Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

natty135

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 5, 2008
Hey guys! got abit of a problem with my new alu macbook. well recently i was carrying my macbook and walking around my living room when the power suddenly went off. it simply shut down completely by itself. anyone experienced this before?

also, does anyone know what happens when that motion sensor gets into action?

shady825

macrumors 68000
Oct 8, 2008
Area 51
Hey guys! got abit of a problem with my new alu macbook. well recently i was carrying my macbook and walking around my living room when the power suddenly went off. it simply shut down completely by itself. anyone experienced this before?

also, does anyone know what happens when that motion sensor gets into action?

We probably need more info.. Was it on? Was it in sleep? Was your battery almost dead?

As for the motion sensor, that comes into play if you were to drop your macbook. It will sense the drop and turn off the hard drive to prevent data loss.

natty135

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 5, 2008
okay my macbook was turned on battery was full wasn't really running anything just had office word up ready to sit on the couch and type some stuff then the power just popped blank

shady825

macrumors 68000
Oct 8, 2008
Area 51
okay my macbook was turned on battery was full wasn't really running anything just had office word up ready to sit on the couch and type some stuff then the power just popped blank

hhhmmmmm... I'm not sure then. I guess if you sat down quickly it could of tripped the motion sensor but i dont know if that would turn off the macbook as well. I think the sensor just tells the hard drive to stop. Im honestly not too sure.. Give it a little bit and someone with more knowledge on this subject will answer...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.