Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheZimm

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
What do you think of the series' icons?

Would you rather have this one?

iDictiTunes.png

Zym

TheZimm

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
Font looks really cheesy.

If your talking about the first pic, then I had already changed that. The developer had already asked me to change it. What about the second pic? Would you like that on your homescreen?

Zym

cWeems

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2008
FLORIDA, USA
too many colors, little crowded looking.

just doesnt look clean enough to be on the front page, thats what u gotta shoot for!

TheZimm

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
New!

Okay, well I've took in some suggestions, and here's what I've come out with:

for iTunes:
iDictiTunes-1.png

for iPhone:
iDictiPhone-1.png

I think they're better. R-Fly thank you very much for pointing out the bubble wrap stuff. IMO it looks much better without it.

Better, worse?

Thanks,

Zym

mavis

macrumors 601
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
Better, worse?
Personally, I think the icon looks ok at 512px (needs a better mask though!) but bad at 59px (or whatever the iPhone's odd icon size is) ... At that low resolution, you can't even tell that it's a globe! The multi-colored continents are impossible to distinguish, and the text doesn't stand out enough (try a small white glow around the text to isolate it) ...

You might try something that'll fit in more with the other icons, perhaps a squared globe/map with the text running across? Simple is good.

TheZimm

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
Personally, I think the icon looks ok at 512px (needs a better mask though!) but bad at 59px (or whatever the iPhone's odd icon size is) ... At that low resolution, you can't even tell that it's a globe! The multi-colored continents are impossible to distinguish, and the text doesn't stand out enough (try a small white glow around the text to isolate it) ...

You might try something that'll fit in more with the other icons, perhaps a squared globe/map with the text running across? Simple is good.

Hopefully I fixed the mask, I think I did(but what do I know =]) The little picture that I gave is at the iphone's resolution. I did the text thing like you said. What does the globe look like then? Is it at all better?

Here's my newer pictures:
iDictiPhone-3.png
iPhone#1
iDictiPhone-2.png
iPhone#2
iDictiTunes-2.png
iTunes

Should I maybe make the globe bigger, like this?
iDictiPhone2.png
iPhone#3

Thanks for all the great feedback

Zym

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.