Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MBrolling

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 6, 2008
Hi everyone. I just bought a new classic, or early 2008 Macbook Pro model, and was getting it setup. Everything was fine and it went to the part for selecting a picture for your account. I took a picture, then I retook it a couple times and then everything just sort of stopped, and i got this camera is shut icon where it shows the picture, and i cant click go back, or continue or anything else, what should I do?? :eek:

MBrolling

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 6, 2008
Here is a picture of what I am talking about. Please if anyone has any idea on what to do, let me know. This is my first Mac and I really don't know if I should shut it down or if there is a way around it or something.

Attachments

• 12-01-08_1357.jpg
    12-01-08_1357.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 55

Azagar

macrumors member
Nov 29, 2008
San Francisco
Well it's not a kernel panic according to your picture. My advice and what I would do in you shoes is just turn it off, if its not responding to anything then you will have to hold down the power button couple of seconds in order for it to turn off.

darwinian

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2008
In R4, more or less
Kinda cool. In an I-feel-your-pain sort of way, of course, but I've never heard of a freeze during setup. Erm, have you tried cmd+opt+esc, by chance? Just wondering if it'd do anything, since at other stages of that app, cmd+q works fine.

Restore discs may come in handy here, if the setup is in a weird limbo stage. I hope nothing's wrong with that camera of yours.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.