Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tracid

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 27, 2008
Hello, I am looking for a speaker dock for my sister's Nano 3G. I am willing to fork out around $100. Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Tallest Skil

macrumors P6
Aug 13, 2006
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
I picked up the Griffin Amplifi for $65 on Black Friday (It retails for $150, but I've never actually seen it that expensive). In a Gizmodo BattleModo, it beat out several Altec Lansing models that had beaten even the Bose SoundDock in terms of sound quality. I just received it today, but I do not know if I can open it yet, so I cannot give you my impressions on the sound. I have heard the SoundDock personally, so I am very eager to be able to compare the two. If there are any further developments (i.e., I get to hear it), I will come back with input.

But yeah, this thing's MSRP is half that of the Bose SoundDock and everywhere I looked, it was not only far cheaper than MSRP, but reviewers touted it as sounding better. It's a nice design, too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.