PDA

View Full Version : Refurb Air (rev A) now $999 at Apple store

HiFiGuy528
Dec 3, 2008, 09:28 AM
$999 is a pretty sweet deal.

http://att.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=146951&d=1228318053

justit
Dec 3, 2008, 09:39 AM
with all it's Rev A problems isn't there a high chance that it was returned due to overheating? I guess you could return it.

h1d
Dec 3, 2008, 09:56 AM
After fixing the themal paste, updating to latest leopard and install coolbook, the heat issue (at least for the CPU shutdown and kernel_task burst) will be fixed. But that's a good price though, really.

Scepticalscribe
Dec 3, 2008, 10:19 AM
After fixing the themal paste, updating to latest leopard and install coolbook, the heat issue (at least for the CPU shutdown and kernel_task burst) will be fixed. But that's a good price though, really.

Lol. I take your point, though. Potential problems notwithstanding, it is a good price.

Cheers and good luck

cmob
Dec 3, 2008, 11:48 AM
and... gone. it's now back to $1199.

Glad i got my Rev A NEW for $1149 (after Amazon rebate) last week. So far, quite happy with it and have no issues that have been discussed in this forum. Watched Hulu in HD and Netflix last night for two hours on my lap last night and it looked (and felt) fine - heat hovered around 70 C, peaked at 75C (I DONT have CoolBook software installed); video was very nice even in HD, no hiccups; my battery lasts around 4.5 hours when browsing web. Even if it does get a little warm (though never uncomfortably so), the MBA is still not as hot as my old Powerbook G4 that it replaced. Or, maybe my legs are just well-insulated by the extra cash lining my pockets that I saved by purchasing the close-out model MBA?

h1d
Dec 3, 2008, 12:41 PM
I own 2nd rev A, after doing those, I just have no complaint on the machine. (Except the obvious ones like only 1 USB ;)) And that was priced as same as the white old Macbook. If I could choose between those 2, I'd definitely picked MBA up. (Though I still did when MBA was $1.8k)

Ironic
Dec 3, 2008, 03:43 PM
Very good price :)

Mactagonist
Dec 3, 2008, 05:07 PM
Hope that price is gone for good! :) I want to get more then that when I sell my old Rev A!

descartes
Dec 3, 2008, 05:51 PM
what happened? was it a mistake or did they just drop then raise the price? seems odd that it lasted for so short a time.

h1d
Dec 3, 2008, 06:44 PM
Maybe it had some missing items or some damage you might had to deal with but someone picked it up fast and next in stock might've been better in condition, just guessing.

drconehead2000
Dec 3, 2008, 07:44 PM
If you follow the link in the posted image, you will see it takes you to a page for employee discounts. The price listed in the image above $999 is still available to employees...just not us...

descartes
Dec 3, 2008, 08:52 PM
If you follow the link in the posted image, you will see it takes you to a page for employee discounts. The price listed in the image above $999 is still available to employees...just not us...

so was that price ever available to the general public?

Lancetx
Dec 3, 2008, 09:21 PM
so was that price ever available to the general public?

Nope...

That70sGAdawg
Dec 3, 2008, 10:31 PM
Yea, thanks Apple for sticking to us "early adopters" with a 9 month old $1800 laptop now worth...:p

Mactagonist
Dec 4, 2008, 12:16 AM
Yea, thanks Apple for sticking to us "early adopters" with a 9 month old $1800 laptop now worth...:p

It is still worth more then a 9 month old $1800 PC laptop would be!

descartes
Dec 4, 2008, 12:26 AM
It is still worth more then a 9 month old $1800 PC laptop would be!

exactly what I was thinking.

AKBigTuna
Dec 4, 2008, 01:05 AM
It gets delivered tomorrow. I went through my companies Employee Discount website. The price has been fluctuating between $999 and $1199.

I'll post tomorrow if it is complete or not.

I'll probably buy AppleCare for it and it turns out to be a lemon, perhaps I wil end up with a new one.

I wanted a light portable to augment my new MBP and year old iMac.

fyrefly
Dec 4, 2008, 02:09 AM
It gets delivered tomorrow. I went through my companies Employee Discount website. The price has been fluctuating between $999 and $1199.

I'll post tomorrow if it is complete or not.

I'll probably buy AppleCare for it and it turns out to be a lemon, perhaps I wil end up with a new one.

I wanted a light portable to augment my new MBP and year old iMac.

As I posted in another thread, it's been $999 for at least a month or so on the EPP Apple Store. Great deal if you can get it... There's lots of EPP Stores, and most are "friends and family" as well.