PDA

View Full Version : Client's site design, opinions appreciated.

diavolo
Feb 18, 2004, 12:56 PM
Here is a concept design for a client's site that I am working on. The company is a brand new start-up that needs a decent identity to promote their business. I'm trying to make the site appealing across multiple demographics such as young males, middle aged health conscious people and everything in between. Any and all constructive comments are welcomed. Thanks!

BTW: It's only about 65% complete, I wanted some feedback before I commited to anything.

jeremy.king
Feb 18, 2004, 01:04 PM
I would suggest more color. The shades of grey (or gray) doesn't really portray fitness, IMO.

I like the layout so far.

diavolo
Feb 18, 2004, 02:15 PM
I'm going to incorporate color photos into the design to take care of the color issues. I had thought of that as well, I just want to be cautious of adding too much color or too many photos to take away from the simplicity of the layout.

redkore
Feb 18, 2004, 02:36 PM
Is there a live site we could check, or is it just an image?

mnkeybsness
Feb 18, 2004, 02:36 PM
that color for the text on second words for images is REALLY hard to read.

Frohickey
Feb 18, 2004, 02:39 PM
Too much of the screen/window is wasted on the area for the "FitnessElement" stuff.

Rower_CPU
Feb 18, 2004, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by mnkeybsness
that color for the text on second words for images is REALLY hard to read.

Agreed. If you're targeting middle-aged folks who might be starting to have vision problems you have to watch out for soft/low-contrast text like that.

Overall, though, I really like the design and look forward to seeing a live version.

krossfyter
Feb 18, 2004, 04:39 PM
instead of the light blue you are using for that text that is hard to read might i suggest maybe white? also you might want to try and play with black in outlining some things. it seems you are using neutral colors (which is fine) in a mid range from black and white and then light blue. so perhaps in the color scheme if you widen that range a little more to outline or highlight some things it may make things stand out. Overall i think its a very clinical look. Maybe its a little too drab?... too rainy or gloomy... is that what you are going for? I think you are going for a conservative healhy look. Perhaps bring in a color thats upbeat to set it off or something. I may be wrong.. just my opinion.

Its a clean look though... nice and easy... very soothing and nothing shocking or stimulating... which is good for this type of business.

Good luck man.