PDA

View Full Version : Digital performer 5 destroyed me!

mystweave
Dec 3, 2008, 09:42 PM
Hello everyone, well i just spent an hour writing a new thread only to loose it ! no I'm really bummed!

To cut a long story short, i spent alot of money on my home studio and i don't have the brains to get it working ! I'm at least six months into having everything set up and have nothing to show for it ! my main hang up is getting my head around midi stuff and how to get it to bounce to disc with the other audio tracks ? do you need to make midi into an audio track to bounce to disc ? I find it hard to learn this stuff when i often don't even understand what the manual is telling me to do? need a dp for dummies ! oh i'm so lost don't know where to start or who to ask ? anyone know of any good tutorials for beginners or dvd's that speak in a newbies language ?

If i could just get the midi stuff figured out i'd have enough to start making my music and i'm sure i'd work the rest out along the way !

Well thanks for listening.
Any west australians here using dp ?

Intricut
Dec 14, 2008, 07:06 PM
All you have to do is add a stereo audio track, select the midi program L+R (that you are using through rewire) for your import on that track... and your audio out and record the midi to audio. once you have it in audio click play(blue button) on the stereo track, highlight the audio tracks you want and bounce it to disk from the audio section at the top. you can choose the file type you want, (MP3...) and choose your desktop as the location.

junior
Dec 15, 2008, 02:07 AM
I think someone asked the same question a few days ago. The answer was that you 'freeze track' the midi tracks first, then bounce.

ggm1960
Dec 22, 2008, 10:57 PM
Hello everyone, well i just spent an hour writing a new thread only to loose it ! no I'm really bummed!

To cut a long story short, i spent alot of money on my home studio and i don't have the brains to get it working ! I'm at least six months into having everything set up and have nothing to show for it ! my main hang up is getting my head around midi stuff and how to get it to bounce to disc with the other audio tracks ? do you need to make midi into an audio track to bounce to disc ? I find it hard to learn this stuff when i often don't even understand what the manual is telling me to do? need a dp for dummies ! oh i'm so lost don't know where to start or who to ask ? anyone know of any good tutorials for beginners or dvd's that speak in a newbies language ?

If i could just get the midi stuff figured out i'd have enough to start making my music and i'm sure i'd work the rest out along the way !

Well thanks for listening.
Any west australians here using dp ?

It's weird but as a guy who uses both Mac/Digital Performer/Logic Express and PC/Sonar this is one area where the PC outshines the Mac for simplicity.

ocelotl
Mar 12, 2009, 04:17 PM
I use to operate digital performer correctly until the other day when I tried to only bounce to disk my vocals without the beat/instrumental. I didn't have anything hooked up to my mbox and I was away from the studio so I thought I could do it without it being hooked up so I took my laptop out and was trying to bounce just my lyrics to disc and it let me yet there was no sound. So I thought I could just hook it back up to the proper equipment and it would repair itself and even with everything hooked up I still bounced just my vocals to disk without even a sound coming from the speakers. Am I doing something wrong? Can you help me?

ggm1960
Mar 14, 2009, 11:03 AM
If you're bouncing audio tracks set their output to an unused bus pair (bus 5-6 for example), select the track(s) you want to bounce, go to Bounce to Disk and set the source to the bus pair you used.

If you're bouncing soft synths first select and freeze the midi track (along with the soft synth track), then use the aforementioned method to bounce to disk if desired.

If you're recording external sequencers setup an audio input track, solo the desired midi track and record like any other external source.

KiD.DeeN
Mar 14, 2009, 01:58 PM
http://tweakheadz.com/guide.htm
check it out, everything you need to know.

searching the forums there will also help a lot.