
Hmmm, I don't know about on a PC, but on the Mac you don't import photos into iTunes -- you just specify (in iTunes) where you want to sync photos from (which folder or application). With the Touch connected to the computer, select it in the 'devices' list in iTunes, then select the 'Photos' tab. That's where, on a Mac, you would set up which photos are synced. I think this should be the same on a PC. Hope that helps.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
You don't actually put your photos into iTunes.

Put all the photos you want to copy to your Touch into a folder somewhere on your PC. You can have them organized into subfolders if you want.

Hook up your Touch to your PC, start iTunes, click on the Touch icon on the left hand side. In the right side window, select the "Photo" tab. Check the "sync Photos" checkbox, and navigate to the folder where you have your photos. Click the sync or apply button at the right bottom corner.

Hope that helps!

al1cre

macrumors member
May 31, 2008
Unfortunately, on a PC I don't think there's a good way to arrange the photos into a specific order. That's one of the few disappointments that I have with my iPod Touch.

iOwnxD

macrumors member
Nov 9, 2008
you don't get the photos into itunes, you go into ipod settings and browse the folder your pictures are in.

Brewerpaul

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 25, 2008
Clifton Park,NY
OK, now I know how to get pictures in there... iTunes arbitrarily named that file of photos "Photo Library" with the number of pics in parentheses.
1)How can I rename this eg "China 2008"?
2)Can I re-arrange the order of the pictures?
3)Can I delete one or more of them, but leave the others?
Told ya I was gonna pester you with newbie questions!:D

iOwnxD

macrumors member
Nov 9, 2008
OK, now I know how to get pictures in there... iTunes arbitrarily named that file of photos "Photo Library" with the number of pics in parentheses.
1)How can I rename this eg "China 2008"?
2)Can I re-arrange the order of the pictures?
3)Can I delete one or more of them, but leave the others?
Told ya I was gonna pester you with newbie questions!:D

1) Rename the folder that they are in, i think never tried.
2) TRy re-arranging the pictures in your folder.
3) Remove the picture from the folder and iTunes will delete it.

pshankar999

macrumors newbie
Dec 9, 2008
managing photos on ipod touch

just yesterday i bought my ipod touch, totally new to mac world
it really sucks
simple things like how to add photos, how to delete it
we have to struggle to find out
from what i understand it looks like i cant delete photos on ipod without connecting it to my computer pc.
i cant have photos in diff folders it sucks
and it is the same with music i guess without connecting it to pc you cant delete it.
please somebody help if i am wrong
i hope i am wrong

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.