Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kan-O-Z

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 3, 2007
I just ordered a Rev. B, 1.6GHz, 120GB HDD! What can I say, I am excited! I own a MBP 2.2GHz, 160GB and needed a second computer. I got it from MacMall for $1650 and it came with free Parallels 4.0 and a free Epson all in one (after rebates). I think this is a good deal. I am probably not going to use Parallels or the printer and I may just sell it on Ebay potentially making back $100-$150 bringing the final cost close to $1500 :)

I was really debating the Rev A which was $1200 and finally convinced myself that an extra $450 was worth it for the improvements. I especially liked the video and extra HDD. I really wanted the 128 GB SSD but it's too expensive and I figured I might just wait a year or so until they really come down in price and put in a 128GB or 256GB SSD :) In the meantime I should be able to get by with 120GB (Entire iPhoto and iTunes libraries) as long as I try to slim up some stuff in OS X.

I'm really surprised that not many people have received their 120GB MBA. It seems that MacMall has them in stock and ready to ship. Anyways, I thought I would post this as I can't wait!

Kan-O-Z

andreab35

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2008
USA
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20)

Congrats! I hope you enjoy it once it ships to you!
I ordered the same MBA with a Canon Mp480 all in one.
Unfortunately, it's coming Dec. 19th. I ordered it Nov. 23rd. The printer is here now though, and it's great!

Kan-O-Z

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 3, 2007
Thanks for the responses. I'm having a bit of buyers remorse because for the same price I could have had a kick a$$ iMac or any of the other Macs. I suppose none of them can compare when it comes to form factor and portability and beauty ;) This is a second computer after all and I don't need a power house.

Kan-O-Z

silverblack

macrumors 68030
Nov 27, 2007
Thanks for the responses. I'm having a bit of buyers remorse because for the same price I could have had a kick a$$ iMac or any of the other Macs. I suppose none of them can compare when it comes to form factor and portability and beauty ;) This is a second computer after all and I don't need a power house.

Kan-O-Z

I'm not saying you should. But you do have the option of returning it for a full refund providing you have not opening any of the packaging. So it's not too late yet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.