Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

diesel

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 3, 2007
They claim that they will have 2-4 player multiplayer soon (it's in beta), and that you can download additional add-on missions so this one looks like it has really good potential, more than Strategic Assault.........purchased and downloading now.

LostLogik

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2008
I've just d/l this and must say it looks pretty slick. Only played the intro so far but well impressed. Knocks the spots off Strategic Assault.

liptonlover

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2008
This is an "old" game... it's been on the palm for years and I owned it on palm as well. It's a great game, and they did a great job with the iphone port. Just wait until they get the multiplayer on there and it'll be 99% awesome! I've always hated that the mission creator is PC only, it should be mac too, or even on device. But that's a minor thing. If you like RTS, this is a game for you!

diesel

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 3, 2007
i've been playing it for a few hours now and have to say it's awesome. it certain does blow strategic assault away. the name of the game didn't ring a bell originally but as soon as i played the first mission, i suddenly remembered playing this game back in the pocket pc days i believe and have to say, the iphone version of it is a great port. the UI and much more intuitive than the confusing strategic assault game, however my only gripe is that i hope the developer provides a method by which units can be "grouped" together and attached to a hotkey like in strategic assault.

with the downloadable mission packs and upcoming multiplayer, this is a great game for its price!!!

App1€

macrumors regular
Jun 27, 2008
anyone know where to get the actual computer game I remember playing, but haven't played it on the computer in at least 5 years

rocky19713

macrumors newbie
Dec 4, 2008
I just dled it and it is a very nice game. I wish it were better graphically.

I can deal with it because I like the gameplay.

liptonlover

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2008
You bring up graphics, which is kinda interesting. This is the second game I uesd to own on my palm that I bought for iphone, the other is fish tycoon. Both have had worse graphics than my hires palm, but better than my low res. I don't know what the two companies are thinking when they're dealing with a much more powerful device with better capabilities, but that's what they seem to have done. At least BoD didn't do that...

jrnewhouse

macrumors regular
Aug 4, 2007
snip-I've always hated that the mission creator is PC only, it should be mac too, or even on device. But that's a minor thing. If you like RTS, this is a game for you!

Actually, I have the mission creator on my Palm TX.

Exotic-Car Man

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2010
USA
Warfare Inc. is Free!

I hate to bring up an old topic, but I'd just like to point out that Warfare Incorporated is free until the end of the year! Get it while the price lasts! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.