PDA

View Full Version : How to sign application for distribution?

pashik
Dec 6, 2008, 06:08 AM
Hello.
i received such message from AppStore when submitted application:

Application cannot be posted to the App Store because it is crashing on launch under iPhone OS 2.2 and Mac OS X 10.5.5. Please ensure that you are changing your "Code Signing Identity" to "iPhone Distribution" and your "Code Signing Provisioning Profile" to your distribution profile in your TARGET build settings - not the project build settings.

I tested on all 2.x firmwares in Simulator and iPhone and everything works fine.
There were such settings in project:
"Configuration": "Distribution" - i copied it from Release and renamed to "Distribution"

tab "General" - "Base SDK for All Configurations: Multiple values
tab "Build" - "Code Signing Entitlements" is empty;
"Code signing Identity" points to "iPhone Distribution: FirstName LastName";
"Any iPhone OS Device" under "Code signing Identity" points also to "iPhone Distribution: FirstName LastName".

in Target settings:
tab "Build" - Code signing Identity" points to "iPhone Distribution: FirstName LastName";

So according to note from apple i have to make project settings:
"Code signing Identity" points to "iPhone Distribution"
delete "Any iPhone OS Device" under "Code signing Identity"
and set Target settings:
tab "Build" - Code signing Identity" points to "iPhone Distribution: FirstName LastName";
though there is no "Code Signing Provisioning Profile" in target "build" settings.

Is it right? How to add "Code Signing Provisioning Profile" into build settings of target?
what should i set Active SDK in project settings?

firewood
Dec 6, 2008, 10:31 AM
I am close to being convinced that signing apps for installation and submission is an IQ test. One has to be smart enough to find the hidden clues in all the multiple documents and help forums, some of which appear to be ambiguous or conflicting, and follow the right ones to solve the puzzle. Your reward is access to the App Store.

Try cleaning all builds, select the distribution build, then quit and restart XCode just before building any distribution version. Some people end up completely deleting the SDK, reinstalling it in a different user account, and creating a complete new set of keys and certificates.