Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Danraad

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 2, 2008
USA
My personal favorite happens to be Ocarina.
The fun never stops! You can always find new songs to play :D!

Watabou

macrumors 68040
Feb 10, 2008
United States
Snail mail. One of the best games in the app store, if not the best.
Ocarina
Air Sharing
Facebook
Mocha VNC
Touchpad Pro

TuffLuffJimmy

macrumors G3
Apr 6, 2007
Portland, OR
Things by far!

Things is seriously the best getting things done app for the iPhone right now (seriously omnifocus needs to tighten up their app and lower its price)

NicolasV1

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2008
Things by far!

Things is seriously the best getting things done app for the iPhone right now (seriously omnifocus needs to tighten up their app and lower its price)

A little OT, but I really can´t see how Things can be the best GTD app for the iPhone when it doesn´t even support context, tags or areas?

Don´t get me wrong I love the UI. Their interface is really the best looking and I personally used it for 3 months but functionwise they are so far behind the other top apps like RTM, todo and Omnifocus. Features like tags and areas should have been implemented long time ago.
IMO until they manage to implement those things and fix the sync process it is just a very pretty app with limited functionality compared to competeting apps

stiphone

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2008
Flick Fishing. Just lets my son and me pass time quickly. Never get bored of it.

Gokunama

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2008
For functionability RTM.

For fun Fastlane and Chess With Friends.

Fieldrunners is a close runner up.

shk718

macrumors 65816
Jun 26, 2007
BeejiveIM best instant messaging app out there (got it for 10 bucks on black Friday)

Schzam - best app for figurging out what song is playing

google - best voice activated search

evernote - great note app

dialer - best voice activated dialer app (and its free)

ereader - best ebook application (can even buy books on it and download to your phone)

whats amazing to me is most of my favorite applications are free. :)

swindmill

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2005
KY
Ledger is my most used and favorite app (finance)

Pathways is the best game I've played on the iPhone.

kas23

macrumors 603
Oct 28, 2007
Hmmm.

Google Mobile App - offers me a lot of function and connectivity.

Melodis Dialer - hands down the best voice dialer and free! Made by the same folks that made Midomi.

Accountr - don't know if it is the best budget app, but I have been using it a lot.

mBoxMail - use it a lot form my Hotmail

The Weather Channel - a lot of info packed in and free!

Path Tracker - I use this when I go for walks. I can see how far I have went and view my path on Google Maps at the same time.

Tiny Freecell - my favorite game. I'm a freecell nut.

Pandora - I don't use it much, but when I do, I love it. There's a new clone app out btw called "Finetune," check it out.

vLingo - currently exploring. Could be a solid competitor to Google's voice-activated Google Mobile App.

jaseone

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2004
Houston, USA
I'm having a weird sense of deja vu but anyway...

Going by frequency of use:

Tweetie - I've found it to be the fastest Twitter app to quickly check latest tweets and to check on replies, which is what I mainly do on the go.

BeejiveIM - No other IM app comes close, although Palringo is making ground *BUT* I am still waiting to see a revenue model from Palringo as nothing is ever free.

Remember The Milk - This should really be number 1 on my frequency used list but Getting Things Done is yet to fully win out over my procrastination, I'm trying though!

Sounds of Nature - I still prefer the UI of Ambiance but I much prefer the ocean sounds in Sounds of Nature especially the wind chimes.

MyWeather - Good to quickly check the animated radar to see what weather mother nature has in store for us, however they could really improve load times and remembering zoom levels! I really wish Weather Underground came out with a native app for weather, can't believe they did an internet radio app before a weather app!

scottwb

macrumors member
Dec 4, 2008
UK
I'm liking Ocarina (although I'm pretty crap)

Missile Command (reminds me of my youth)

Bejeweled 2

I'm also using regularly:

Vicinity

TouchTerm

Files

CoBPEZ

macrumors newbie
Dec 2, 2008
Wikiamo. There's no competition for me. I use Wikiamo all the time. It shortens the time it takes to look something up on Wikipedia by magnitutes. I love it.

When it comes to games, I've spent most time with Brain Tuner. I love simple games like that.

stockcerts

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2007
Pensacola, FL
Left one off my list previously...I also like aSleep. Some of the sounds are nice for not only sleeping, but while on an airplane. There is one sound of the beach with seagulls. This past summer I listened to that one at the pool and I felt like I was at Malibu, not my pool! :)

bengal85

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2008
USA
I like Ical and I wish that there was an Ical app for windows because I used that program so much

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.