Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which photography do you enjoy most?

• Aerial

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Astro

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Macro

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Nature

Votes: 20 46.5%
  • Travel

Votes: 13 30.2%

• Total voters

BrentGambrell

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 30, 2008
Kentucky
Which type(s) of photography do you must enjoy?

I know I love nature and Astrophotography. But most of all I love Macro photography.

Which is your favorite?

wheelhot

macrumors 68020
Nov 23, 2007
I like everything but If I were give a choice then it will be landscape providing its an all expense paid but if its not then Macro for me. Its like exploring into another world with Macro ;)

BrentGambrell

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 30, 2008
Kentucky
I like everything but If I were give a choice then it will be landscape providing its an all expense paid but if its not then Macro for me. Its like exploring into another world with Macro ;)

I completely agree. I feel macro in my opinion is very exciting. Something you would not regularly see.

rjphoto

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2005
I voted Nature, but a lot of my nature photos are Macro... Flowers & Bugs mostly. My wife is a gardener and we have lots of butterflies and bees around the yard.

Personally, I love to shoot sunsets (especially at the beach) and moon rises... does that count as astrophotography?

pprior

macrumors 65816
Aug 1, 2007
What the heck - not even a choice for people? Narrow minded poll, I would say.

-hh

macrumors 68030
Jul 17, 2001
NJ Highlands, Earth
...everything's subject to change under the right circumstances...

Yup! Even though one may have a 'favorite' subject matter, when it comes to expressions of creativity, all limitations are arbitrary.

If we limit ourselves to binning things, then there's a lot of categories that could be added: People, Landscapes, Water (why not, since he has "Air"), Earth, Fire, Architecture, etc, etc.

Of course, if we box ourselves in too far,then we have to have the poll include Aerial Landscape photography of Animals in Nature that was taken while on Travel. Or for short, "ALANT".

How's that as a topic for the next 'post yer best' assignment? :D

-hh

H2Ockey

macrumors regular
Aug 25, 2008
Of course, if we box ourselves in too far,then we have to have the poll include Aerial Landscape photography of Animals in Nature that was taken while on Travel. Or for short, "ALANT".

I have a few of these, though they really aren't very good, more just snap shots from a small plane.;) But they do fit all the criteria of an "ALANT"

Hard to say my "favorite". I really like landscapes though I'm not very good, and macro... learning. I like sunrise and sunset (still can't decide which I like more). One thing I can really do is sit on an uncomfortable rock and take shot after shot after shot trying to capture the perfect wave or wave crashing on rocks. But most of all I think I like wildlife, including my daughters.
I'd love to get into astro some, but as of yet have not.

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
You left off "underwater". My favorite.

I'm lucky enough to live here in California very close to the ocean. Close enough that I can get in the water a couple times a week. For some reason life is very dense in the ocean, there are good subjects inches apart and you can be very choosy. It's what you'd call a subject rich environment and at the same time different enough from what most people see that the photos are interesting.

I like abstract compositions and tend to think more about color and shape than subject matter. I think I like photography mostly because it make me see things in a different way. I look at my surroundings differently when I have a camera with me.

Here are some random shoots I put on Google's Picasa site when I was testing out the service. I think all of them were shot with a 4MP Canon point and shoot A80 camera. (I have both a P&S and a Nikon D50) I don't know what kind of photography it is. I think maybe "anti-formal" compositions?
http://picasaweb.google.com/albertson.chris/SampleImages

TheReef

macrumors 68000
Sep 30, 2007
NSW, Australia.
Landscapes and wildlife, mainly birds.
Also waiting for the light as Doylem always does, it feels much more rewarding knowing you've spent the time.

PCMacUser

macrumors 68000
Jan 13, 2005
Which type(s) of photography do you must enjoy?

I know I love nature and Astrophotography. But most of all I love Macro photography.

Which is your favorite?

I most enjoy landscape and portrait. Wildlife is pretty high up there too.

Digital Skunk

macrumors G3
Dec 23, 2006
In my imagination
As a freelance video and photojournalist, love the kind where:

I GET PAID!

Seriously speaking, I love journalism first, then architecture second, with fashion third but only with African or African American models (my own limitation, I haven't been able to shoot anything but headshots with certain skin types).

And yes, the choices are limited, but then again, there would have been a good deal of choices to choose from, and many may not have been able to make up their mind. Aerial and Astro wouldn't have been first on the list in my mind, and Macro is sort of a method of shooting, not a shooting style. i.e. I can have a macro shot in my travel gallery.

FrankieTDouglas

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2005
Weird poll. Portraiture is not even included. From that list, I guess I'd go with Macro. But, the style I enjoy most is constructed imagery.

rebrook

macrumors member
Jul 6, 2008
Maryland, USA
I voted for travel. I love to show people where I've been and remember all the new experiences while traveling. Nature would be a close second.

Like others, it also depends on the mood and situation.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
I usually take pictures when I travel, but it's of nature sometimes, so that poll doesn't work too well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.