PDA

View Full Version : Tyson vs. Lewis?

clubmedia
Jun 7, 2002, 02:13 PM
i am gonna eat his children (http://www.giantfight.com/newstoday/tyson_crazy_talk.mp3)

who do you think is gonna win...

Mr. Anderson
Jun 7, 2002, 02:15 PM
I seriously hope Tyson gets his head handed to him and decides to drop out of the ring permanently. He's a fool and not someone that people should look to as a role model for boxing....

krossfyter
Jun 7, 2002, 02:26 PM
mike tyson is not mother teressa nor is he chales manson. his a boxer who is a type 2 manic depressive. however he shouldnt be excused for the wrong his done is society. however in the ring...the dude is a the toughest of them all. he doesn play by the rules like all the other prepie boy boxers do and he is real. mohammed ali was show. tyson is FOR REAL. tyson is the most entertaining boxer of all time...because he is so real about it. his kinda of like a cirucus act...a walking time bomb..you never know whats going to happen but you know something is going to happen. cant say that with all the other average normal boring boxers out there.
If tyson is not on his medicene ....that lithium stuff they put him on....then he will win.... infact if he is not affected by that drug during fight time he is...UNSTOPABLE.

did you know that hemingway had the same mental sickness as tyson.

krossfyter
Jun 7, 2002, 02:33 PM
if lennox lasts more tha 5 rounds with tyson....his chances of winning just shot through the roof.

if lennox fights like he usually does...cautious....then he will loose with tyson.
one punch by tyson and it will be all over. lennox has to not be so defenesive and take control of the offensive if he wants to win. because the minute tyson sees lennox has being cautious...(his usual fighting style) tyson will jack him up. Tysons got the best punch in the history of boxing. he may not be a moral person....but he sure as hell can hit.

Mr. Anderson
Jun 7, 2002, 02:44 PM
I guess I have too problems with the fight, 1, I don't really care for boxing, not my bag, baby. and 2nd, Tyson is an excon, psychopathic fool who managed to blow through almost half a billion dollars in winnings. Sorry, no respect for me.

He needs this fight and the money it will get him - win or lose - to help get him out of his money problems, its amazing.....

eyelikeart
Jun 7, 2002, 03:11 PM
I've completely lost all respect for Tyson. He's turned into such a friggin' nutball ever since he got out of jail. The Holyfield fight was freaky enough...

I hope he gets his @ss handed to him... :eek: :cool:

clubmedia
Jun 7, 2002, 03:13 PM
i don't know who is gonna win. liking or disliking the individual is just a part of the game. i know i would definately want to keep tyson at least at an arms reach. i think lewis could take him though. he fights smart. but then again... smarts can't stop a right hand with the force of a train.

eyelikeart
Jun 7, 2002, 03:19 PM
Well Tyson is honestly dumb as a stump...sorry..but it's true. It's such a shame to see someone with the potential to have been the greatest fighter to ever walk the earth have it all go down the drain because he cannot control himself...:rolleyes:

britboy
Jun 7, 2002, 03:22 PM
I have no real interest in boxing (if two guys want to punch the living daylights out of each other, do it behing the pub...), but because he's british, i'll nominate Lewis :D

As much as i know, and care to know, about Tyson is that he used to be the champion, got jailed for rape, bit of Holyfield's ear, and is a nut-case. He should be banned from partaking in public sports.

Oh yes, and he speaks like a girl :D

Mr. Anderson
Jun 7, 2002, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by britboy

yes and everyone knows that, but you can't exactly tell him to his face, now can you?

britboy
Jun 7, 2002, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by dukestreet

yes and everyone knows that, but you can't exactly tell him to his face, now can you?

Unless he's behind bars at the time ;)

Mr. Anderson
Jun 7, 2002, 03:30 PM

Unless he's behind bars at the time ;)

sure, you'd be safe for a while, but you know he somehow manage to find you and *explain* what he thinks about your telling him he talks like a girl...

clubmedia
Jun 7, 2002, 03:36 PM
is it being as talked up in england as it is over here?

mischief
Jun 7, 2002, 06:11 PM
It's too bad the dogs were put down but here's a little Draconian justice for you:

Lets put those 2 Presa Canario Pitbulls in a cage with Tyson. We'll give him some chaps........ so he has a chance.:D

Hey, they have the same uncorrectable impulse-control problem (prey drive).

:eek: ;) :rolleyes:

krossfyter
Jun 7, 2002, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by eyelikeart
Well Tyson is honestly dumb as a stump...sorry..but it's true. It's such a shame to see someone with the potential to have been the greatest fighter to ever walk the earth have it all go down the drain because he cannot control himself...:rolleyes:

the reason he has trouble controlling hims self is because he is a bi polar manic depresive.

only 2 million people in america have that problems and ONLY 5 other people out of that 2 million are like tyson in america.... where one side is a violent depressive and the other side is genious....(more energy then normal people to get the job done with). people who climb to the top of the busisness world do it easily if there are bipolar and especially easy if they are a type 2.

while i whole heartedly do not agree with his views on woman or certain things...etc. etc. i AWKNOLEDGE the fact that he is one of the best fighters in the ring because of his mental disorder. if he did not have a mental disorder he would be just NORMAL boxer...like LENNOX ....and would not be the fighter he is or was. they have to put him on lithium so he can control himself....outside of the ring. but while he is going to fight they try and take him off...so he can ROCK AND ROLL. most all the losses his had is the result of the uncertainty of regualting him with lithium as well it resulted in his violent patheteic behavior. this uncertainty with regualting his mood with lithuim or what not is very dangerous.... becuase you dont know whats going to happen at times. if he was off the drug he would probably KILL HIMSELF.... Hemingway did... he shot himself. Hemingway had the same disorder. So as a result of taking the drug he has a dynamic polar personality...one minute nice and quiet the next agressive and upset.
Its for this reason ....this disorder that he has... is why he is such an IMPRESSIVE BOXER. In my book..... TYSON without lithium in his system in the ring is UNSTOPABLE...with lithuim he has lost his drive and becomes a beatable boxer. Lennox doesnt stand a freking chance against him if he (tyson) does not have any lithuim in his system. Lennox is just an average heavyweight boxer who is to CAUTIOUS to be exiting and original.

I dont really care who wins...i just know that if TYSON is in his game .....

ITS OVER LENNOX.

krossfyter
Jun 7, 2002, 06:19 PM
I have no real interest in boxing (if two guys want to punch the living daylights out of each other, do it behing the pub...), but because he's british, i'll nominate Lewis :D

As much as i know, and care to know, about Tyson is that he used to be the champion, got jailed for rape, bit of Holyfield's ear, and is a nut-case. He should be banned from partaking in public sports.

i hear britian doesnt respect lennox as they used to. whats the story on this? it seems they dog him as much as people in america dig tyson. i could be wrong.

krossfyter
Jun 7, 2002, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by clubmedia
i am gonna eat his children (http://www.giantfight.com/newstoday/tyson_crazy_talk.mp3)

who do you think is gonna win...

that little audio excpert that you linked missed one dynamic part....

at the end right after tyson says "i want to eat his children" he says ...

"Praise be to Allah"...

now that cracked me up man. really. all that he said cracked me up in the first place...and then he goes and menions Allah... as if Allah would aprove of him eating children. ....CRACKED ME THE HELL UP. :D :D :D :D

regardless if you like tyson or not....

he is certianly the most INTERESTING Charachter to be in the ring....more entertaining then Sonny and Mohamed Alli.

Rower_CPU
Jun 7, 2002, 06:31 PM
As someone who has personal ties to the mental health community (mother, girlfriend) I have a very hard time with Tyson's behavior.

There is already enough stigma attached to mental disorders that we don't need a pit bull of a boxer making things worse. The stereotypical "madman" only solidifies the image society has of someone with a mental illness.

If Tyson seriously has bi-polar disorder, he should be getting help and not boxing. Messing with his lithium for the sake of making him a better boxer (more violent) is negligent and his trainers should be banned from the sport if they are doing that.

krossfyter
Jun 7, 2002, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Rower_CPU
As someone who has personal ties to the mental health community (mother, girlfriend) I have a very hard time with Tyson's behavior.

There is already enough stigma attached to mental disorders that we don't need a pit bull of a boxer making things worse. The stereotypical "madman" only solidifies the image society has of someone with a mental illness.

If Tyson seriously has bi-polar disorder, he should be getting help and not boxing. Messing with his lithium for the sake of making him a better boxer (more violent) is negligent and his trainers should be banned from the sport if they are doing that.

he is getting help...now. his CERTIFIED doctor has him on the stuff. as far as taking his boxing (trade) privliges away from him because of his disorder....that opens a whole new can of worms....right?

krossfyter
Jun 7, 2002, 06:48 PM

Rower_CPU
Jun 7, 2002, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by krossfyter
he is getting help...now. his CERTIFIED doctor has him on the stuff. as far as taking his boxing (trade) privliges away from him because of his disorder....that opens a whole new can of worms....right?

I said his doctors should be banned from the sport, not him. But you also have to take into consideration that if he needs to be off lithium to be competitive, he's not making the best choice for his health.

It's a question of money or mental health. Yes, he's entertaining to watch...sort of a morbid fascination to see what he's going to do next. But if it's at the cost of his life as a normal person, then people aren't looking out for him.

AmbitiousLemon
Jun 7, 2002, 06:52 PM
ive always been lewis fan. and this matchup is amazing. the madman versus the intellectual.

should prove to be very interesting.

my money is on lewis but thats just because tyson is a nut job who doesnt deserve to live in civilized society.

jelloshotsrule
Jun 7, 2002, 06:52 PM

sure, you'd be safe for a while, but you know he somehow manage to find you and *explain* what he thinks about your telling him he talks like a girl...

you think he's smart enough to remember what was said? i mean, come on.

a couple or 10 too many punches to the noggin

krossfyter
Jun 7, 2002, 06:53 PM

I said his doctors should be banned from the sport, not him. But you also have to take into consideration that if he needs to be off lithium to be competitive, he's not making the best choice for his health.

It's a question of money or mental health. Yes, he's entertaining to watch...sort of a morbid fascination to see what he's going to do next. But if it's at the cost of his life as a normal person, then people aren't looking out for him.

okay...understood. but he is getting help. thats what they wanted him to do if he was to remain boxing. im not sure if you can ban the doctors...when they are not in the sport. im not sure how that works but i would like for you to elaborate on that perspective and law if possible.

krossfyter
Jun 7, 2002, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by AmbitiousLemon
ive always been lewis fan. and this matchup is amazing. the madman versus the intellectual.

my money is on lewis but thats just because tyson is a nut job who doesnt deserve to live in civilized society.

if tyson is not allowed to live in cvilized society then all the oter bipolars are not either....seems unreasonable. he did his time. if he screws up with the law again then lock him up. im sure he will do his time again. lennox is not that intelligent....i beleive. he cant even be consistant. if lennox is intelligent (compared to mike he is though...ill give you that).... then tyson is a genious... because thats what he is classified as because of his disorder... a genious in a cerain area.... screwed up in the rest.

but yes an interesting fight.

Rower_CPU
Jun 7, 2002, 07:01 PM
okay...understood. but he is getting help. thats what they wanted him to do if he was to remain boxing. im not sure if you can ban the doctors...when they are not in the sport. im not sure how that works but i would like for you to elaborate on that perspective and law if possible.

His trainers can probably be banned from the sport. I'm no expert on boxing law, but it just seems morally wrong for the people entrusted with caring for a fighter to take advantage of him in this way.

He was entertaining when he first started, but I don't think you can compare him to Ali.

krossfyter
Jun 7, 2002, 07:14 PM

His trainers can probably be banned from the sport. I'm no expert on boxing law, but it just seems morally wrong for the people entrusted with caring for a fighter to take advantage of him in this way.

He was entertaining when he first started, but I don't think you can compare him to Ali.

sure you can. he is entertianing...isnt he? well then there you go... a comparison can be made....now wither or not you like allis entertianment more is a different story....goes into relative waters. alli was more of a show boat.....tyson is real all around...what he says ....he does!! heh!

check...

Danger Surrounds Tyson-Lewis Fight
By GREG BEACHAM AP Sports Writer
Friday, June 07, 2002
MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) -- There's something scary about Lennox Lewis' heavyweight title bout with Mike Tyson. Take it from Emanuel Steward, who's never seen anything like it in a half-century in boxing.
"I don't recall ever being involved in a fight where both men had the kind of punching power that Lennox and Mike have," said Steward, Lewis' trainer. "It's a frightening thing to think of the damage that either one of these fighters could do to the other one. Frightening.
"It's like dynamite is all over the place, and I'm worried that somebody is going to light a match."
Tyson -- or Kid Dynamite, his nickname from a promising youth that now seems sad ancient history -- gets another chance to reclaim his heavyweight title on Saturday night at the Pyramid Arena on the banks of the Mississippi. He most likely will be an underdog for the first time in his turbulent career.
Lewis' WBC and IBF heavyweight belts -- as well as the legacy of a good career that could reach greatness with a victory -- are on the line.
Much of the fight's worldwide appeal is based on Tyson's capacity to create mayhem outside the rules. It's a common belief in Memphis that Tyson must win the fight in the first three rounds -- or something could happen that would make his notorious "Bite Fight" with Evander Holyfield seem like a snack.
The specter of catastrophic danger always hovers over boxing, but Steward's point is worth considering. If Tyson, who still might be the sport's most feared puncher, and the hulking, relentless Lewis put aside the theatrics and actually get down to boxing, the fight possibly could be more a classic than a spectacle.
"This is a fight that's important to me, especially in this era of boxing," Lewis said. "It would be unfortunate for me if I don't fight the best boxers of this era.
"I don't have any hate for Tyson. We're two combatants and gladiators. I'm not worried about him biting me because he had a reason to bite Holyfield."
Both fighters have been relatively quiet since arriving last week, with Lewis appearing in public slightly more than Tyson. Lewis played chess with a young boy, and the champion's mother visited the Rev. Al Green, the singer who has a church in Memphis. Tyson ventured to an inner-city barber shop to sign autographs and pose for pictures.
In his few public comments, Tyson maintained the glowering persona of perhaps the sports world's most frightening man.
"I'm just ready to get it on and crush this guy's skull," Tyson said. "Show him who the real heavyweight champion is of the era."
It's not hard to anticipate the bout's early rounds. Lewis, with his 6-inch advantages in height and reach, will attempt to control Tyson's trademark rushes with a judicious jab. Tyson, who hopped around the weigh-in podium on Thursday like a caffeinated jackrabbit, will almost certainly attack furiously, hoping for an early knockout with a punch to Lewis' still-suspect jaw.
Given Tyson's history, there's still a good chance that the biggest fight in Memphis boxing history won't last more than a few minutes. The local fans might not mind, however. This may be the nation's 18th-largest city, but its residents aren't immune to starry eyes.
Large groups of locals combed through the famous Beale Street downtown entertainment district Thursday night in hopes of glimpsing one of the dozens of celebrities expected to hit town. A local TV newscaster urged viewers to get on the station's Internet site "if you've seen a celebrity or you know where one will be," before airing a story about just what it's like to ride in a limousine.
Both fighters will make nearly $20 million, even though thousands of tickets -- possibly overpriced for local buyers, Tyson adviser Shelly Finkel admitted -- still remain unsold. But Finkel still expects a record pay-per-view take, and if he's correct, it could be the richest fight in history.
Both Team Tyson and Lewis' camp agree that Tyson is the reason, for better or worse.
"A lot of people will just want to see what crazy thing Mike is going to do," Steward said.
"He's the best boxing entertainer out there," Tyson trainer Stacey McKinley said. "Mike is going to fight and entertain and give you everything he's got. That's why the entire world loves him."

Boxer Mike Tyson raises his arms as he takes part in official weigh-in ceremonies in Memphis, Tenn., Thursday, June 6, 2002. Challenger Tyson is scheduled to meet heavyweight champion Lennox Lewis in Memphis on Saturday night. (AP Photo/David J. Phillip)
Boxing News
Fight Could End Big Paydays for Tyson
Ali to Dedicate Freedom Center
Danger Surrounds Tyson-Lewis Fight
Boxer Tyson Shows Sensitive Side
Litke: A Sensitive Side to Mike?
Boxing Coverage

Rower_CPU
Jun 7, 2002, 07:18 PM
Ali talked the talk...but he also walked the walk. You don't get to be heavyweight champ if you're all mouth.

I don't compare Ali to Tyson because they are completely different types of boxers. Ali had class and style and would defeat his opponents psychologically as well as physically. Tyson just runs them over.

krossfyter
Jun 7, 2002, 07:22 PM
Ali talked the talk...but he also walked the walk. You don't get to be heavyweight champ if you're all mouth.

I don't compare Ali to Tyson because they are completely different types of boxers. Ali had class and style and would defeat his opponents psychologically as well as physically. Tyson just runs them over.

true. but most boxers have big egos and talk and win fights....only one says hes going to eat the opponent and does just that.

true though... true. i dig.

Rower_CPU
Jun 7, 2002, 07:48 PM
true. but most boxers have big egos and talk and win fights....only one says hes going to eat the opponent and does just that.

true though... true. i dig.

word, man.:D

It should be entertaining nevertheless.

britboy
Jun 7, 2002, 07:53 PM

i hear britian doesnt respect lennox as they used to. whats the story on this? it seems they dog him as much as people in america dig tyson. i could be wrong.

I don't really know the answer to that question. All i can think it might be is because he originally comes from canada, and so no matter how well he does for us, he'll never really be accepted as a brit. It's the same with Greg Rusedski. He's our No. 2 tennis player, and also comes from canada. He's a nice guy, plays good tennis (has the worlds fastest serve), but is never loved quite like Tim Henman (our No. 1 player, born and bred in england).

jelloshotsrule
Jun 7, 2002, 10:17 PM
like Tim Henman (our No. 1 player, born and bred in england).

tim henman is such a pansy tennis player

he always fails when the pressure is on.

i'm surprised he's not french....

IndyGopher
Jun 7, 2002, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by AmbitiousLemon

I live in Indianapolis, where Tyson's rape trial was held. It was the ONLY news while it went on, (and for the months preceding, and following, the actual trial) So we got to hear more interviews and questioning of Tyson than probably anyone.. and lemme say this, in as unvarnished a way as I can... They put animals down that are way closer to sane, benign, and yes, human, than this creature. You say he doesn't deserve to live in a civilized society.. I agree wholeheartedly, but I will go you one better. Kinda made me sorry that rape is not a capital crime in Indiana like it used to be in some of the southern states. Read into that what you will.
For those of you that consider yourselves fans of Tyson.. I really have to wonder about you. Someone said in an earlier post that Tyson doesn't follow the rules.. that's true, and it's a BAD THING. This isn't a war, it's a sport. There are rules for a reason, and when you don't follow them, you're not a champion, no matter how much you "win". And as for Tyson not being Charles Manson (also from an earlier post) this is also true... Charles Manson was articulate and charismatic.
Too bad the fight isn't at noon.. I would have loved to hear the "Mad dogs and Englishmen" marketing angle.. but I digress. As to who I think will win, I honestly have no idea. I am quite familiar with the fact that there is no justice in this world, so it's completely possible that Tyson might win. I'm hoping, however, for a good old-fashioned Biblical smiting of ol' Iron Mike.

clubmedia
Jun 8, 2002, 04:41 AM
i just got off the phone with lennox lewis and he said he got crank calls all night from some guy with a lisp. he is pissed...

krossfyter
Jun 8, 2002, 05:20 AM
Originally posted by clubmedia
i just got off the phone with lennox lewis and he said he got crank calls all night from some guy with a lisp. he is pissed...

hahah good one!

krossfyter
Jun 8, 2002, 05:31 AM
Originally posted by IndyGopher

I live in Indianapolis, where Tyson's rape trial was held. It was the ONLY news while it went on, (and for the months preceding, and following, the actual trial) So we got to hear more interviews and questioning of Tyson than probably anyone.. and lemme say this, in as unvarnished a way as I can... They put animals down that are way closer to sane, benign, and yes, human, than this creature. You say he doesn't deserve to live in a civilized society.. I agree wholeheartedly, but I will go you one better. Kinda made me sorry that rape is not a capital crime in Indiana like it used to be in some of the southern states. Read into that what you will.
For those of you that consider yourselves fans of Tyson.. I really have to wonder about you. Someone said in an earlier post that Tyson doesn't follow the rules.. that's true, and it's a BAD THING. This isn't a war, it's a sport. There are rules for a reason, and when you don't follow them, you're not a champion, no matter how much you "win". And as for Tyson not being Charles Manson (also from an earlier post) this is also true... Charles Manson was articulate and charismatic.
Too bad the fight isn't at noon.. I would have loved to hear the "Mad dogs and Englishmen" marketing angle.. but I digress. As to who I think will win, I honestly have no idea. I am quite familiar with the fact that there is no justice in this world, so it's completely possible that Tyson might win. I'm hoping, however, for a good old-fashioned Biblical smiting of ol' Iron Mike.

well mike did say.... if he is going to be called an animal he might as well act like one. at least he does what he says his going to do. im not a fan of mike.... i used to be when he was actually fighting rather than eating people. now im more intersted in what mikes going to do next. hes sort of over the edge entertainment for me...something that NO boxer ever has been.
i like dynamics and things that stand the hell out and mike does that. all the other boxers are in a "BOX" ...they conform...which is fine...no problem with that. Im all for playing by the rules and such in sports. But usually in other things...like Art... its those that break the rules that change the world. Im not saying that Mike is a good guy..im just saying he is the most impressive boxing entertainer to me...because he is so outside the mainstream its not funny. I mean come on.... a boxer that puts praise be to allah and eating ones children in the same breath is outside the box and is entertaining in a way never seen before in boxing. as for his morality....thats another issue and i dont resepect that part of him.
your right charles is more articulate then mike....no contest there...but give mike a chance at manson and mike would be americas hero for taking that little swatzie prik out of this world....because thats how fickle a certain part of america is.

aqain no fan of mike....just fan of dynamics and the outside of the box mentality.

dig it.

iGav
Jun 8, 2002, 05:32 AM

I don't really know the answer to that question. All i can think it might be is because he originally comes from canada, and so no matter how well he does for us, he'll never really be accepted as a brit. It's the same with Greg Rusedski. He's our No. 2 tennis player, and also comes from canada. He's a nice guy, plays good tennis (has the worlds fastest serve), but is never loved quite like Tim Henman (our No. 1 player, born and bred in england).

He's Canadian..... that's definitely the reason... heh heh...... the brits mostly are really fickle about their sports stars...... look at Beckham, 4 years ago..... everybody was dissing the bloke for reacting the way he did against Argentina....... now 4 years on... without him, we probably wouldn't even be in the world cup...... and after yesterday....... if you read the english papers you'd believe the man was not a God but thee God......... for some reason Lennox just doesn't seem to have the support that say Frank (terrible glass jawed boxer... no what I mean harry) Bruno did........

To be honest I really don't give a stuff about this fight...... and there's so much going on with England stuffing the Argies yesterday, that no one seems to care either.... I understand that Sky's Pay-Per-View hasn't been saturated with subscribers either........ it's just come at a bad time,what with the World Cup and all.......

Anyway it's the Candian Grand Prix this weekend........ so that has my undivided attention........ as Schumi knocks them all back into there boxes..... heh heh......

As for Tim Henman........ he's utter crap.......:rolleyes: :p

edesignuk
Jun 8, 2002, 05:45 AM
It's gotta be our Lewis :D C'mon!
I'll be watchin' the fight tonight so I guess I'll find out then, but I really do hope it's Lewis, Tyson doesn't deserve to win.

krossfyter
Jun 8, 2002, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by verbose101
It's gotta be our Lewis :D C'mon!
I'll be watchin' the fight tonight so I guess I'll find out then, but I really do hope it's Lewis, Tyson doesn't deserve to win.

the funny thing (and scary thing for lewis) about if tyson is loosing in the ring against him is that lewis may be going back to your country without an apendage....an ear, arm, leg....whatever. i know mikes not going to let him win in style. heh.

Mr. Anderson
Jun 8, 2002, 02:32 PM
I'd let Tyson bite my ear for 17 million....

britboy
Jun 8, 2002, 02:36 PM
I'd let Tyson bite my ear for 17 million....

I don't care how much they paid me, i wouldn't be stupid enough to get into a ring with that mad-man.

Mr. Anderson
Jun 8, 2002, 02:44 PM
I'd be lucky to last a few punches, most likely. I'd never do it, I was just commenting on the amount of money these guys make. No matter what Lewis does in the ring, if he's smart he's got enough cash to last a long time. Problem is, they usually don't make it last, Tyson is the prime example there...

I think the most successful boxer has to be George Forman. He's made a name for himself outside of boxing (besides naming all his kids George) and is probably doing really good with his little grill...

AmbitiousLemon
Jun 8, 2002, 03:30 PM
Lewis is probably the only man who is capable of beating tyson. i mean i believe this is the first time tyson has entered the ring as the underdog.

Lewis is a smart man. reminds me of apollo creed's character from rocky. hes a thinker.

you guys see him fight tuya (sp?) the guy with the hair and left hook. Tuya fights like tyson, and lewis took him apart.

the only thing that has me concerned is that glass jaw of lewis. watching him go down in the first match against rahkman (sp?) was shocking. Tyson has more hitting power than anyone lewis has gone up against, the whole thing might be over with one lucky punch from tyson.

but for the most part tyson is old and out of his prime. doesnt fight like he used to. Lewis should win the fight. He is simply the better boxer. but like i said if tyson gets in one good punch it may be over.

krossfyter
Jun 8, 2002, 05:45 PM
i hear ya lemon.

i just dont see anything impressive with lennox. the dude fights like he is scared. he is just too overly cautious and thats not how you fight tyson...no matter if he is in his prime or not. i mean damn...lennox got jacked by Oliver Mc Call and Hasim Rahman....not impressive stuff for the resume if you ask me. How can you be the better fighter with crap like that on your resume.? Tyson...regardless of his current fighting state not being up to par any more... has an impressive resume. The nigga has been around.

Truth is...if Lennox does not put pressure on tyson early on...then Tyson is going to win. Basically if lennox fights like he usually does he is not going to win. I suspect Lennox will change his style a bit if he knows whats good for him. Although I do agree that lennox is a more technically sound boxer...not nescesarilly better all around...and if lennox frustrates tyson just enough he will win. But yeah... one hard punch from iron mike and lennox does not stand a chance.

If tyson is un medicated.... Tyson will for hella sure win. If he is medicated.... its up in the air.

AmbitiousLemon
Jun 8, 2002, 05:57 PM
yes those two 'incidents' are very embarrassing. especially since lewis claimed teh first was a fluke... and then it happened again.

you are right about his acting scared. i woudlnt put it that way but i know what you mean. that first fight with rahman is a great example. he was playing it safe or something. the second fight though is the lewis im used to. he was aggressive and took rahman apart.

the Tuya fight is a great example of what might happen. lewis was aggressive and took the big puncher down.

tyson has done very poorly against boxers of lewis's type. and he has lost his edge that he had back then.

also tyson has done very poorly when he has take some strong punches early in a fight. so if lewis comes out aggressive like he usually does tyson is in trouble.

but like you said, if lewis thinks too much and fights like he was fighting in that first match with rahman tyson is going to eat him alive.

but i would hope lewis knows this. tyson doesnt stand a chance if lewis fights like he should and like he usually does. those times he got K.O.ed are cause for concern though because if he comes out conservatively like he did in those fights and happens to take a well placed punch by tyson lewis is going to find himself flat on his back.

i think we will know after the first few rounds who is going to win, as it all depends on how lewis approaches the fight. no matter what happens it should be interesting, i just hope lewis doesnt screw things up. i think most people would like to see tyson go down.

whfsdude
Jun 8, 2002, 06:12 PM
to hear his words of wisdom

http://www.dc101.com/mp3/Mike_Tyson.mp3

I love how he uses big words to act smart, then screws up the little ones.

I'll ******* you till you love me :P

IndyGopher
Jun 8, 2002, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by whfsdude
to hear his words of wisdom

http://www.dc101.com/mp3/Mike_Tyson.mp3

I love how he uses big words to act smart, then screws up the little ones.

I'll ******* you till you love me :P

Maybe it's the speakers on the ol' iBook.. but not one word (they WERE words, right?) of that gibberish sounded like English to me. Or French. Or German. Or Russian. Might have been Spanish.. I don't speak any Spanish.. but my guess is that I just don't speak *******.

edesignuk
Jun 8, 2002, 10:57 PM
:D :D :D WELL DONE LEWIS! :D :D :D

IndyGopher
Jun 8, 2002, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by verbose101
:D :D :D WELL DONE LEWIS! :D :D :D
Very much agreed. I wonder how the Tyson apologists will explain why he just stood there and couldn't land a punch to save his life. We'll know soon enough. *sigh*

Rower_CPU
Jun 8, 2002, 11:47 PM
I'm happy Lewis won, too.

Maybe Tyson can slink off into obscurity now and the sport of boxing can regain a little of the dignity it once had.

jefhatfield
Jun 9, 2002, 11:24 AM
I'm happy Lewis won, too.

Maybe Tyson can slink off into obscurity now and the sport of boxing can regain a little of the dignity it once had.

i never thought that boxing had dignity or was even a sport

to me, it seems like two men fighting in a ring and tyson just seems like them all but with somewhat less control over his words and actions

Rower_CPU
Jun 9, 2002, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by jefhatfield

to me, it seems like two men fighting in a ring and tyson just seems like them all but with somewhat less control over his words and actions

I'm a big fan of the Ali days of the sport. Guys knew how to handle themselves, sure they trash talked, but they could do it without using obscenities. The sport was a true battle between the boxers and not a media frenzy and circus.

krossfyter
Jun 9, 2002, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by jefhatfield

i agree jet. however it seems that tyson is the epitemy of what boxing really is now a days. 2 people sluggin it out should not be a pretty sight. i want one of them to get thier arse smashed the hell in...you know what im saying? none of this pansy stick and move...or softening them up with jabs or shots to the stomach atitude.

dig it.

IndyGopher
Jun 9, 2002, 03:44 PM
Boxing is everything you said you didn't like. Are you sure you actually like boxing? I think maybe you want to see a televised bar brawl.

krossfyter
Jun 9, 2002, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by IndyGopher
Boxing is everything you said you didn't like. Are you sure you actually like boxing? I think maybe you want to see a televised bar brawl.

probably right on the first part.... but wrong on the bar brawl part.

i just want one individual to come in there and totally turn boxing on its head....one guy you can count on winning by KO in the first or second round....all the frekin time. boxers of today are not like that anymore. mike used to do that. roy jones jr is the only one that i can think of thats close to this....but he is not in the heavyweight division.... the dude is awsome to watch...he has style and you can count on him. however all the others are not consistant and are basically boring.

Mr. Anderson
Jun 9, 2002, 04:31 PM
sorry to mix the thread up here, but what you said sounds sort of like Snatch. Have you seen the movie krosfyter?

krossfyter
Jun 9, 2002, 04:55 PM
sorry to mix the thread up here, but what you said sounds sort of like Snatch. Have you seen the movie krosfyter?

nah ive never seen snatch. is this what its like? what part? explain if possible. i just might watch it now.

Rower_CPU
Jun 9, 2002, 05:20 PM
Snatch is a great movie. A Guy Ritchie flick kind of along the lines of Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels. Boxing isn't the main action, but plays a large part in the story never-the-less.

Brad Pitt's character plays a bare-knuckle boxer who's pretty badass...I won't say anything else since I don't want to give anything away if you do go to see it.:)