PDA

View Full Version : Power Support Air Jacket woes...

abijnk
Dec 5, 2008, 10:25 AM
I picked up the Power Suppoort Air jAcket set in matte black on November 22 (please note that the date of purchase is less than 2 weeks ago). I really like the case for my purposes. It is great scratch protection, and I can still put it in my hip holster (excessive, maybe, but when you don't have pockets...), however, like the matte black incase slider, the matte is peeling off.

Buyer beware, I guess. :cool:

acousticbiker
Dec 5, 2008, 10:59 PM
I've had one for about 4 months without any problems. But I remember in a different thread someone reporting this problem to Power Support and being sent a replacement...

abijnk
Dec 6, 2008, 06:23 PM
Yeah, I emailed them and they are replacing it no question, but it seems like its the same issue as the Incase Slider of the same color. It is a coating instead of actual colored plastic, so its going to peel eventually no matter what.

acousticbiker
Dec 6, 2008, 07:57 PM
Actually, I've had abrasions to my coating which reveal a shinier black underneath...

abijnk
Dec 6, 2008, 09:32 PM
Actually, I've had abrasions to my coating which reveal a shinier black underneath...

Very curious. Mine is clear underneath the black coating, which looks REALLY bad. Maybe they have changed the way they are making them along the way. Nevertheless, I was pretty bummed about it going to crap in 2 weeks.

acousticbiker
Dec 7, 2008, 11:18 PM
I got mine back in August when they were first released...hopefully they haven't gone backwards in their production processes!

navigates
Dec 10, 2008, 11:18 PM
I had my powerjacket replaced and they confirmed that the new shipments have a double coat to avoid the peeling issue. In my case they sent me a new one without me sending in my old one, so I'm still using the old one. :)