Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Brewerpaul

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 25, 2008
Clifton Park,NY
I can buy my iPod Touch online from Apple, or locally at a mall store. If I buy it locally I save shipping costs but will pay local sales tax.
Does Apple charge local sales tax for online purchases?

I'm debating 8 vs 16 gig. I don't anticipate downloading many, if any, movies and I don't expect to carry around a huge music library. I'll be using the device largely as a PDA-- address book, calendar, plus a drug database I use in nursing, some fun games etc. On one hand, extra memory never hurts. OTOH, the extra $70 could buy a LOT of apps. Any thoughts?

Batt

macrumors 65816
Dec 17, 2007
Syracuse, NY
. . . I'm debating 8 vs 16 gig. I don't anticipate downloading many, if any, movies and I don't expect to carry around a huge music library. I'll be using the device largely as a PDA-- address book, calendar, plus a drug database I use in nursing, some fun games etc. On one hand, extra memory never hurts. OTOH, the extra $70 could buy a LOT of apps. Any thoughts?

I bought the 8 gig and I have over 1,000 songs, 2275 photos, several videos and podcasts, and about 20 additional apps and I stil have about 600MB left.
8 Is Enough.

surflordca

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2007
Ontario, Canada
I bought the 8 gig and I have over 1,000 songs, 2275 photos, several videos and podcasts, and about 20 additional apps and I stil have about 600MB left.
8 Is Enough.

8 is enough until you run out of space. I have 32 gig and it is a little over half full. No movies on it. :apple:

iOrlando

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2008
and i have 16...and have enough space haha...

apps wont fill the memory up..so dont worry about that..the only issue would be 1) if you are a really big music person 2) really big video person.

If you travel...i would say 16 GB..that way you can put 4-5 movies on it.
if you dont travel much...8GB should do it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.