Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HagridUK

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 27, 2008
I am so mad at Apple. I don't know what is going on.
I cannot purchase any longer from Itunes as it costantly asks me to confirm my credit card details, which by the way I never changed in first istance.
I sent 3 emails, I repeat 3 emails to Apple and they never came back to me with an answer.

This is what I received as an automated reply and then silence all time.

I don't know what else to do.
I already email 3 times. I went to the Genius bar and they told me there is nothing they can do!

Do you have any tip?
Thanks

Dear customer,

This is an automated reply, but an iTunes Store representative will be reviewing your request and will send you a personal response soon (generally within 24 hours). Meanwhile, you may find the following articles helpful. They address several common questions from customers:

Ivan P

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Home
...if Apple decides to even do anything about the problem.

I called them a week ago regarding an iPod they damage while it was being serviced, a technician said they'd call back ASAP and I'm yet to hear anything.

Hope they don't screw you over.

Electro Funk

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2005
The Opium Garden
apple support seems to get worse every year.

i miss when i could walk into an apple store and actually get some help instead of making an appointment, and still waiting an hour just to speak to someone at the pompous bar.

Genius my buttox...

SnowLeopard2008

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2008
Silicon Valley
^ which is why you don't have any. honestly, I went to my genius bar a few times. Gets better and better each year. try to solve the issue yourself first. but then again, saying it's the "pompous bar" I doubt your computer knowledge as should others.

plumbingandtech

macrumors 68000
Jun 20, 2007
apple support seems to get worse every year.

i miss when i could walk into an apple store and actually get some help instead of making an appointment, and still waiting an hour just to speak to someone at the pompous bar.

Genius my buttox...

They've solved my problems every time so far.

Then again, I don't go in there with an attitude they are pompous unlike some here.

Bobioden

macrumors 68000
Sep 23, 2007
Denver
I sent 3 emails, I repeat 3 emails to Apple and they never came back to me with an answer.

Dear customer,

This is an automated reply, but an iTunes Store representative will be reviewing your request and will send you a personal response soon (generally within 24 hours). Meanwhile, you may find the following articles helpful. They address several common questions from customers:

That looks like a response to me. Why not give it 24 hours.

HagridUK

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 27, 2008
That looks like a response to me. Why not give it 24 hours.

Because that email was sent on 3rd December!
I have given 48hrs!

Anyway I am not bashing Apple in general. I recently had a problem with my Macbook and the Genius bar was awesome!

Anyway better I call the 0800 number now

agurlnamedgoo

macrumors member
Dec 3, 2008
I was having an issue with iTunes a few times... I'd preview a video and click the "purchase" button and it'd say that my balance was not available at that time. I had to go back to the beginning of the store, search the video, and purchase it from the list. I didn't bother trying to purchase from the preview again.
I don't mean to sound like those bozos who ask "did you check if the power is turned on?" but, it may help to log out of iTunes, quit the program, reboot the machine, and try it again. Try it from a friend's computer, also, to see if it's a problem with iTunes or a problem with your computer.

I, personally, reboot my machine something like once every few months. After a certain amount of time of things being on, stuff just starts running a little odd sometimes haha... like every few weeks, iTunes will decide IT WILL NOT CLOSE! No matter how many times I hit quit... it quits, and 45 seconds later it opens again. I either live with iTunes being open, or reboot. :)

agurlnamedgoo

macrumors member
Dec 3, 2008
Also, just wanted to suggest something else...
declaring anti-apple slurs on a mac forum... well, how often do flies go to vinegar?

dubhe

macrumors 65816
May 1, 2007
Norwich, UK
I had a problem with a game I bought on iTunes, I emailed apple and they got back within the day and let me download it again for free. No problems.

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2008
UK
I've never, ever had a problem with Apple support. They have 99% of the time been prompt and swift in helping me out.

If it does not want to accept your credit card details and they don't want to help you fix that so you can spend money in their online store, then simply don't use it. Their loss.

If you want MP3 downloads, then you can download DRM free, 320Kbps, 69p songs from HMV.co.uk. If you ever lose your downloads, it lets you download them again, free! There is also Amazon.co.uk MP3, where every song is 59p. I'm so glad I've found these alternatives, now if I ever decide to get something other then an iPod (god forbid) I will be able to play my music on it, rather than have DRM'd songs.

If you want to use the Apple Online Retail Store, then just use Amazon.co.uk, most of the Apple stuff on there is about a tenner cheaper than Apple Online anyway and Amazon has an amazing returns policy/system.

GL!

vandlism

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2007
I cannot purchase any longer from Itunes as it costantly asks me to confirm my credit card details, which by the way I never changed in first istance.

I don't know what else to do.
I already email 3 times. I went to the Genius bar and they told me there is nothing they can do!

Consider the Genius Bar an extension of AppleCare. Technical support for your Mac, iPod, iPhone, etc. There truly is nothing they can do to help you out with your iTunes issues other than direct you to the correct channel. iTunes support is strictly web-based (as far as I know) just using emails and whatnot. If you submitted your claim (3 times it sounds like) then wait patiently for a response. It's a busy time of the year (holiday season) and they get to items when they can. In the mean time, I would suggest re-entering all of your credit card data and making sure it is accurate and current. There could easily be an issue if your credit card recently expired.

agurlnamedgoo

macrumors member
Dec 3, 2008
Hagrid - we haven't heard from you in a while. Did they get back to you? Did you take anyone's advice from the board? Are you still having the problem? LoL

Bmode

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2004
California, USA
I've had my issues with Apple too, and the staff at the Genius bar is not so genius I agree, I have shoes older than the last kid who helped me, but I'd still rather deal with Apple than anyone else! My BootCamp partition crashed and I had to re-install Windoze, at least with Apple software you don't have to call a support line and get 500 numbers to re-install the OS!!! I love you Apple.

Electro Funk

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2005
The Opium Garden
^ which is why you don't have any. honestly, I went to my genius bar a few times. Gets better and better each year. try to solve the issue yourself first. but then again, saying it's the "pompous bar" I doubt your computer knowledge as should others.

uhhh yeah... i sell structured cabling systems as my day job, and would bet everything in my savings account that my computer knowledge is far superior than yours. i bought my first apple in the early 90's. and usually do "solve all my issues myself" the last time i had to go there was to get them to open up the case on an older TI PB G4 that the screen had broken on. i didn't have the torque driver that they used for those machines.

i had bought a replacement macbook to compliment my iMac, and Mac Pro. when i bought the MacBook, they said bring the TI PB back tomorrow and we will open up the case for you so you can grab the HD and recover whatever you need from it. the next day when i went back, no one wanted to do it for me. when i stated what the young lady said to me the day before (when i spent 1500.00) they asked to see my receipt. i didnt have it on me. i kindly asked them to look at their sales from yesterday and check my last name and they would see that i had just bought a new machine and that they had told me to bring the TI PB G4 in and they would open the case for me. the answer i got was, we are not able to do that sir, we can not look at the sales records. yeah, ok... you sell thousands of dollars of merchandise a day and don't keep track of it? They just didn't want to do it.

i don't know why i am even taking the time to explain this...

there is is reason i don't post here often anymore.

you are a good example..

i make one comment how apple support if far inferior to many other companies these days, and all of a sudden i know nothing about computers.

do you work at a genius bar by chance?

good day.

miles01110

macrumors Core
Jul 24, 2006
The Ivory Tower (I'm not coming down)
i make one comment how apple support if far inferior to many other companies these days, and all of a sudden i know nothing about computers.

The reason why this argument doesn't hold water is that customer service isn't something you can quantify. Honestly, how can you really say "Apple customer service is far inferior to many other companies?" How many other companies? What criteria are you using to draw this conclusion?

Maybe just because Apple didn't treat you as you expected while other people might have had their problem solved immediately doesn't give the argument any credit. You could say "I had problems with Apple support" or something of that nature and be done with it instead of making blanket statements you can't defend.

I've never had problems with Apple Support, but I've always been under AppleCare when I went to them. Actually that's a lie- one time I went to the Genius Bar to see if they would replace a MBP battery that had run down to 40% capacity after 120 cycles but they said it wasn't covered under warranty because it's a readily replaceable part. Whatever- no big deal. I've had the DVD drive and the logic board replaced with barely any hesitation after the techs ran their own diagnostics. In my opinion, Apple support has been very good.

Electro Funk

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2005
The Opium Garden
They've solved my problems every time so far.

Then again, I don't go in there with an attitude they are pompous unlike some here.

when did i ever mention i went in there with an attitude?

i spent a good chunk of money and was very polite... it was the people at the apple store that had the attitude.

i would be willing to bet i have been patronizing apple computers products/services longer than both of you have been using computers.

god forbid i hurt any fanboys feelings with stating the truths regarding my local apple store.

northy124

macrumors 68020
Nov 18, 2007
Apple support does suck I called up about a faulty power cable that melted and burned my bed covers and I got told I need to buy a new one and get Apple Care in future, I'm like WTF you f***ing idiot, I could sue for this (I wish I had actually although it was only last week might still have time:))

Electro Funk

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2005
The Opium Garden
The reason why this argument doesn't hold water is that customer service isn't something you can quantify. Honestly, how can you really say "Apple customer service is far inferior to many other companies?" How many other companies? What criteria are you using to draw this conclusion?

Maybe just because Apple didn't treat you as you expected while other people might have had their problem solved immediately doesn't give the argument any credit. You could say "I had problems with Apple support" or something of that nature and be done with it instead of making blanket statements you can't defend.

I've never had problems with Apple Support, but I've always been under AppleCare when I went to them. Actually that's a lie- one time I went to the Genius Bar to see if they would replace a MBP battery that had run down to 40% capacity after 120 cycles but they said it wasn't covered under warranty because it's a readily replaceable part. Whatever- no big deal. I've had the DVD drive and the logic board replaced with barely any hesitation after the techs ran their own diagnostics. In my opinion, Apple support has been very good.

maybe i should have been more clear... i am speaking of my local apple store and their genius bar. obviously, the 2 times i have ever had to take a machine in for some sort of repair. (both in the last 2 years) i went to the local store (which would make sense) and i have no experience with other stores. (i make most of my purchases online, only once have i bought any products at an apple store)

maybe it is just my local store, which could certainly be the case. i have no experience with any other apple store but the two that are in my city. i have also never had to call apple support over the phone.

and i too have had to have a super drive replaced, as it was scratching all of my CD's/DVD's while spinning. this was a known issue by many, including apple. (but of course, they had no idea about this issue when i took the machine in) they did end up replacing it after 4 people and a manager tooled around with it for 2 hours and finally replicated the issue. (putting in a cd and then looking at the obvious scratches on it after letting it play for a while)

when there is a known issue, should they not know about it? i mean, they are geniuses and all...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.