ten million dollars

one hundred million dollars

a billion dollars

ten billion dollars

all the money in the world?

fire away!:p

Mr. Anderson
Jun 7, 2002, 12:35 PM
I'll just stick with what I play now. Every once in a while I'll by the regular lotto ticket, the one the usually comes in around 2-15 mil. I'd basically quit my job and do computer animation at home all the time.

I enjoy it enough that no amount of money would keep me away from my computer. But with the extra money, I'd be able to have some really nice machines and the best software....

And I'd put an addition on the house and travel more.

If it was a huge amount of money, I'd set up scholarships for 3D animation and some other sorts of help. You really don't need that much to live happily.

jefhatfield
Jun 7, 2002, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by dukestreet

If it was a huge amount of money, I'd set up scholarships for 3D animation and some other sorts of help. You really don't need that much to live happily.

i agree...and that's a great idea about the scholarship

anything under one hundred would go in my pocket

anything under ten grand would go to paying bills

larger amounts would go to charities first, getting a modest house second, and finally buying a tibook 800 with the adobe graphic design suite/macromedia 4 title suite/some games/and office 10

Macmaniac
Jun 7, 2002, 12:52 PM
If I won the lotto, I would open up my own Apple store, buy Macs for all the schools in my state, have the most awsome home system ever and find some way to sue Bill Gates for being richer than me, of course I would have over 40 billion dollars. I make sure my entire town used macs. Little crazy but we can all dream.

eyelikeart
Jun 7, 2002, 01:53 PM
u know...as positive as I try to be...I don't even bother playing the lotto... :rolleyes:

a good friend of mine has his "dream" of winning...he plays PowerBall & the state lottery every week...

I guess I'm just lazy in that aspect....I try to concentrate on other things...

but if I did win...I'd invest half instantly...buy into something that would pay back tenfold...

I'd still have to do some sort of work...I'd get bored as hell if I didn't have a job...

but I'd definitely take more trips to much more exotic areas of the globe...maybe spend a year in Europe... :D

iGav
Jun 7, 2002, 02:18 PM
I don't do our lotto....... :( But if I did, and I won......

I'd sort out my family and friends...... and invest heavily.......

Start my own design collective with my friends......

I'd buy myself a loft appartment in central london, overlooking the thames......

I'd like to design and build my own house in Dillion Beach, Northern California.

I'd also have loft appartments in NYC and Seattle.....

I'd have a Porsche 356 Speedster for a run about......

And I'd like to travel to the places I really want to see......... but probably never will with my lady........

King Cobra
Jun 7, 2002, 03:58 PM
I am mostly interested in three things with a winning lottery ticket:
Sharp Aquos Flat Screen TV (20 inch)
Titanium Powerbook (my parents seem to be saying "no" until I graduate)
A total fluke IF I win enough dinero: Ferrari F60.

And if there is enough extra cash to go around, a bigger billiard table, a plasma screen and a few subwoofers.

For now, I will stick with my 8 year old Sharp CRT, the 0.5GHz Cube and iBook, and my dad's corvette. I am pretty sure that I might get an audio system soon, but I do not want to be specific until I get it. :)

Fear the King.

Mr. Anderson
Jun 7, 2002, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by King Cobra
I am mostly interested in three things with a winning lottery ticket:
Sharp Aquos Flat Screen TV (20 inch)
Titanium Powerbook (my parents seem to be saying "no" until I graduate)
A total fluke IF I win enough dinero: Ferrari F60
For now, I will stick with my 8 year old Sharp CRT, the 0.5GHz Cube and iBook, and my dad's corvette. I am pretty sure that I might get an audio system soon, but I do not want to be specific until I get it.

Ah, all the good things in life. Seems most people think short term most of the time. A few mentioned investing, that's defintely the way to go. And with enough money you can be precautious and safe. Sock away a bunch and live off it for the rest of your life. The thing about the lotto or having all the money you need is it doesn't really make things any better. Just changes them.

I still can't believe that Mike Tyson managed to squander half a billion dollars, what a moron.:(

britboy
Jun 7, 2002, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by jefhatfield
what would you do if you won:

five dollars on a scratcher

I'd buy 5 more scratchers :p

If i won the lottery, i'd make sure my immediate family were sorted, put most in a high-yield account, and live off the interest. I don't play the lottery though, so there's not much chance of me winning.

mischief
Jun 7, 2002, 05:18 PM
And buy a couple Islands.........

Anyone want a house?:D

Here........ I'll build you one on Kauai next to mine........:D