Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ann713

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 30, 2008
California
For instance if I've already bought some applications for my mother's iPod Touch, can they be shared with another iPod? I'm planning to buy one (another Touch) for myself soon. Will I have to repurchase?

tadad1

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2008
To the best of my knowledge as long as the new Touch is linked\synced to the same iTunes account that the apps were purchased from then it should not be a problem.

If you create a new iTunes account then the apps will need to be repurchased.

sandman42

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2003
Seattle
The apps are dedicated to an iTunes account, not a particular computer or iPod. They'll run on any capable iPod that's synced to any computer that's authorized on the account. You can authorize up to 5 computers on an account, and I think you can sync an unlimited number of iPods with a given computer. If both your iPods will be synced with the same computer you'll have no problem, and if they're synced to different computers that are both on the same account you'll just need to get the apps on the second computer. You may be able to copy them, or once the other computer is authorized on the account you should be able to redownload them for free from the ITMS.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.