Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

darkpixie08

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 6, 2006
I am currently having trouble streaming my tv shows through my ATV. My current setup is a mac mini with two external hard drives, one for movies and one for tv shows. The itunes on the mac mini refers to these two hard drives and then streams them to the ATV.

The problem is that when the ATV has been sleeping for awhile, when I wake it up and try to go to the Shared TV shows, it says that there are no TV shows in my library. If I then go to look at my shared movies, they show up fine, and then if I go back to my shared TV shows, they magically reappear.

Anyone know what might be causing this? I did recently start using the new handbrake for encoding a tv show, and I noticed the problem around the same time, could that be part of what's causing it? Is this a known issue? Thanks.

spice weasel

macrumors 65816
Jul 25, 2003
This happens to my ATV too from time to time. For some reason it's only with TV shows, same as you. I just do what you do - go to movies or something else and then come back to TV shows. It's annoying but not that big of a deal. Not sure why it happens.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.