PDA

View Full Version : O.J. Simpson: Sentenced to at least 15 years in prison.

Unspeaked
Dec 5, 2008, 12:55 PM
LINK (http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iUNgbOr-2bnpFUX0MiII6je2CkRAD94SNBQG0)

O.J. Simpson sentenced to at least 15 years

By KEN RITTER

LAS VEGAS (AP — A broken O.J. Simpson has been sentenced to at least 15 years in prison for a Las Vegas hotel armed robbery by a judge who rejected his apology and said, "It was much more than stupidity."

Simpson stood stone-faced Friday when Judge Jackie Glass quickly rattled off his punishment after he pleaded with her that he didn't mean to steal from anybody when he tried to retrieve memorabilia.

He appeared ready to break down in tears as he told that he was "sorry and confused" before going into a rambling and emotional 5-minute declaration.

"I didn't want to steal anything from anyone ... I'm sorry, sorry," he said.

Glass ruled before sentencing that Simpson cannot be freed on bail pending possible appeal.

LAS VEGAS (AP — O.J. Simpson has apologized to the judge at his sentencing hearing and says he didn't mean to steal from anybody when he tried to retrieve memorabilia.

Simpson made his statement before sentencing Friday in his armed robber case in a soft voice that was somewhat hoarse.

He appeared ready to break down in tears as he told Clark County District Court Judge Jackie Glass that he was "sorry and confused" before going into a rambling and emotional 5-minute declaration.

"I didn't want to steal anything from anyone ... I'm sorry, sorry," he said.

Judge Glass ruled before sentencing that Simpson cannot be freed on bail pending possible appeal.

Blue Velvet
Dec 5, 2008, 01:00 PM
Both him and Clarence Stewart are eligible for parole in six years, according to The Guardian...

On Tuesday, (Judge) Jackie Glass is scheduled to sentence those who agreed to testify against Simpson and Stewart.

Glass made it clear that she was sentencing Simpson solely for the case in Las Vegas, and not for any of his past actions.

"I'm not here to sentence Mr Simpson for what happened previously," she said. "I'm not here to try and cause any retribution or any payback for anything else."

Sun Baked
Dec 5, 2008, 01:03 PM
Need some OJ t-shirts...

What happens in Vegas, can get you a stay in a Vegas lockup.

themoonisdown09
Dec 5, 2008, 01:15 PM
I guess he thought he could get away without being caught. He guessed wrong. It's almost like this guy thinks he can get away with anything... even murder.

jonbravo77
Dec 5, 2008, 01:21 PM
Na na na naaaa, hey hey hey, goodbye... Sorry, but tired of seeing his name in the news.

rdowns
Dec 5, 2008, 01:21 PM
I agree. After getting away with murder, he probably felt he was untouchable.

OllyW
Dec 5, 2008, 01:42 PM
I guess this (http://www.dickipedia.org/dick.php?title=O.J._Simpson) needs updating. :)

mactastic
Dec 5, 2008, 02:31 PM
Not much else to say but
http://a0.vox.com/6a00c2251ce3f4f21900e398f379e80004-320pi

erickkoch
Dec 5, 2008, 03:56 PM
He'll be eligible for parole after nine years so he can resume looking for the "real killer".

william sire
Dec 5, 2008, 04:48 PM
15 years too few and 13 years too late. Nonetheless... Good news.

CalBoy
Dec 5, 2008, 05:05 PM
Seems to me he was sentenced based off of what happened in 1994.

Unless Clark County is now going to sentence all armed robbers to 15 years...

mactastic
Dec 5, 2008, 05:16 PM
Seems to me he was sentenced based off of what happened in 1994.

Unless Clark County is now going to sentence all armed robbers to 15 years...
Actually, the judge took care to note (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28067187/) that she was NOT sentencing him for prior acts:
The judge said several times that her sentence in the Las Vegas case had nothing to do with Simpson’s 1995 acquittal in the slaying of his ex-wife Nicole Brown Simpson and her friend Ronald Goldman.

“I’m not here to try and cause any retribution or any payback for anything else,” Glass said.
She just happens to be a hard-ass when it comes to sentencing, as it turns out. I'm guessing anyone who showed up in her court on similar charges would get a similar term from her.
Glass, a no-nonsense judge known for tough sentences, imposed such a complex series of consecutive and concurrent sentences that even many lawyers watching the case were confused as to how much time Simpson got.

CalBoy
Dec 5, 2008, 05:22 PM
Actually, the judge took care to note (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28067187/) that she was NOT sentencing him for prior acts:

She just happens to be a hard-ass when it comes to sentencing, as it turns out. I'm guessing anyone who showed up in her court on similar charges would get a similar term from her.

Huh, well I guess I feel better then. :)

I didn't want him to be sentenced more because of the events of the past, but seeing as how he could have gotten a longer sentence, I'd say that is settled.

MacNut
Dec 5, 2008, 05:45 PM
At least he won't have far to go to find "real killers".

And now for some O.J. Simpson prison juicing jokes.:p

NT1440
Dec 5, 2008, 05:51 PM
This man must be the dumbest person in the world. He had it ALL, money, girls, whatever he wanted. THEN he somehow gets off on MURDER!

You'd think you would lay low for the rest of your life after that, seriously, not even jay walk.

But NOOOOO im sure that stupid memorabilia is worth it tho right?:rolleyes:

iJohnHenry
Dec 5, 2008, 06:01 PM
He had the debt of the Goldman's judgement to discharge.

I expect he was looking for money lost in "giving" away valuable NFL assets for a song.

rdowns
Dec 5, 2008, 06:05 PM
Dear OJ:

Couldn't let you go off to prison without this.

Best,
rdowns

http://www.heavenlyhandmadesoaps.com/graphics/d11.jpg

MacNut
Dec 5, 2008, 06:14 PM
I was gonna say OJ freshly squeezed.:D

EricNau
Dec 5, 2008, 06:20 PM
Karma's a bitch, isn't it OJ?

NT1440
Dec 5, 2008, 06:26 PM
Karma's a bitch, isn't it OJ?

No, hes probably going to wind up being Joseph Karma's bitch when hes in the slammer.;)

themoonisdown09
Dec 5, 2008, 06:28 PM
He's just been juiced!

BlackSnow
Dec 5, 2008, 06:39 PM
Noob. Getting caught twice, you think he would not commit a crime again or at least be smart about the second time. Then he basically beg to the Judge when he gets caught.
Noob.

Gray-Wolf
Dec 5, 2008, 06:58 PM
He could not go through the courts to get the stuff back, as it would have to be sold to pay the money owed the Goldman family.

NT1440
Dec 5, 2008, 07:02 PM
He could not go through the courts to get the stuff back, as it would have to be sold to pay the money owed the Goldman family.

So he shouldnt have stolen.....

Its his fault he owed the goldman family in the first place.

Schtumple
Dec 5, 2008, 07:02 PM
OWNED!

I hate that word, but it's pretty fitting here. Karma works in mysterious ways eh?

Iscariot
Dec 5, 2008, 07:12 PM
Huh, well I guess I feel better then. :)

I didn't want him to be sentenced more because of the events of the past, but seeing as how he could have gotten a longer sentence, I'd say that is settled.

I watched a report on this today at the gym, they were really driving home that Judge Glass tends to hand out harsh sentences. She berated Mr. Simpson for his arrogance and ignorance, and Judge Judy proceeded to exclaim "oh no she didn'ah!"

CalBoy
Dec 5, 2008, 07:21 PM
I watched a report on this today at the gym, they were really driving home that Judge Glass tends to hand out harsh sentences. She berated Mr. Simpson for his arrogance and ignorance, and Judge Judy proceeded to exclaim "oh no she didn'ah!"

Really, Judge Judy?

I didn't picture her as the type to show emotion. :p

bbotte
Dec 5, 2008, 07:28 PM
COme on Bush, Pardon him!

yg17
Dec 5, 2008, 10:00 PM
Good. I hope he ends up spending the rest of his life in his new home.

JW8725
Dec 5, 2008, 10:22 PM
Poor guy, first the death of his wife and now this.

NT1440
Dec 5, 2008, 10:29 PM

i LOL'ed:D

motulist
Dec 5, 2008, 10:31 PM

Ba-Dump-Bump.

ra noodle
Dec 6, 2008, 12:36 AM
having skimmed some of the comments....has anyone ever heard of sherman sckonick? anyway before he died he wrote a lot about Simpson and even a book on the alleged murders THAT HE DID NOT COMMIT!!
REPEAT SIMPSON DID NOT KILL HIS WIFE...BUT: he saw it happened because he had hired a private investigator to find out what his wife was doing and discovered the drug network that was all around that scene, and that Goldman punk was dealing and so was she and one of her friends....this punk pulled some s&^% that the drug network and the kingpins didn't like what this Goldman punk pulled and to make it clear these drug kings meant business they had hired killers knife this Goldman punk and unfortunately Simpsons wife and he saw all this and couldn't do a thing to stop it because the fact is half of the legal parties in that trial were involved in one way or the other with the drug distribution...its the Goldman's who are the evil ones, and its why Leno and others make fun of Simpson because they all know who runs the drugs....people outright stole everything from Simpson and he made some wrong mistakes trying to get what was stolen from him back...it's a sick and ugly reflection of a fact of life many don't want to know about....Simpson may very well be killed in jail to shut him up from telling what he knows because they told him if he did his kids were dead---so what would you do?

yg17
Dec 6, 2008, 12:39 AM
having skimmed some of the comments....has anyone ever heard of sherman sckonick? anyway before he died he wrote a lot about Simpson and even a book on the alleged murders THAT HE DID NOT COMMIT!!
REPEAT SIMPSON DID NOT KILL HIS WIFE...BUT: he saw it happened because he had hired a private investigator to find out what his wife was doing and discovered the drug network that was all around that scene, and that Goldman punk was dealing and so was she and one of her friends....this punk pulled some s&^% that the drug network and the kingpins didn't like what this Goldman punk pulled and to make it clear these drug kings meant business they had hired killers knife this Goldman punk and unfortunately Simpsons wife and he saw all this and couldn't do a thing to stop it because the fact is half of the legal parties in that trial were involved in one way or the other with the drug distribution...its the Goldman's who are the evil ones, and its why Leno and others make fun of Simpson because they all know who runs the drugs....people outright stole everything from Simpson and he made some wrong mistakes trying to get what was stolen from him back...it's a sick and ugly reflection of a fact of life many don't want to know about....Simpson may very well be killed in jail to shut him up from telling what he knows because they told him if he did his kids were dead---so what would you do?

http://akultura.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/tinfoil-hat.jpg

JW8725
Dec 6, 2008, 12:41 AM

Nope you are absolutely wrong. It was a member on this forum who did the wife not OJ. Orange Juice was out playing ball at the time.

ogbuke
Dec 6, 2008, 11:52 AM
This man must be the dumbest person in the world. He had it ALL, money, girls, whatever he wanted. THEN he somehow gets off on MURDER!

You'd think you would lay low for the rest of your life after that, seriously, not even jay walk.

But NOOOOO im sure that stupid memorabilia is worth it tho right?:rolleyes:

Well said, the dude should had laid low and even moved out of the States to some Carribean island or somewhere but instead his stupidity wouldn't let him..

I'm 5 ft 8
Dec 13, 2008, 10:41 AM
Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. Now who is going to look for the real killer ?:p