Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RahX

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 5, 2008
i've been searching on ebay for the zeroshock sleeve for the new macbook, but only one they have for 13.3 is the one for macbook air, the dimension is a little smaller, anyone who have this case can tell me if it willl fit the new macbook?

thanks

California

macrumors 68040
Aug 21, 2004
Try eBay. I got the orange one for the original macbook for my al mac book.

Love Zeroshock cases.

P.S. if I keep the mac book, I am going to take the foam out of the original box and put it in the case to make up the small height difference between the plastic macbook and al macbook for the zeroshock. Also because it has a zippered side, you can stuff things in there to make up this slight difference in height of the cases.

maximumsportz

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2008
Try eBay. I got the orange one for the original macbook for my al mac book.

Love Zeroshock cases.

P.S. if I keep the mac book, I am going to take the foam out of the original box and put it in the case to make up the small height difference between the plastic macbook and al macbook for the zeroshock. Also because it has a zippered side, you can stuff things in there to make up this slight difference in height of the cases.

I just bought one also for my alu macbook on ebay it said 13.3" is the extra space really bad? Lots of movement? Looks like a solid sleeve that does the job and protects.

tomasor

macrumors newbie
Apr 4, 2009
hey guys, have you seen the new zeroshock macbook case?? I think that one fits the new alu macbook pretty good. it says it fits the macbook and the macbook air. So I think this one is a little smaller than the zeroshock III 13 cause they made it specifically for the new macbook. Im considering to get one of these, theres also a great one from wardmaster, it looks well built, however i havent seen in person any of these 2.

Heimlich

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2008
I actually have been using one of those new zeroshock for the macbook for about a month now. Ill try to show u some pics of em. Yeah it's the one labeled zeroshock for macbook 13 inch.

Heimlich

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2008
as you can see. it is not a perfect fit. But you don't really notice once it's inside and zipped up. It doesn't really move once it's inside cuz of the small hills inside.
Overall i like the case and i need the protection, since i just throw it in a thin backpack

scubasteve03

macrumors 6502
Dec 16, 2008
Tulsa, OK
I have the orange one and it's my favorite. I have dropped it several times and nothing happened. It has a very dense memory foam inside that absorbs any shock. I have 4 other sleeves and this is the only one I will use.

iMav

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2008
Columbus, WI
More praise for the ZeroShock cases. I don't buy a new laptop without one. They are absolutely great. (and the 13.3" case is a decent fit for the new MacBooks (and old ones as well)).

tomasor

macrumors newbie
Apr 4, 2009
as you can see. it is not a perfect fit. But you don't really notice once it's inside and zipped up. It doesn't really move once it's inside cuz of the small hills inside.
Overall i like the case and i need the protection, since i just throw it in a thin backpack

thank you, thank you, thank you for posting this, the exact same case Im looking for. I dont know either to get this one or the one from wardmaster, your pictures are great, been looking for some for a while. Please let us know how it works for you. What about the memory foam, is it too rough?? i heard a complaint that it was too hard, how is it in terms of quality and softness?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.