PDA

View Full Version : How to check new MBA for dead pixels, other problems?

mrvisitor
Dec 2, 2008, 09:54 AM
Hi, I've just ordered a MBA revB and I'll have 14 days to check it for "problems" such as dead pixels, thin grey lines on the screen, high temperatures, etc before my return period expires.

I've never seen a dead pixel and I can't see any of the thin grey lines in the photographs posted to this forum...so are there any tips for how to detect these problems? e.g. is there freeware to search for dead pixels?

Thanks!

speakerwizard
Dec 2, 2008, 10:02 AM
well a dead or stuck pixel is exactly that, will be a dot on the screen, if you dont see it your fine, as for heat, use it, only you can judge that.

frifra
Dec 3, 2008, 12:27 AM
I guess this is what you are looking for: http://tft.vanity.dk/monitorTest_scale.html

its flash based and you can access it online, no installation needed.

NC MacGuy
Dec 3, 2008, 06:30 AM
Dead or stuck pixels usually show up as a colored dot or no color at all against black or white screens. At least that's how I've found mine.

BTW, both my Airs have had neither.

mrvisitor
Dec 3, 2008, 11:02 AM
Thanks, I'll look at that website for the dead/stuck pixels. Any way to find the thin grey lines, or is that always obvious to the naked eye?

descartes
Dec 3, 2008, 10:26 PM
as far as dead pixels, if you dont notice them on your own, no reason to go searching for one to only later fixate on it.