Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mister9

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 11, 2008
Hi, first off I'm a moron. Okay where was I... I'm a student and am basically continuously surrounded by wifi. I've had a woody about getting an iPhone for a good two years now and my contract w/ sprint runs up next week. Annyways, I decided last week to get an iPod Touch because I don't want to pay the monthly bill for an iPhone and the contract yadayada. I based this decision on what I had been reading about SIP using Fring and watching instructional videos on YouTube done by twelve year olds. I have Fring working on my personal wifi in my apt, but when I'm on campus using their unsecured network, it along with AIM doesn't seem to want to work. My plans seem to have been foiled... Anyway around this?

Also, if you haven't noticed yet I'm a bit of a spontaneous buyer and I just downloaded BeeJive because I was reading all these great things about it. It looks nice but it also doesn't work on the college's network and moreover I didn't realize it didn't offer a VOIP/SIP service... is there a return policy for the app store? Thank you for your concentration.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.