Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Vulcan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 17, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
Hey all,

I currently have a white macbook (X3100) and was wondering if it is possible to play it on the machine without getting a "this graphics card doesn't support it" message via BootCamp (no mac version yet). I do play CoD4 without any problems, while the graphics aren't the best, it is playable, and was hoping that CoD5 would be the same. Has anyone tried it yet?

Thanks!

ppc750fx

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2008
If the game doesn't support your card, you can't play it. End of of story. There are a very, very few exceptions to this rule, but there's not gonna be any magic software you can install that will give a GPU features that it doesn't have (and thus enable support for games such as CoD 5).

danvan21

macrumors regular
Mar 27, 2008
Its not Call of Duty 5, that come out next year. This is just a COD4 "upgrade" and i say "upgrade" cause the game play kinda sucks. The only way you can play it is if you play it through bootcamp on windows.

richmoe

macrumors newbie
Dec 2, 2008
Hey all,

I currently have a white macbook (X3100) and was wondering if it is possible to play it on the machine without getting a "this graphics card doesn't support it" message via BootCamp (no mac version yet). I do play CoD4 without any problems, while the graphics aren't the best, it is playable, and was hoping that CoD5 would be the same. Has anyone tried it yet?

Thanks!
Well CoD 5 runs off of the same engine used in CoD 4 so i think the game play might be the same

StuBeck

macrumors 6502a
May 6, 2008
Its not Call of Duty 5, that come out next year. This is just a COD4 "upgrade" and i say "upgrade" cause the game play kinda sucks. The only way you can play it is if you play it through bootcamp on windows.

No, its Call of Duty 5. I just wouldn't get it since the game doens't seem to great, and definitely won't play well on your system.

Vulcan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 17, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
If the game doesn't support your card, you can't play it. End of of story. There are a very, very few exceptions to this rule, but there's not gonna be any magic software you can install that will give a GPU features that it doesn't have (and thus enable support for games such as CoD 5).

My card isn't listed as supporting CoD4 but can play it with a few options turned off fine. I'm simply asking if it will be able to run it without a "card doesn't support it" message.

Suspended
Jun 16, 2008
Which version of Cod 4 are you running, mac or pc ?(under bootcamp)
thanks, I thought it wasn't possible

danvan21

macrumors regular
Mar 27, 2008
No, its Call of Duty 5. I just wouldn't get it since the game doens't seem to great, and definitely won't play well on your system.

Actualy its not call of duty 5, go to the website and look. THey should have named it that but they didnt. Its Call of Duty World at War.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.